Top 5 Superstars of the week


Hey guys! I'm back today with my top five superstars of the week. As I said before the week of a PPV I will not be doing a superstar of the week or top five post so this week is judged by the performances of the past two week's and that includes Summer Slam. The Superstar of the week post will be up tomorrow afternoon. You can also let me know who your superstar of the week is by tweeting me at @TezangiVictoria.

5) Stephanie McMahon 
Kicking off the top five this week is Stephanie McMahon. This is the first time I have had Stephanie in my top five but she has more than earned her place this week. The lead up for her one on one match at Summer Slam against Brie Bella was a pretty good one and I think most of that came from Stephanie. On the last week it was her who had the last actions and went into the match with the most momentum. She has played her character amazingly and ticks all the boxes in what makes a great heel in the business with the awesome mind games, the work on the mic, the addition of the cheating storyline (witch I'm not a fan of) and her all round attitude in the feud. Her acting has been pretty amazing and her mic skills as a whole have been really really good. You can see how much she has improved on the mic over the past year and she appears more confident out their on her own on the mic and she has more character as well. As for the actual match at Summer Slam I thought it was actually pretty good. Bearing in mind that Stephanie has not been in the ring for over ten years I thought she did amazing last Sunday! I was really really impressed and she dominated most of the match. With the addition of the Nikki Bella heel turn I think it means more amazing weeks for Stephanie McMahon.

4) Roman Reigns
At number four this week is Roman Reigns. Now I kept changing where I was going to put Reigns this week. One minuet I was gonna have him at number one then number five but I decided on the number four spot this week witch some of you may think is a joke considering the pretty good two week's he has had, so let me explain why I put him this spot. Well firstly there's been no improvement in the obvious areas, on the mic, we haven't seen much new in the ring and he's place this week in the list is mainly because of the quality of he's matches. This is due to bad booking witch isn't he's thought. Last week on RAW Reigns was involved in a three on one handicap match against Ryback and Curtis Axle witch was just a flat out pointless match! It did nothing for neither Roman Reigns or Ryback and Curtis as both a tag team and as singles competitors. The win was lousy and the match had nothing to it. He then faced the Miz on Smackdown last week in another pointless match. With it being the last match before he's Summer Slam match I thought it should of been much much better both on RAW and on Smackdown and instead he was given mid carders and Jobbers when it should of been someone more challenging. As for the actual match at Summer Slam I do think Roman showed some more moved and after all it was the biggest match and win of he's singles career but I felt like Randy carried the match a lot! He made Reigns look really good but not so much himself. I do think it was a slight turning point in Reigns career though. This past RAW Reigns was in six man competition when he teamed up with Sheamus and RVD to face Randy Orton and Rybaxle. This was pointless match number three for Reigns and to be honest He wasn't even the stand out guy in the match up. that being said The overall match was pretty good. We then saw Roman on Smackdown just the other night where he's match with the Miz never actually took place due to Randy's interruption. However it was Reigns once again standing tall at the end of the night.

3) Rob Van Dam
Rob Van Dam comes in at number three this week. This was actually a last minuet decision. I was struggling with the number three spot this week and wanted to change it up a bit by having someone I aint had in the top five before; and then I realised that RVD has never been in the list and he's actually had a pretty good week. Last week he had a fairly good match up with Seth Rollins on RAW but didn't pick up the win however the match entertained me and I thought it was a pretty good start to the show. He then had a one on one match with Cesaro at the Summer Slam kick off show last Sunday. The match was pointless and completely out of the blue but I actually thought it was a decent start to the show once again. I do think that he's US title match last year against Ambrose on the Kick off show was much much better but it was a good match up between to great superstars and Rob stayed in control throughout most of the match. He was then part of the six man tag match on RAW this past Monday when he teamed with Reigns and Sheamus to face Randy Orton and Rybaxle. Surprisingly it was RVD who picked up the win for he's team witch I didn't quit get but hey ho. I've said it already in this post but I wasn't a fan of the match but it was okay and it was a nice win for RVD to pick up. Finally he then went one on one with Randy Orton this past Friday on Smackdown. This match I thought was alright for Smackdown anyway and I got into a little. I thought he sold the attack really well after the match. There has been some rumours that Van Dam is leaving soon but I have no idea how legit that it.I do feel like the return of RVD was done wrong.They built it up to much and didn't do anything when he came back. All he has done is job for the new guys and help put them over. Personally I think they should of gave him one more title run maybe the IC title and one last big feud and then that should of been it. I think now he's better off as a trainer back in the Performance centre.

2) Dean Ambrose
This week's number two and just missing out on the number one spot is Dean Ambrose. now I don't have  to sit here and tell you how much I love Dean Ambrose because let's face it the whole world knows! He's little surprise for Seth last week on RAW I thought was just amazing when he came out of the present box. Me and my brother just sat in out living room just clapping. It was announced last week also that Dean Ambrose will star in WWE's latest movie Lockdown. I thought this was great news! It does suck that he's not gonna be on our TV for a while but it's gonna be worth it and I think it's amazing that he has had a movie offer so early on he's career in the WWE and I think he's gonna be amazing and I'm so so proud. Moving on to Summer Slam and can I just say that that lumberjack match was one of the best if not the best lumberjack match I have ever seen! Now I'm not a fan of lumberjack matches and I was not happy at all when that was announced as Dean's chosen stipulation and trust me I wasn't the only one but I could not believe the match we got this past Sunday. Action packed from start to finish, amazing pure wrestling, entertainment, character excitement, the lot! And the Lumberjacks just made it that much better. I thought both Ambrose and Rollins stole the show and were the stand out guys of the night. The match by far was main event material and both guys showed they are defiantly not ones to be underestimated and ones for sure to watch. The two then had another amazing match on RAW this time a falls count anywhere. This was just a true main event and a real way to end the show. I do wish they used the fact it was falls count anywhere a little more and I do wish the actual match was a little longer. As for the ending I've grown to love it. I mean It did leave me 400% done with Kane! And as an Ambrose fan it sucked but I thought it was a great way to write him off to go off and film and the whole missing Ambrose thing is pretty awesome. I think it's added more to the feud and I think that once he returns it gonna carry on for sure and be just as if not more entertaining!

1) Seth Rollins
Superstar of the week post up tomorrow!!!

Superstar of the week
http://talkwrestlingworld.blogspot.co.uk/2014/08/superstar-of-week-roman-reigns.html

Top 5 superstars of the week
http://talkwrestlingworld.blogspot.co.uk/2014/08/my-top-5-superstars-of-week_10.html

Get to know Roman Reigns
http://talkwrestlingworld.blogspot.co.uk/2014/08/get-to-know-roman-reigns.html

Comments

Popular Posts