Smackdown Review and Reactions

Hello everyone and welcome back to Talk Wrestling World, I hope you are all well. So, it's Friday witch of course means it's time for my Smackdown Review and Reactions. With the first ever Fastlane pay per view just under one week away the show focused around the building up the pay per view card and giving some of the superstars and divas some added momentum. A quick reminder that my Fastlane prediction posts will start going up on Monday so keep an eye out for the link on twitter to the first post. As you will already know by now, Wrestlemania has now started on my blog also and the latest post in the series will be linked bellow so you can check that out and stay up to date with everything. I will also leave the link to my NXT Takeover Rival Review and reactions post that went up yesterday. Also, in two weeks time I will be uploading my top twenty matches of the month and top fifteen superstars of the month. You can let me know what you thought of last nights actions, what you would like to see in Wrestlemania season and what your match of the month has been so far by leaving a comment bellow in the comments section or by tweeting me at @TezangiVictoria.


The show kicked off with Kane and the Big show announcing backstage to all the tag teams that there will be a tag team turmoil tonight, with all the teams taking on Daniel Bryan and Roman Reigns (that was clear before anything was even announced). Of course this was just another move by the Authority to add some extra heat between Reigns and Bryan as they were forced to work together once again. In my opinion I didn't like the idea. I felt it was all a little too predicable for my liking and the fact that I was still thinking about NXT Takeover, my expectations for this show were really low. While I understand why the WWE are making Bryan and Reigns team together I don't think it's doing much. The best part about it is that Reigns get's to come across more like a heel but after what happened on RAW between the two, there didn't seem to be a point in having them team up again.


R-truth VS Bray Wyatt
The first match of the night saw R-truth take on Bray Wyatt. It was clear this match was just going to be a nice little short one to put over Bray Wyatt and give him some extra momentum. We all know that the WWE are currently trying to build something up for Wyatt going into Wrestlemania with he's cryptic messages to an anonymous person airing weekly for the past month or so. For the past couple of weeks we have seen the WWE focus on Bray more in the match and having him pick up some amazing wins, two being from Dolph Ziggler on RAW. I have written about these matches in full detail in my RAW Review and Reaction post witch I will also leave the link to bellow so you can check that out. Now, I will be honest, I was not expecting much from this match at all, I don't think anyone was, but to be fair this was actually a decent match. Sure it was far from match of the year but I honestly thought it was a decent start to the show and it was much longer than I thought it was going to be. I initially thought that Truth would get next to no offence but he did get a quite a bit. Of course it was Bray who walked out with the win but I did like this match and I thought I'm really liking Bray's new attitude.


Paige VS Summer Rae
Up next, we had some divas action as the number one contender for the divas championship, Paige took on Summer Rae. I've spoken a lot about Summer Rae over the past year on my blog and how I feel about her, but in case you didn't know, I'm a huge fan of hers. I think she has so much potential and she is the perfect example of someone who wants to succeed and improve. She has taken advantage of everything the WWE has to offer, whether it be NXT, a move or Total Divas, she has grabbed it with both hands and made her name known in the business. Personally, I think she is best working as a baby face. A thew weeks back they did actually have her compete as a baby face on an episode of Superstars or Main event when she took on Cameron, and she did a really good job, then for some reason she was back working as a heel. Yes, she works great as the bad guy but I really do believe she can be even better as a baby face. I was really surprised that I kinda enjoyed this match. When you compare it to the NXT Takeover divas match then there's no competition what so ever, but for a Smackdown divas match, this wasn't bad at all.They got about five solid minuets in the ring, witch aint a lot at all but they managed to fit quite a bit in it and it was nice to see some more of the Paige we saw down when she was in NXT. The worse part about the match was the god awful commentary from the Bella's. Paige scored the obvious win but it was a decent performance from Summer.


Fandango VS Adam Rose
Adam Rose then took on Fandango in what was a rather strange match up. Adam Rose is still working as this delusional, happy not so happy, jackal and Hyde character witch by the way he plays really really well. I honestly think he is much much better than what we are seeing at the moment as an in ring wrestler, anyone who has seen he's work from FCW and NXT will know exactly what  I mean but I do think that the change in character is best for him, he plays a heel much better and comes across better and more entertaining. As for Fandango he appeared to be working as a baby face last night witch I hope sticks because to be honest I do think he needs a face run and will really shine in the process but I also think they need to ditch he's connection with Rosa in order for it to work. Fandango walked away with the win last night.


 Tag Team Turmoil 
The first match of the tag team turmoil was of course, Roman Reigns and Daniel Bryan VS The Miz and Damien Sandow. This was a nice short and simple match witch saw Bryan do most of the action and score the win also. Up next, was the Usos turn to take on Bryan and Reigns. Bryan did start this match but after he struggled to start it strong and the looks he was getting from Reigns he decided to make the tag. Now, this is kinda like my idea of hell. The Usos and Reigns in the ring at the same time. So, I have to admit I did loose a little bit of interest. It seemed as if Roman had underestimated Jimmy and Jey and after things weren't going he's way he made the tag to Bryan. I honestly loved Reigns attitude in this match. I've said it enough over the past week but he does work better as a heel and the tensions between Bryan and Reigns were strong and pretty entertaining to watch.Reigns really did do a good job coming across like he was genuinely annoyed and he's facial expressions were much more convincing. This match was much longer than the first one and had a really good flow and feel to it. It was a great tag team match and really did feel like there was a lot of tension throughout Bryan did a great job in this match and was the main reason I kept my eyes on my screen. In the end it was Bryan who once again got the win for him and Reigns when he got one of the Usos to tap out. Up next, was Los Matadores' turn. This one wasn't as strong as the last match but it did have some great spots, Once again it was Bryan dominating most of the match and he got yet another
tap out. We then saw the return of Heath Slater and Titus O'Neil, as they tried to knock off Reigns and Bryan. This time it was Reigns who kick started the match. This one was much shorter and saw Roman get the win for he's team. The Ascension were up next. Konnor and Viktor has a solid performance and were probably the most dominate out of all the teams as they took a lot of the action out side of the ring. I think it was important they had a solid performance and really stand out from the rest of the teams and the fact they had them get DQ'd was honestly the best move. It made them look strong and dominate and a loss wouldn't of been a good idea at all, considering their half way through their big build up and slowly moving them into the tag team championship picture. Finally, it was time for the last team, witch of course was The big show and Kane. This match lasted much longer, obviously and was your typical main roster tag team match. We saw some tension between Show and Kane witch saw Kane get KO'd by Show. ( I don't know if I'm the only one that finds the relationship between Kane and Show extremely entertaining and funny) but in the end it was of course Daniel Bryan and Roman Reigns who got the win by working together towards the end, making it the Authority who struggled to get a long and not Reigns and Bryan.

NXT Takeover Rival Review & Reactions
RAW Review and Reactions

Comments

Popular Posts