WWE Match Of The Week: Dean Ambrose VS Alberto Del Rio

Hello everyone! I'm back today with a new post; the first of my Match of the week's. Every Sunday I'm going to be uploading a new post called "match of the week" the title is self explanatory but it's just an analysis of my favourite match of the week. I'm not sure if these are going to be a regular thing it depends on how the first thew go. You can let me know what your match of the week is by tweeting me at @Tezangivictoria.

Kicking off the new series is Dean Ambrose VS Alberto Del Rio, witch was aired on Tuesday on the WWE network. Now I know a lot of UK fans probably have not seen the whole match but I will leave links at the end of this post as to where you can watch the full match. For those of you that have seen it you will know exactly why it was my fave match of the week. It had everything I like to see in a one on one. I have to admit that when it wan announced that these two would be going one on one back on Monday's RAW I was more than disappointed and not really looking forward to the match, but to my surprise it was awesome. Del Rio has become extremely irrelevant and boring as of lately, and he's matches have been bellow average, the last one I can remember actually enjoying was the one he had against Daniel Bryan a thew months ago on RAW. As for Dean Ambrose, do I really have to express how I feel about Ambrose? I think the whole world know's my opinions on this guy. For me he is the hottest talent in WWE at the moment (not just meaning he's looks!), he ticks every single box in what makes an awesome wrestler; Character, good looks, mic skills, wrestling ability, style, everything. I've never seen a match up between these two completely different superstars so it was going to be interesting to watch. To be honest I don't know how I was expecting the two of them to work together just because of how different they are in and out of the ring, but as I learnt throughout the night, they really do compliment each other. There styles work great together and there was no time during the match that it felt awkward to watch or it got boring or dull.
The night actually kicked off with a little promo from the one and only Dean Ambrose. He started talking to/about a certain Mr Seth Rollins where he called him out to the ring but instead he got he's opponent of the night Del Rio. It was great being able to see Ambrose's amazing mic skills once again but was a big shame he had to be interrupted but a rather terrible mic skills person Alberto. Del Rio went on to mock the way Dean looks and taunted him about he's injured shoulder and how he can and will make it worse and by the end of he's little speech got a quick cheap shot kick to the injured shoulder.
Later on in the night we finally got to see some proper action between the two. The match started out nice and quick with Ambrose going straight on the attack. He very early on showed he's very unique, unorthodox style when he dragged the face of Del Rio across the ropes. He made sure the match as going at he's pace and focused on working on the injured eye of Del Rio. I'm sue most of you know Alberto injured he's eye during the Superstars taping on Monday. One think I loved about the match was Dean's use of the ropes. There quickly becoming a key use to him in he's matches and he uses them to he's complete advantage and does so so well. Del Rio managed to turn the tables well after a shot to the side of Ambrose's head, following a constant attack on the injured shoulder. But Ambrose got straight back on the attack and took things out side of the ring where he used the barricade to he's advantage. He also carried on using trash talk during the match while putting Del Rio in various submission holds. Things once again started to change when Ambrose went shoulder first (yes the injured one) into the lamp post followed by a kick to the side of the head, he from then carried on working on the mid section and shoulder of Del Rio.But once again things changed early when from the top of the ropes ambrose began working on the face, yes face, of Del Rio clawing at the face. Alberto gained some momentum and time to recover after he hit Ambrose with yet another shot to the side of Ambrose's head where he then after fell off the side of the ring onto the mat. After the quick break we saw that it was still Del Rio in control of the match. And just as Ambrose was getting
back on top of things Del Rio hit him with a perfectly done closline, and it was from there he went straight back to the shoulder using the steel post. Alberto then hit the an amazing suplex from the top rope. But once ambrose got back on the attack he was once again using the ropes and gave us an amazing cross body to del rio, shortly followed by a suicide dive that left Alberto into the crowd. Once back in the ring a nice German suplex was delivered by Del rio. For me, I thought things were going to come to an end when Ambrose hit a perfect tornado DDT but Alberto managed to just about kick out.The match ended with an interruption by seth Rollins, surprise surprise. This is starting to annoy me a little. Dean has laid off a bit and hasn't interrupted any of Rollins matches for a while, and I think we need to be able to see Ambrose pick up more wins and celebrate. Despite the ending the match was amazing and the crowd were 100% into the match and behind Ambrose the entire time and has rightfully earned the number one spot this week.
Keep watching to see what will be match of the week next week.

You can use:
Wrestling network to watch the match and full show.

Comments

Popular Posts