Top 5 Superstars of the week

Hello everyone and welcome back to Talk Wrestling World, I hope you are all well. So, it's Saturday and time for my top five superstars of the week. We are two weeks away from the first ever Fastlane pay per view and my predictions will start going up the week starting the sixteenth and as you already know my NXT Takeover Rival predictions have already started to go up and I will link the ones already posted down bellow. One last little reminder, Wrestlemania season has officially started on my blog with the first in my Wrestlemania flashback posts up, the link to that will also be bellow at the end of the post. This weeks top five is made up from the WWE and NXT superstars as of next week I will be adding TNA stars to the weekly post. All the links to any recent posts will be listed bellow and finally, you can let me know who your superstar of the week is by leaving a comment bellow or by tweeting me at @TezangiVictoria.

5) Bray Wyatt
Kicking off this week's top five is Bray Wyatt. I will admit I wasn't sure at first whether or not to have Bray at number four or number five but I decided on five in the end just because I thought number four deserved their place a little more. Over the past thew weeks we have seen Bray Wyatt deliver what are amazing promos about a certain someone who remains anonymous. Now these promos have been amazing, just like any other Wyatt promo. Sure none of it makes much sense at the moment but it's all so captivating and gripping and after listening to every single word he has been saying you can't help but be pretty damn excited for what is to come. There are a lot of people who do believe that the promos are about the Undertaker, and there has been a bunch of rumours that the two will collide at Wrestlemania this year. After listening to he's promo on Monday I have to admit myself, I'm starting to believe that the rumours are true and to be honest I'm getting a little too excited at the potential prospect of these two going head to head. He also cut another similar promo on Smackdown this past Thursday. Back to this past week on RAW and Bray Wyatt went one on one with a returning Dolph Ziggler. I think we can all agree that this was one of if not the match of the night. These guys are two extremely talented superstars and together they put on an outstanding match up. They both keep on proving to be two of the best stars in the WWE right now and after this match no one can doubt that. After scoring the win, Bray Wyatt proves he has earned he's place in this week's top five.


4) Hideo Itami
In at number four this week is NXT star, Hideo Itami. I don't think I have actually spoke much about Hideo on my blog or on twitter to be honest, but I know I have mentioned how much of a fan I am of he's and I have spoke about how talented he is and how much I don't want the WWE to ruin him when he goes up to the main roster. I do think that they have been paying more attention to Finn Balor. He seems to be the centre of attention at the moment and it's clear the WWE are extremely extremely high on him and have big big plans for him. But even though I have been loving watching Balor and he has been dominating the roster I have to say it's Hideo who I have been impressed with a little more. With the attention on Balor so much it's hard to look at who else is doing amazingly well, but Hideo has really stood out. A couple of weeks back he had an amazing amazing one on one match up with Tyler Breeze, now we all know how talented Breeze is and he really did have an amazing performance but Itami was on fire that night and for anyone who hasn't seen he's work before and are only seeing him in action now he's in the WWE have bee beyond amazed. Defeating Breeze meant that this week Itami took on top star, Finn Balor, in what was yet another outstanding match. Before the two could even throw a fist they got a "This is awesome" chant. Now, Hideo may not have won he's match this week but he's solid, amazing performance was enough to put him at number four this week.


3) Baron Corbin 
Up next and coming in at number three is rising NXT star Baron Corbin. Now, I have written quite about about Corbin over the past year or so on my blog and on twitter, and this past month he really has been proving he is worth the hype. Since officially debuting for NXT, Corbin has just been getting better and better each time we see him on our screen. It's been mentioned several times since he's arrival that he does have a strong presences about him, you know when he's in the room and all your attention is on him. The way he stalks he's opponent on the way to the ring, he's very intimidating but at the same time really gripping. He unique look and style is something that is going to really make him stand out even more, especially when he eventually goes up to the main roster. Now, over the past thew months the company have been building Corbin up and have recently had him in feud with Bull Dempsey. So far he has picked up two very impressive victories over the powerhouse and we now know the two will collide next Wednesday at NXT Takeover Rival (the prediction post for that will be up later today). This past Thursday however is the main reason why Corbin is in my top five; as we saw him take on the longest reining NXT Champion in history, Adrian Neville in the semi finals of the number one contenders tournament for the NXT championship.  I will link bellow my NXT Review and Reactions post but I mentioned in that post how amazingly impressed I was with Barons performance on the night. Prior to this match, we have only seen Baron in extremely short matches, witch has been working for him but really did need to see him take it up a notch and prove he can do much more and he really did do that this week. No, it wasn't super neat and there was some little slip ups but Corbin really did hold he's own and the fact he was in there with someone smaller, faster and more experienced I honestly think he had a great performance and he really did prove he is one to pay serious attention to in the near future. This was by far he's best match to date and I predict a really strong next month for him.


2)Seth Rollins 
I know, I know, I know, you are all beyond bored of reading about Seth Rollin on blog. I think every week he is either number two or number in my top five and it must be beyond annoying, but he really does deserve he's spot at the top, and once again this week he more than deserves to be at number two. I want to keep this as short as I can so I'm not rambling on about Rollins again (witch is exactly what I said last week). So, on RAW this week, Rollins helped open the show, when he was in a spat with Daniel Bryan and Roman Reigns where they all believed they were the rightful man to take on Brock Lesnar at Wrestlemania for the WWE World Heavyweight Championship. It was then announced by the Authority that later on in the night Rollins and Bryan would go one on one as part of the main event with the winner going on to face Roman Reigns at the Fastlane pay per view with the then winner taking on Lesnar at Wrestlemania. Now, the Bryan/Rollins match was just amazing, Rollins just keep on getting better and better and better and he's matches just keep getting stronger and he keeps proving to be both the now and the future of the WWE. On Smackdown this past Thursday he teamed with J&J Security to face Daniel Bryan in a handicap match. He may not have scored either win this week but he's performance was strong and he remained right at the top of the roster, placing him at this weeks number two.


1) Daniel Bryan
Finally, at number one this week is leader of the yes movement, Daniel Bryan. This has been an
amazing week for Bryan. Since retuning to action earlier this year, Bryan has been on a role but in my opinion this has been he's strongest week. As I just mentioned on RAW, this past week he opened the show with the Authority, Roman Reigns and Seth Rollins in one big segment where all three superstars declared themselves as the rightful man to face Brock Lesnar at Wrestlemania for the WWE World Heavyweight championship. As the nights main event, Bryan was set to take on Seth Rollins with the winner going on to face Roman Reigns at Fastlane. This match as I mentioned already, was just amazing. Tow extremely talented wrestlers going at and putting on an outstanding performance. On Smackdown this past Thursday, Bryan helped open the show with Roman Reigns,where the two where suppose to be guest for Miz TV. However, when things didn't go to plan, it was announced by Seth Rollins that Bryan would compete in the nights main event in a handicap match between J&J Security and Rollins himself. As I already said, another great match and with Bryan scoring he's second big win of the week, he becomes this week's superstar of the week.


NXT Review and reactions
RAW Review and reactions

Comments

Popular Posts