Summer Slam Predictions: The Miz VS Dolph Ziggler

                                  The Miz VS Dolph Ziggler: Intercontinental championship

Hey everyone! It's day three of my Summer Slam predictions series. So far I have predicted the match up's between Rusev and Jack Swagger in there Flag match and for Paige and AJ Lee's one on one for the divas championship. I will leave the link's to those post at the end of this one so you can check those out if you haven't done so already. You can also let me know what your predictions are and who you are backing this Sunday by tweeting me at @TezangiVictoria.

Today's focus is on the Intercontinental championship match up between Dolph Ziggler and current champ The Miz. If you had told me several months ago that I would be excited for a match between these two I would of laughed in your face, but now it's a completely different story. So the Miz returned a thew months back on the same night both AJ Lee and Chris Jericho return. To be honest I was not excited about he's return what so ever. I liked the new gimmick straight away and thought it could be an intresting turning point in Miz's career and I still think the same thing. He's return reaction wasn't the best and the crowd seemed very disappointed, including myself. Well until Jericho's music hit. He wasn't put in a feud straight away and I think that was the problem. Straight away they made him look like a joke by gearing the crowd and everyone at home up for a big return were he just played an accessory in the whole thing. Jericho's return was the key moment of the night and it was he who they were focusing there attention on straight away, putting him in a feud on the same night whitest leaving the Miz back in the mid card/jobbers section of the roster. They could of easily put them both in a new heated feud weather it be with each other or other people in the locker room. Instead they gave it to the guy they deemed most over with the crowd and post popular. Now I'm a fan of Miz and we have seen in the past what he is capable of doing in the ring and as a character. He's good on the mic and in the ring and that's something we hardly see. He's proven over the years he can pull of varies gimmicks but there's still something missing. I also think they could of had some kind of build up to he's return so we could get more excited and understand the new gimmick more and weather or not it is one to be taken seriously. Talking of the gimmick, as I said earlier I like it. He plays it really well and convincingly and I think it really does suit him and one they could take far. But the in ring work has not been up the level of the character. Since coming back he's moves in the ring have looked a little cleaner and executed more nicely but the wins and loses don't look good for him at all. He's win at the Battleground PPV in the Battle royal was weak and he has struggled in a lot of matches he's had. The one good thing that has come out of he's return is the feud with Ziggler. Now these two are very very similar in the sense there both amazing athletes and seriously underrated. Bur also looking at there history in the WWE. They have both been here pretty long and they both have had a year of great success and got a huge push including both feuding with Cena and both holding championship gold. The two have shown they work amazingly well in the ring together. They have good chemistry and compliment each other in the ring. As we all know the feud started at Battleground and on the following night Ziggler managed to pick up a clean win over the newly champion. I also have to say how amazing that match actually was. It was a fairly good length, back and forth and the crowd really got into it. There has been really good work from Ziggler in one on one matches, wining he's matches on RAW three week's in a row and having an amazing match last week on Smackdown against Seth Rollins. It's been a real intresting year for Ziggler and I think with the championship around he's waist it will make the year so much better. I do think he should be main eventing, but looking at the main event feuds he doesn't quit fit in yet. I think this is a make or break weekend for Miz. It really will determine the fate of the gimmick and he's career. If he looses there really is nothing left for him. I personally think he could benefit from NXT and having a feud there maybe with Tyler Breeze or something like that. If he wins this Sunday I once again don't see much for him. I cant see the two feuding for another month I just think he would become boring and just face random people every week and the fans will just get bored. As for Dolph, as I mentioned not that long ago I think he could really benefit from the win and becoming the new IC champ. I don't know who he would feud with but I think he could have a good title reign. I do see the WWE carrying on there feud no matter what, and to be honest they do make a good mid card feud but I feel like I'd get really bored and they would have to add a lot lot more to it then what we have seen so far. It's about time the WWE make the mid card championships more intresting ad relevant and I think Ziggler is the man to help push the IC title.
Personally I want Ziggler and I'm going to predict that he does.

Rusev VS Jack Swagger:
http://talkwrestlingworld.blogspot.co.uk/2014/08/summer-slam-predictions-jack-swagger-vs.html

Paigehttp://talkwrestlingworld.blogspot.co.uk/2014/08/summer-slam-predictions-paige-vs-aj-lee.html VS AJ Lee 

Comments

Popular Posts