Why Natalya should be next divas champion.

Hey guys! I'm back today with another slightly different post. Yesterday I put up my "why I think RVD should leave the ring" post and it seem's like it went down really well and I enjoyed doing it too, I will leave the link to that at the end of this so you can check that out If you want and aint done so already. You can also let me know what you think of today's topic of conversation by leaving a comment bellow at the end or dropping me a tweet at @TezangiVictoria.

So today I'm talking divas and I'm talking about the one diva WWE seem to forget to do so, Natalya. I've been a big big fan of Nattie from the beginning to be honest. She's completely different to all the other divas on the roster and she always has been since her arrival in WWE, from her physical appearance, her in ring style and her genuine passion for what she does (witch I will go into more detail about later on!). I've always looked up to Natalya for these reasons and been inspired by her but it seem's that the WWE just don't share the same feelings as I many others do about her, but why?  On paper she sounds like the perfect female wrestler. She has a long blood line of amazing wrestlers, she's different from the rest, highly talented, has a strong personality and can do stuff in the ring that no other diva can even think of doing! She's proved time and time again that she is more than worthy of being not only the divas but the face of the divas division and there is not a single doubt in my mind that she is currently the best diva on the roster. So why do we hardly see her in the ring? Why does she hardly get title shots? And why is it were seeing divas like Paige, AJ Lee and the Bella twins rising to the top of their division. Now don't get me wrong I love Paige and AJ and don't even mind the Bella's (well Nikki's nice to look at anyway) but it's made me so angry how so quickly in their career their put to the top. Take Aj as my first example: since her arrival she's bee babied by the company. They did keep her away from the divas championship for a while but she's been shoved down our throats more than any other diva. Being involved in "love" storylines with pretty much half the roster including Kane ad John Cena  putting her in main event spots and on our TV's every single week and on almost every PPV, she also had a small run as the RAW general manager. There was then her title reign last year leading through to this year witch I thought was a good idea and she had a good reign. During her first run as divas champion she did actually face Natalya for the divas championship at TLC in witch was actually a pretty good divas match in comparison to what we normally get. I felt that that match was another prime example of Natalya's skill. She clearly carried the match and kept it entertaining and full of actual good quality wrestling. Then there's Paige as my next example. Once again I'm a big big fan of Paige also but I have a big problem with how they are shaping up her debut year in comparison to Natalya's. On her actual RAW debut the night after Wrestlemania she was given a title match in witch she picked up the title and became the youngest ever divas champion; and now, only a thew months into her time on the main roster she's a two time divas champion. All this as a Natalya fan really did annoy me. Nattie had to work so so hard to get a shot the divas championship and it actually took a couple of years before she was given that actual title shot lost year at TLC, and let's not forget how long it actually took for her to become he divas champion. I still find it amazing that throughout her career she's only ever held the title once! But once again why does she get this treatment? Since total divas started I have actually been watching it both seasons one and two and in both I've been really annoyed with what they've shown. Not only do they make her come across really bad at times but to actually see what she has to do in the WWE really frustrates me. If anyone hasn't seen it, when Eva Marie and Jojo arrived she was basically assigned to babysit them and Eva was told to dye her hair because they already had brunettes ( the Bella twins) and that she looked too much like Nikki, as a result she was told to dye her hair blonde even though they already had a blonde...Natalya. It was also pretty sad seeing her put on the red carpet interviewing everyone instead of actually being able to get dressed up and be apart of it all and have fun getting the attention from the paparazzi.
A thew months back at NXT takeover Natalya went one on one with Charlotte for the NXT women's championship in witch was not only one of the best divas matches I have ever seen but also one of the matches of the whole year in my opinion. I just wanna say that at first I was so annoyed that they had her competing down at NXT. Once again she was being used to put over new talent and make other divas look really good giving them a good head start in the WWE and making their career look better. But her match against Charlotte a thew months back completely changed how I felt. The two performed amazingly and we were given some serious high quality wrestling from two amazing female wrestlers. Trust me if you aint seen it you need to find it somewhere and watch it because I aint seeing a divas match of that level in a very very long time in fact to be honest there hasn't been a divas match of that level since Trish and Lita and I really do hope that once Charlotte is brought up to the main roster the two get to feud, because to be honest they wouldn't even need to feud for the championship, their family history is enough. Natalya also had a really good match with Paige over on NXT  a while back too. These two matches I thought both of a really high quality. They were both lenghy matches being around the fifteen minuet mark, something the divas on the main roster never get weather it be on a RAW or Smackdown show or a PPV, both matches showed the talent of both divas in the match up and they were both really intresting and entertaining and personally I really got into it. However Natalya did not pick up the win in either of the match. No comment there.
At the moment the WWE seem to be undergoing some kind of new style for Nattie witch I think I have expressed my hate towards enough. I really don't think it's a good idea to slap on a load of make up on her and out her in similar attire to all the other divas, its her look that contributes to what separates her and makes her different from the other divas. And talking of the attire I really do hate it. Nattie clearly has a different body than most of the other divas and I just think this new attire doesn't do her any favours what so ever, the sooner they get rid of it the better. Another thing with WWE and Natalya is they wont keep her in a storyline at all. They've has so many opportunities to do so on the main roster, we've seen her get involved  in quit a lot over on NXT but not at all on the main roster. They did a small thing with her a thew months ago where they kind of went in the direction of turning her heel but it didn't go anywhere at all. At the moment they have her doing some wired back and forth set of matches with Paige and she currently has two wins over her so technically she deserves a title shot. I'm hopeing they will have her in a match at Night of champions for the title but it's more likely to be AJ again and the closest we will get is a triple threat match which I think would actually be really good to be honest. But even if they she is in the match I doubt very much they will have her win. To be honest I think it's unlikely we will see Natalya back in the spot for the championship until season three of total divas really gets going. I have to say that even though she hasn't come across that well at times on the show I really do believe that without it she wouldn't be on our screens as much. I'd love to see Natalya hold the title again and maybe have a feud with Paige because I'm still waiting for them to have a match on the main roster like their one on NXT but realisticly  I cant see it happening. I'd say around January would be a great time for her to hold the championship. By then Charlotte should be brought up and the two would have some amazing matches together and as I said feuds with the likes of both Charlotte and Paige would make so much sense with both their family history and their level of in ring skill. I think Nattie as champion will allow the fans to take the division more seriously and we will all round see more from the divas. A get to know Natalya post will be up next month.

Why I think RVD should leave the ring:
http://talkwrestlingworld.blogspot.co.uk/2014/08/why-i-think-rvd-should-leave-ring.html

Comments

Popular Posts