Top 20 Matches Of The Month - January pt2

Hello everyone and welcome back to Talk Wrestling World, I hope you are all well. As you already know by now, there are some changes happening this year on my blog and that includes new posts. One of the new posts is today's, as I give you my top twenty matches of the January. From now on every four weeks I will be uploading my top twenty matches of the month posts and they will go up on the last Saturday of the month, there may be slight changes as the year progresses on the actual upload day but they will be a regular thing. I will be talking about both the WWE and TNA remember the TNA dates will be for the UK time the show airs.  This week there is actually a bonus match added to the list because there simply was more matches than I thought were gonna really good and worth going on the list. The list will feature matches from the WWE main roster, NXT, Superstars, main event,Smackdown and TNA and knockouts and diva matches are included. All the matches on the list are my own opinions have not been influenced by any of my readers or followers. That being said I would love to know what have been your top matches of January, so leave a comment bellow or tweet me at @TezangiVictoria. Finally, I will leave the links bellow to any recent posts so you can stay all up to date.

10) John Cena VS Seth Rollins (RAW 12/1)
Content from RAW Review and Reactions- The first match of the night saw Seth Rollins and John Cena go one on one (once again) this time in a lumberjack match. I mentioned last night and many other times that the reality of it is is that Cena and Rollins put on amazing amazing match ups, they always have done, from way before Rollins went solo and turnt heel, but I don't want to see them go at it week after week after week. The match last night was another good one between the two, proving my point and the little trick of all the
lumberjacks being heel really did give the match a little edge. but I have to admit I'm not a huge fan of lumberjack matches, I think my favourite one of all time as to be the Seth Rollins/ Dean Ambrose one that took place last year at the Summer Slam pay per view. Last night's lumberjacks included the new intercontinental champion Bad News Barrett, Tyson Kidd, Cesaro, Kane, the big Show and of course J&J security. Once you saw who the lumberjacks were the match did become very predictable but it was a still a good match in my eyes. After a pretty tough fight Rollins was able to score the win
thanks to the help of the big show and the other lumberjacks. So it looks like we're gonna have to wait a little longer before we see Ziggler, Rowan and Ryback back in action

9) Daniel Bryan, Dean Ambrose & Roman Reigns VS The Big Show, Kane, Seth Rollins ( Smackdown 15/1)
Content from Smackdown Review and Reactions-Main event time now and as announced earlier on in the night Daniel Bryan would team up with Dean Ambrose and Roman Reigns to take on Seth Rollins, the big show and Kane. Great main event. I really really liked this match. Finally they gave us a main event on Smackdown that was worth watching. Stand outs of the match were Ambrose, Show and Bryan for me. In my opinion they just stole the show. Ambrose was in the ring the most and he's performance was really strong. Rollins, Reigns and Kane also had a good night and solid performance during the match, but of course it was the team of Daniel Bryan who got the win and gained some momentum heading into the Royal Rumble pay per view in two weeks time.

8) Austin Aries VS Low Ki (TNA 11/1)
In at number eight is the first TNA match in my top ten matches of January, the X Division championship match between Low Ki and Austin Aries. I could honestly watch these two wrestle all day long, none stop. They are two of the best wrestlers around at the moment and have been for years. Their so unpredictable that you can't take your eyes off the television for a single second because you never know what your gonna miss and what they are going to do next and that's what I want in match. On this night, Low Ki was set to defend the championship against Aries and as soon as the match was announced was I was pretty damn excited to say the least because I knew we was in for an amazing match, and they simply did not disappoint what so ever. In my opinion the match could of been longer but I will always say that about a match between these two, the ending was perfect and a new champ was crowned in Austin Aries.

7) Paige VS Nikki Bella (Main Event 6/1)
Content from Main event review and reactions- The first match of the night was a none title match against Paige and current divas champion Nikki Bella, with Natalya and Brie Bella at ringside. Going into this match I was not expecting a lot what so ever. I think we were all expecting the usual five minuet rubbish that we always get from a divas match but this was amazing! They had a solid twelve minuet match up witch allowed them both to really show what they can do in the ring and most importantly Nikki was able to show why she deserves to be the divas champion.The crowd were actually strong, they showed actual interest in the match and everyone online gave the girls a good amount of support. This was by far the best divas main roster match in ages and when I say ages I mean AGES. Nikki dominated most of the match and showed really good strength. There were a thew times it was a bit awkward and a thew moves didn't quite work as well as they would of wanted too but all round this was a solid match and they proved that its all about the amount of time they get in the ring. The girls get so much heat for their in ring ability when they clearly proved last night that if you book the divas right they can put on a great match. Paige ended up picking up the win. This now means both Natalya and Paige have a clean win over the divas champion and both deserve and are entitled to a title shot. It's likely there will be a triple threat for the championship at the royal rumble pay per view in a thew weeks time or even a fatal four way if they really wanted to shake things up by adding Brie to the mix. The past couple of weeks the divas have got much more time in the ring on main event with Sasha Banks VS Charlotte then last night Paige VS Nikki and hopefully this is a sign of better things to come for the divas division as Nikki tweeted out after her match last night.  Even though they are only getting the time on main event hopefully later on in the year they will be able to have matches like this on RAW and even on pay per view.

6) Austin Aries VS Low Ki (18/1)
Yes, in at number six is another Austin Aries Low Ki match. This time it is Low Ki's re-match for the X-division championship. Now, both of their matches were amazing but in my opinion this one was just a little little bit better. You may disagree. Once again, these two gave us everything you would want in any kind of match and they left me wanting more and more. I honestly could of watched them go at it for the whole two hours. 

5) The Hardys VS The Wolves (18/1)
The TNA tag division is hot hot right now and has been for months and months. In at number five is another tag team match, this time against two of my current fave tag teams, The Hardy's and the Wolves. Now, I have been a fan of Jeff and Matt for as long as I can remember. These guys are simply my childhood and every time they step in the ring I'm taken back to all those amazing times I used to watch them when I was younger. What I seem to find so amazing about these guys is they just seem to be getting better and better each time they are in the ring and once again I could watch them compete all night long against the Wolves. The Wolves are easily my fave tag team around right now. They tick every single box, they just have it all. These two teams have given us some of the best tag team matches in years and this one was easily one to add to the books. 

4) Hideo Itami VS Tyler Breeze (NXT
In at number four is an NXT match between Hideo Itami and Tyler Breeze. This past year Breeze has proven he is worth the hype. He has proven to be a top star in NXT and a main event superstar. He just keeps getting better and better each time he's in the ring. He simply has it all, he's young, he looks good, he has a seriously diverse move set, mic skills and all round star quality. As for Hideo, he;s just extremely, extremely talented man and I honest cannot wait to see what the WWE have in store for him. Together, these guys put on what is surely set to be one of the best matches of the year, Bold statement to make considering it's only January but that was how much I loved it. Breeze just shocked me once again an proved once and for all he is one of the best stars the WWE have right now and too keep an eye out for him in the future.  

3) Tyson Kidd VS Finn Balor ( NXT 14/1)
Content from NXT Review and reactions- The first match of the night saw Tyson Kidd take on crowd favourite Finn Balor. This was easily one of the best matches of the night and there was no other match that could of kick started the night better than this. What I love about both these superstars is how similar they are and how much they can and do bring to the ring, I could literally watch these two wrestle for hours on end and even though it won't ever happen I would love to see these guys main event a huge pay per view against each other because they could easily steal the show, just like they did last night. We hadn't before last night seen that much from Finn, we've seen a fair amount but not enough in my opinion but last night we really got to see that much more and I already think it's going to be one of the best matches of the year, that's how much I loved it. I was also surprised with how much time they got in the ring last night. Because NXT is a only a one hour show we don't get many matches and there not really that long but the length of this match was perfect (even though I would of loved to have seen much much more) they had enough time to show what they can do and proved that you don't need thirty minuets in the ring to put on an amazing match and steal the show. Of course it was Finn who scored the win over Kidd but for some reason I don't think this is the end of Tyson Kidd and Finn Balor.

2) Sami Zayn VS Adrian Neville ( NXT 14/1)
Content from NXT Review and Reactions- Finally, it was main event time and Sami Zayn was set to have he's first title defence since winning the NXT championship at Takeover R Evolution as he took on the man he won the title from in the first place, Adrian Neville. What can I say? Amazing. I feel like I sound like a broken record butthese two freaking owned it! The simple fact is you could watch them wrestle each other for hours and hours on end because they just keeping raising the bar. No match of theirs has been weak, or boring, they always show us things we have never ever been seen done before and still leave us completely speechless. It was another back and fourth match that left me wanting more and on edge. There's that level of unpredictability whenever these guys go one on one or are in the same ring as each other full stop that you just don't get with two other superstars.  Zayn was able to maintain the championship but after the match was once again attacked by Owen's. I honestly cannot wait for these two to go one on one inside the NXT ring.

1) Seth Rollins VS John Cena VS Brock Lesnar (Royal Rumble)
Finally, at number one, and officially my match of the month is of course the triple threat match between Seth Rollins, John Cena and Brock Lesnar for the WWE World Heavyweight championship that took place at the Royal Rumble pay per view. Coming up with a number one spot for January's match of the month was not difficult at all. This match blew every single other match out of the water. This will one hundred per cent be in the list for the best matches of twenty fifteen with out a doubt. It's another bold statement to make but I honestly think this was one of the best triple threat matches I have ever seen and for someone who is not a fan of triple threat matches I really did love this match. It had everything you could possibly ask for in a match up. It was one of those matches that left you wanting more and made you realise why exactly you are a pro wrestling fan. Here is what I wrote about the match in my Royal Rumble Review and Reactions 
It was then time for the WWE World Heavyweight championship match as Brock Lesnar was set to defend the title against John Cena and Mr Money in the bank Seth Rollins. Now this was a title match. These guys put on one of the best triple threat matches I have ever seen and trust me I'm not a triple threat match fan at all so that's a pretty big deal. They all had a solid performance but it was Cena who fell flat simply because Seth and Brock took it to all new heights and really did change the feel of the match. For me it was Rollins who stole the show. I predicted way before the match started that Rollins was gonna be the man of the match but I never ever predicted he would have such an amazing performance. He did stuff in the ring last night I haven't seen anyone do in years and he proved he really is the future of the WWE. As for Lesnar he has an equally amazing performance. He just did stuff last night I don't think I have ever seen anyone do. We all knew Lesnar was super human but he took things to a whole new level last night and left me speechless, that's right he left ME speechless. The match had me on the edge of my seat the whole way through and was I loved the most was how unpredictable it was.  You genuinely had no idea who was gonna win, how and who they would pin. This is what the fans want in a championship match and the ending was perfect with Lesnar rightfully retaining.


Top 20 matches of the month part 1
Top 5 superstars of the week

Comments

Popular Posts