Summer Slam Predictions: Paige VS AJ Lee

                                                 AJ Lee VS Paige: Divas Championship
Hey everyone, It's time for my second post in my Summer Slam prediction series. As you know throughout the week I will be posting my predictions for each match set for the Summer Slam card this Sunday. Yesterday saw my first prediction witch was for the match up between Jack Swagger and Rusev, I will leave the link to that post at the end of this one so you can check that out if you haven't done so already. Today I'm focusing on AJ and Paige, you can also let me know what your predictions are for this match and every other one and who you are supporting this weekend by tweeting me at @TezangiVictoria.

So as you can see already, today's predictions are for the one on one match up between AJ Lee and Paige for the WWE divas championship. Now this is one of two divas matches of the night witch I think is awesome. I think it's great that the divas are getting so much TV time lately, good feuds that the fan's can actually get into and for the past thew PPV's we've seen two diva's matches in the night, weather one being on the kick off show and one on the main show or not. This Sunday see's Paige and AJ go at it once again for the divas championship. I think I have expressed it enough this year how much I have wanted these two to feud, and how I have been wanting it since Paige came to NXT. I have to admit I have been disappointed at times. I think the whole feud has been at a really slow pace. When Paige debuted the night after Wrestlemania and defeated AJ to become the youngest ever divas champion, I was more than happy and I think everyone knew just how excited I was. Her debut was well overdue and a lot of people wanted to see her come up to the main roster for a very long time; and I was so happy that she was able to become the champ on her first appearance on RAW and I personally think AJ couldn't have lost it to a better person. As for Paige's title reign I was actually really disappointed. She had a great match with Naomi at Money in the bank but her title reign could of been much much better. She wasn't involved in any big feuds and we never got to see the real Paige. Her style in the ring was very different to what we were use to seeing, the matches were nowhere near long enough (witch we have to expect with it being on the main roster) and it felt like they were holding back a lot, her character just seemed too different. I think debuting her as a face worked against them, I think the fans that didn't know much or anything about her were really confused with her and the fact that they had her win the championship on her debut meant that they had to show that she was worthy. That her in ring ability was just as good and even better than the divas already on the main roster. But they failed completely. She appeared boring and predictable and the heat of her arrival warred off very quickly. I think if they were going to have her as a face they should of done a little more. Give her longer matches and put her in a feud. I get they were building her up for a longer feud with AJ once she returned but  I think it was all just done wrong. When AJ returned and got her title back I kinda liked the idea. I do feel that Paige should of had a longer title reign though.
What they did after AJ's return with the two really didn't work for me personally. It was very slow and got really boring. It was a good lead up to Paige's heel turn and added that little more to there feud but I think it waisted time and didn't work so good as they expected.
For Sunday, I'm hoping Paige picks up the win. I'm a big big fan of both diva's but I really don't want to see another long AJ title reign. I think Paige has a lot lot more to show and I think she can show that with being the Divas champion. I think the match up between the two is gonna be a good one. I'm hopeing they get a long match. I think Paige has a lot to prove this weekend. She needs to show more in the ring. More attitude, more character and more moves. She did a lot in NXT and we need to see the anti diva we saw over there. Who do I think will actually win? AJ. I think there feud is gonna go on to one more month, I think were likely to see a fatal four way match for the divas championship at the next PPV but I'm not sure. With so many fans wanting more from the two divas I do think they will stretch it to one more match. I think its Paige that has the most momentum going into the match but to be honest it's pretty equal

What are your predictions for this Sunday? Drop me a tweet at @TezangiVictoria


Summer Slam Predictions: Jack Swagger VS Rusev
http://talkwrestlingworld.blogspot.co.uk/2014/08/summer-slam-predictions-jack-swagger-vs.html

Comments

Popular Posts