Superstar Of The Week: Cesaro

Hello Everyone! So it's time for this week's superstar of the week. yesterday I put up my top five superstars of the week post and I will leave the link to that at the end of this one so you can check that out if you haven't done so already. Yes, this post was suppose to be up yesterday but I was really busy yesterday so you have it today. You can let me know who your superstar of the week is by tweeting me at @TezangiVictoria.

So this week's superstar of the week is Cesaro. Just like last week I haven't based the number list on just wins and loses its more a long time achievement. What they have done over the year so far that contributes to this week. How good have the matches been that they have been in over the past week? Have they shown any improvement in any area? And this week it was Cesaro who ticked all these boxes for me and earned the number one spot.

So far this has been an intresting year for Cesaro. He may not have held any title's yet this year but he has been a stand out superstar all year. From he's time with Zeb Colter as a "Real American", to he's amazing one on one and tag team matches, to he's success at Wrestlemania. He has featured in I think every PPV this year and was in the first Live NXT show, NXT arrival, where he went one on one with Sami Zayn in a 2 out of 3 falls match witch is being considered as one of the best matches of the year so far. For me it's been the year of Cesaro. Back at the in February Cesaro had another amazing singles match this time against John Cena on Monday night RAW. This for me was one of the best matches of the year also, in fact he was in my top 10 matches of the year post twice. He then went on to qualify for the Elimination Chamber match  that month whilst also in the same month managing to beat Randy Orton on Smackdown. He was also participated in this years money in the bank ladder match for the WWE world heavyweight championship alongside the likes of Sheamus, Randy Orton, John Cena, Kane and Roman Reigns. In both of these PPV's Cesaro was a stand out and did amazing in both. There was also he's win at Wrestlemania in the Battle Royal where he eliminated the Big Show in order to pick up the win,shocking the whole arena and everyone at hom, with the following night announcing he's new partnership with Paul Heyman. Throughout the year Cesaro has shown off he's un-believable strength that still to this day surprises me
Coming towards the end of he's time with Heyman things just got real bad for Cesaro. He began a losing streak and he became Irrelevant and boring to watch at times.He's attacks on Kofi went no where and even though they were good attacks to watch at the end of the day it just seemed stupid and pointless. So just as I was becoming bored of Cesaro and started putting him back on the Mid card/jobbers section of the roster. He comes back proving he's still one to watch. Last week he on RAW he had an amazing one on one match with Dean Ambrose where he managed to pick up a DQ win. Despite the ending the match was amazing and one that was back and forth back and forth however at times dominated by Cesaro. He showed he's amazing strength once again and executed he's moves really nicely. He's backstage segment with Triple H made me see a new light.I think for Cesaro to stay relevant, intresting and in the main eventing zone he needs to have some involvement with The Authority, it's what's best for he's career and I think this is the only way to save he's career. The same week on Smackdown he had an amazing amazing match up once again with Dean Ambrose, this time in a no DQ match.This one was even better than the one on RAW. It was another back and forth back and forth match and it was pretty hard to call it. I stayed into the match from start to finish and my mum even got into it! Although Dean Ambrose did dominate a lot of the match and pick up the win, Cesaro's performance was amazing and much much much better than I thought it was going to be and at time's I was convinced he was going to win. I'm so happy these two got to have both these matches. There both main even superstars and it was great to see a main event on RAW that didn't involve Cena or Randy, instead it was two new young superstars getting the spotlight, and being able to show off there amazing talent and what they can do in the ring.
We the saw him this past Monday on RAW, were he interrupted the opening segment between WWE World Heavyweight champion John Cena and former advocate of he's Paul Heyman. Now Cesaro does not have the best mic skills in the world, but I have to admit that description of Cena was just too accurate! And I do love hearing he's voice and I think it's good he's getting a little more time on the mic. The whole thing led to a one on one match to kick off the night against Cena. We all know the amazing match they had earlier on
in the year so I couldn't wait for this one, I had high expectations and I was far from disappointed. It was an awesome match, that Cesaro did carry. It was entertaining, the crowd got into it and it was back and forth. We all knew the ending before it had even started  but it was a Cesaro match for me. Cesaro then had a decent match on Smackdown this past Friday against Jack Swagger. The match was pretty good, nothing stand out but it was good.
This week Cesaro has for sure earned the number one spot and I think If the WWE do the right thing's with him they have a future hall of famer in there hands.

My top five superstars of the week:
http://talkwrestlingworld.blogspot.co.uk/2014/08/my-top-5-superstars-of-week.html

Superstar Of the week The Miz:
http://talkwrestlingworld.blogspot.co.uk/2014/07/superstar-of-week-miz.html

My top 10 matches of the year:
http://talkwrestlingworld.blogspot.co.uk/2014/07/my-top-10-wwe-matches-of-year-so-far.html

Comments

Popular Posts