Smackdown Review and Reactions

Hello everyone and welcome back to Talk Wrestling World, I hope you are all well. It's Friday witch of course means it's time for my Smackdown Review and Reactions. I have to admit I am still trying to get used to Smackdowns move back to Thursday nights. I still find myself forgetting that I need to watch it on a Friday morning so I can write the review in time, because in the UK we still get it on a Friday night. It's a lot to take in. Anyway, as you all know, it's also Wrestlemania season on my blog and I have already started uploading my Wrestlemania flashback posts, the links to all the Wrestlemania seasons posts so far will be listed bellow at the end. My NXT Takeover predictions will also start tomorrow so keep an eye out for those also. All the links to any recent posts including this weeks RAW and NXT review and reactions will be bellow so you can check them all out and stay up to date on everything. Finally, you can let me know what you thought of last nights show and what you would like to Wrestlemania season by leaving a comment bellow or by tweeting me at @TezangiVictoria.


Miz TV Doesn't go quite as planned
The opening to this weeks episode of Smackdown was originally scheduled for the Miz to host Miz TV with special guest Daniel Bryan and the two thousand and fifteen Royal Rumble winner, Roman Reigns, and it did look to be going that way but for some reason Roman Reigns thought it would be a good idea to hit the Miz with a superman punch before anything could even get started. So instead we had a little segment between Roman Reigns and Daniel Bryan, minus Miz. I'm gonna be honest, Reigns really is honestly showing some big improvements with he's mic work. He may not be on level of someone like Bray Wyatt, but if we look at where he was this time last year to where he is now when it comes to mic skills, he's come a long way and it's been the past two weeks we have seen the most improvements. I think he's really starting to understand who Roman Reigns the character is and how he wants Roman Reigns to speak, walk, wrestle, move, and act and that's really starting to show. I already mentioned this week how I think less is more with him. He's mic work has of recent has also been rather heel like, and I tweeted out last night that I felt he was better off working as a heel for now, I have a whole post on that and it will be up soon so keep an eye out for that. During the segment, Reigns made he's feelings perfectly clear and declared that instead of waiting for Fastlane he and Bryan should have it out right then and there and as chairs started to fly out the ring, Mr Money in the bank would make an appearance to bring a touch of reality to the evening, announcing that Daniel Bryan would compete later on in the night against J&J Security and Seth Rollins himself.


Dolph Ziggler and Ryback VS Gold & Stardust
The first match of the night saw some tag team action as Dolph Ziggler and Ryback teamed up to take on Gold and Stardust. I'm not quite sure where the WWE are going with this whole Ryback, Ziggler and Rowan sticking together. I think they all deserve to be in something solid for Wrestlemania. Both Rowan and Ryback would be great candidates to win the two thousand and fifteen Andre the giant battle royal, while Ziggler who has been proving himself all year round that he deserves to be right at the top should be in something strong heading into the biggest pay per view of the year. Anyway, the two teamed up last night witch to be honest I wasn't a fan of but of course they worked really well together. The problem I had with this match was that there was no feel to it, it just felt like a little filler and the main purpose was to build up the heat between Stardust and
Goldust and it did nothing for both Ryback and Ziggler. The match was short and sweet and did what it was suppose to do. The tensions were strong between Goldust and Stardust, with Goldie calling Stardust Cody on several occasions I mentioned on twitter this past Monday that I feel like Goldust is slowly but surely entering he's retirement witch does make me really sad considering he has been a favourite of mine pretty much all my life.With Stardust ditching Gold it left a two on one situation and it was Ziggler and Ryback who scored the win.


Dean Ambrose VS Curtis Axel 
Up next Dean Ambrose went one on one with a still bitter and angry Curtis Axel who decided to try and create some kind of movement to get prove he is the real Royal Rumble winner and should be facing Brock Lesnar at Wrestlemania thirty one. I have a big big problem with the treatment of Dean Ambrose at the moment and I'm really worried to be honest. He's somehow made he's way to the mid card section the roster and that really does bother me. The main reason for all this is s simply because the main event picture is too big at the moment. We no have Roman Reigns, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, John Cena and of course Randy Orton when he returns, there's almost no space for Ambrose and because of that he's fallen back a little and so has Bray Wyatt. But Ambrose (and Bray Wyatt) is just too good for the mid card section of the roster and because of he's popularity amongst  the WWE universe it means the WWE cannot afford to fail him at all and as soon as there's a space for him he will be back at the top. So I hope anyway.At the moment he's working he's way into a feud with Bad News Barrett. He's match last night was fairly good to be honest. Axel, in he's defence, is a really good wrestler just lacks a little in the performance area of things and the WWE seem to have always struggled to set him in the right direction causing him to have next to no connection with the fans. Ambrose win last night gives him some extra momentum leading to the Fastlane pay per view.


Adam Rose VS Fandango
Adam Rose then took on Fandango in what was a rather strange match up. Adam Rose is still working as this delusional, happy not so happy, jackal and Hyde character witch by the way he plays really really well. I honestly think he is much much better than what we are seeing at the moment as an in ring wrestler, anyone who has seen he's work from FCW and NXT will know exactly what  I mean but I do think that the change in character is best for him, he plays a heel much better and comes across better and more entertaining. As for Fandango he appeared to be working as a baby face last night witch I hope sticks because to be honest I do think he needs a face run and will really shine in the process but I also think they need to ditch he's connection with Rosa in order for it to work. Fandango walked away with the win last night.


The Miz VS Roman Reigns
Up next, following the actions that took place at the start of the show the Miz had the chance to get some retribution as he went one on one with Roman Reigns. I really didn't like this booking. To be honest I haven't been a fan of Reigns booking since he returned to action late last year. The WWE want him to be the next big star and in a months time he will be taking on Brock Lesnar at the biggest show of the year for the WWE World Heavyweight championship, they need to be focusing on building him up the best way possible and wins over the likes of the Miz and Big show are doing nothing for him at the moment. The match itself was decent, to be fair I wasn't paying much attention but it was a very planned match. It did feel very predictable despite the match being split, Roman Reigns of course walked away with the win.


Erick Rowan VS Rusev
Rusev then took on Erick Rowan after the match did't go ahead this past week on RAW. You all know how much of a fan I am of Erick Rowan. I think he's a great talent with so much potential, but booking is key with him and the WWE just don't seem to be getting it right at the moment. I do honestly hope there is something big around the corner for him, whether that be a feud with someone like Luke Harper or a win at Wrestlemania in the Andre the giant battle royal witch I think would be the best for him. Rowan dominated very earlier on in the match and had some great spots but it was Rusev walking way with a submission win.


Paige VS Alicia Fox
Divas action next as number one contender for the divas championship, Paige, took on Alicia fox. There's not much I can really say here. It was actually a pretty good match, a little longer than we usually get but with the NXT divas setting the bar so high it's hard to look pass what their doing. But Paige and Alicia have great chemistry and had a great match last night witch saw Paige pick up another win allowing her to gain some momentum.

Daniel Bryan VS J&J Security and Seth Rollins
Finally, it was time for the main event witch saw Daniel Bryan compete in a handicap match against Seth Rollins and J&J security. I'll be honest and say I wasn't really expecting much from this match, but it was actually really good in my opinion and I really liked it. We strangely saw quite a lot of Nobel and Joey witch I wasn't expecting to be fair. Rollins once again had a great performance as did
Bryan and of course it was Bryan who scored the win. However, on he's way back backstage Kane decided to make an appearance and attack Bryan behind he's back and drag him down to the ring for a further beat down. I'm really hoping that the WWE don't have Kane and Bryan go at it in another feud. I honestly couldn't sit through another match between them. There are so many other directions they can go down with Bryan but still have him feuding the Authority at the same time. But altogether a really good main event and I really did like it.

But what did YOU think? Leave a comment bellow, letting me know.

Comments

Popular Posts