Top 5 Superstars of the Week

Hello everyone and welcome back to Talk Wrestling World, I hope you are all well! So it's Saturday witch of course means it's time for my top five superstars of the week. Next week there will be no top five list because it's Fastlane prediction week. My predictions for the pay per view will start going on up on Monday so keep an eye out for the links to those. The following week I will be uploading my top twenty matches of the month and my top fifteen superstars of the month so this is my last top five of the week for this month. Time seems to be going so so fast! As you all know Wrestlemania season on my blog has now started and from this point on wards I will be paying even more attention to the series. This week's top five, as always, is being judged by what has happened on RAW, Smackdown, Main Event, Superstars and NXT. I do want to start adding TNA stars to the weekly list but I've now decided that will start next month. I will leave the links bellow to any recent posts including my NXT Takeover Rival, Review and Reactions and this weeks RAW Review and Reactions post. Finally, you can let me know who your top five of the week has been and what you would like to see in Wrestlemania season by leaving a comment bellow or by tweeting me at @TezangiVictoria.


5) Roman Reigns 
Kicking off this weeks top five of the week is Roman Reigns. I know what your all thinking, for someone who doesn't like Reigns I really do mention him a lot, especially in my top five; but I do try to be as fair as possible and the fact of the matter is, is Roman Reigns has been one of the top superstars of this week. If we go back to RAW, he actually kicked off the show when he cut a promo, addressing the WWE universe, the Authority and he's opponent at Fastlane, Daniel Bryan. I don't know how many times I have mentioned over the past week that I feel Reigns works better as a heel so I'm not going to say it again and instead I will link my full post did on this topic bellow so you can go and check that out if you haven't already. This week Reigns has continued working that no nonsenses, hard faced almost heel like persona. I have to admit he's mic work this week has been much much better, in fact he's mic work has been better since the Royal Rumble pay per view, to be fair, I don't think he had any choice but to start improving. The attitude he has right now he needs to keep in order to turn the opinions on him around. Reigns was also in the opening match of the night when he teamed up with the man he will go one on one with at Fastlane, Daniel Bryan, to take on the team of Kane and The big show.  The match of course was short and simple and was just a build up to the main event. Reigns competed a fair amount in the match and did a decent job. He then later on in the night teamed up with Bryan again to face Seth Rollins, J&J Security, Kane and The Big show in a handicap match. I will admit Bryan did do most of the work in this match but the decent performance and the ending, witch saw Reigns spear and push Daniel Bryan to the floor contributed to him being this weeks number five spot. He also on Smackdown had a great performance in the tag turmoil with Daniel Bryan. Bryan did have the better performance of the two but Reigns had a really good attitude throughout the match and all round had  good night.


4) Sasha Banks
Up next is Sasha Banks. This has been an amazing amazing week for Sasha Banks. I have been saying from the very beginning that I'm a huge fan of Sasha Banks and I have been saying that I feel she is one of the most talented divas the WWE have right now and have had for years. Over the past thew months she has been proving me right time and time again. This week she went above and beyond that at NXT Takeover Rival. The live show saw Charlotte defend he NXT Women's championship in a fatal four way against Banks, Bayley, and Becky Lynch. This was an outstanding match and I wrote much much more about it in my NXT Takeover Review and Reactions post and I will make sure to leave a link to that bellow so you can go and check that out if you haven't already done so. However, I can honestly say right now, that this was one of the best women's professional wrestling matches I have ever seen and I will go as far as to say this was the best divas match the WWE have ever produced. Sasha's performance on the night was amazing. Anyone who has watched the show/match will know just how amazing she did. Using Becky Lynch to get closer to capturing the title, Banks made the match all about her and she told a story so well. In the end she managed to pin the champ, Charlotte, to become the new NXT Women's champion and I could honestly not be more happy for her. She's such a worthy champion and the signs of respect after the match between the two was a really nice touch.


3) Kevin Owens
In at number three is the one and only, Kevin Owens. There was no way in hell was I not going to put Owens in this weeks top five. He's performance at Takeover was just outstanding and he is more and deserving of being one of the top stars of the week. As I'm sure most of you have already seen or know, this past Wednesday Sami Zayn defended he's NXT championship against Kevin Owens at NXT Takeover Rival. This match was just amazing. It was everything I expected and more. Once again, I spoke more about the actual match in my Takeover Review and Reactions post and the link to that will be bellow.  He's performance at takeover was amazing. There's honestly not much more to say. He dominated most of the match and a the match itself did remind me a lot of the Brock Lesnar/ John Cena Summer Slam championship match in the sense that Zayn got next to no offence. Throughout the match Owens told a story and it was effect believable story and it made he's win much more meaningful and he honestly did deserve to become the new NXT Champion, not only for having the most dominate victory in NXT history but because of he's fourteen year journey.


2) Daniel Bryan
Coming in at number two is last weeks superstar of the week, Daniel Bryan. This has been yet another great week for Bryan. He dominated last week, when he was announced as the man who will go on to face Roman Reigns at Fastlane for a chance to take on Brock Lesnar for the WWE World Heavyweight championship at Wrestlemania, when he defeated Seth Rollins on RAW. In that week he also scored a big victory on Smackdown in a handicap match. This week, he helped kick off RAW in a segment with Roman Reigns and was then forced to team up with him to take on The big show and Kane in a tag team match. To be fair even though I wasn't excited for this match at all it was a decent tag team match and Bryan Dominated most of it. Later on in the show teamed up with Reigns once again to compete in yet another handicap match and he for a second time in the night, was the main man in the match up for he's team, taking the most beating. On Smackdown their was a tag team turmoil witch of course saw Bryan forced to tag team with he's future opponent, Roman Reigns. Bryan was in control throughout the whole turmoil, picking up the most wins for him and Reigns and he had the most dominate and impressive performance of the night making this weeks second superstar of the week.


1) Finn Balor 
Finally, this weeks superstar of the week is NXT star and the new number one contender for the NXT championship, Finn Balor. The past month or so has been beyond amazing for Finn. To be honest
since the moment he arrived in NXT he has been dominating the roster and has been centre of attention. I will leave the links bellow to where I have spoke more about him and what he has been doing so you can go and check that out. But this week has been just outstanding for Balor. At NXT Takeover he was apart of the match of the night in my opinion was the star of the night. He's one on one match up with Adrian Neville was one of the best matches I have see from a WWE product in years.He amazing win against Neville does mean he is now the number one contender for the NXT Championship and towards the build up it does look like the WWE have a lot in store for him. I will be talking a lot more about the potential future of Balor in the up coming weeks.

Comments

Popular Posts