Summer Slam Predictions: Jack Swagger VS Rusev

                                                Jack Swagger VS Rusev: Flag Match 

Hey everyone, I'm back and it's time for my Summer Slam prediction series. This is the third PPV of the year that I have done a prediction series, the whole point is pretty self explanatory I make my predictions for each match of the night leading up to the actual PPV. I'm kicking off the countdown with Rusev and Swagger, you can let me know what your prediction's are for this match and who you are supporting me by tweeting me at @TezangiVictoria.

So as you can already see kicking off the summer slam prediction series is the match up between Rusev and Jack Swagger. It was announced a thew week's ago that the pair would once again face off in a one on one PPV match. The last time we saw them in the ring together in a match was at the Battleground PPV witch to be honest was better then I thought it was going to be. I have to admit that at first I was really into the whole feud and it all really did make sense, I mean we have an all american american slagging off all the "immigrants" and what not, then we have a rookie Russian slagging off the United States, it was a feud just waiting to happen; but I have grown to just get really bored of the whole thing. The last match was pretty boring despite the fact it was better then expected but I feel like the lead up has been much much better. It's been promo and segment none stop and the little attacks have really helped add the heat. I think it's obvious that with out Lana and Zeb the feud would not be half as good as what it is. The two really have helped add that little more to the feud and has helped me personally get interested in the whole thing. I do feel like this feud has been 100% beneficial to Rusev. He hasn't been on the main roster for very long and I think I have made it clear I ain't a big fan of him, I wasn't a fan when he was in NXT and I ain't a fan now. So far all we have seen is Rusev dominate matches. Every single match he has been in he's been given jobbers as opponents and the matches have been short and one sided and I hate hate hate build ups like that. I think feuding with Rusev hasn't done much for Swagger. He was well overdue a face turn and I think it's great that this feud has allowed him to get really over with the crowd and he has been put in a feud that people can actually get into. I also think its funny how things have worked out between him and Cesaro. Everyone saw Cesaro being a main event star and while he did have a thew good months it's Swagger in a good feud and being apart of the Summer Slam card. I think Rusev feuding with Swagger is a good start to he's career. I personally cant see Rusev having a big career in the future, I've said it before but I do think Lana will go much much further than him. This Sunday I think Rusev has a lot more to show. He's move set seem's to be very limited and he needs to show more this weekend and prove he's one to be taken seriously and he's a superstar that is main event material in the future. As for swagger this weekend is very make or break. I think Rusev could get away with a loss being so earlier in he's career it's more about the overall performance for him but at the same time I think a loss could really ruin he's gimmick. As for Swagger he has a lot of proving to do. I think if he won it would reinforce the gimmick he has at the moment but at the same time a loss could go either way. It could help give him something new or it could just ruin he's career and make him completely irrelevant again. As we know this Sunday it's a flag match. If we look at the stipulation it clearly favours Swagger. I do think a Flag match is the perfect way to end the feud. I don't think it needs to go on much longer. It's worked in build Rusev as a superstar and got Swagger relevant again but I think they need to put Swagger in a title shot or just feuding with someone else. As for Rusev I think he should be given a title shot too after this weekend. I have said for a very long in fact since the begging that I want to see Rusev and Sheamus feud, and the fact that Sheamus is the United states champion it would make a lot sense for him and Rusev to feud. It would also once again, work for Swagger to feud with Sheamus. It would bring Sheamus closer to a heel turn and would work wonders for both superstars. I think either way this Sunday is important for both Superstars and could work for or against both guys. I'm predicting Rusev for the win but I'd personally rather see Swagger pick up the win.
You can let me know what you think of the match up, feud  predictions and who your supporting by tweeting me at @TezangiVictoria.

Comments

Popular Posts