NXT Review and Reaction

Hello everyone and welcome back to Talk Wrestling World, I hope you are all well. So, it's Thursday witch mean's it's of course time for my NXT Review and Reaction. I think it's been about two weeks since this post has gone up, I might be wrong. I know I didn't upload it last week because I had family round and it was prediction week so I'm sorry about that. Just to let you know that when it is pay per view prediction week, there will probably be changes tot he regular, weekly, uploads, so that's just something to keep in mind. I thought last night's show was really good as usual. We got some great story development and all the matches kept me entertained. For me, there were two stand out matches, the first being the Bayley VS Becky Lynch match and the second being the main event of the night, witch saw number one contender for Kevin Owens NXT Championship take on a returning Brian Kendrick. Today is of course about giving you my full review and reactions on the whole show. Remember, Wrestlemania season has started on my blog and the link to the recent post in the series will be bellow. You can let me know what you would like to see in the series and what you thought of last night show by leaving a comment bellow or by tweeting me at @TezangiVictoria.


The first match of the night saw Hideo Itami go one on one with Bull Dempsey. I will be honest, I wasn't sure about this match. The booking was odd but my main problem was with Bull. After suffering three straight losses against Baron Corbin during their feud, what he needed was to bounce back off of something and most importantly, he needed a win. We all knew there was no way Dempsey was going to walk away with a clean victory over Hideo, and so that was a problem for me. I think a simple squash match would of been enough for Bull to gain some momentum. However, this was he's biggest match to date and to be honest, quite clearly, he's best match to date. It wasn't how I thought it was going to be. It was a very split match and I was actually expecting it to be pretty much all Itami but that wasn't the case what so ever. Bull got some great offence and had he's best performance inside an NXT ring so far. He may not have one but he looked great throughout and did a great job. What the future holds for him, I don't know, but I do hope their not giving up on him. Hideo on the other hand, of course had a great performance as usual. The crowd were all for him and after a flying drop kick he was able to get the one, two, three. There was no sign of Tyler Breeze but I do still believe their feud is still active. Correct me if I'm wrong.


Up next was tag team action and former NXT Tag Team Champions, the Lucha  Dragons took on Tye Dillinger and Jason Jordan. I have mentioned many times on my blog and on twitter how much of a fan I am of Jordan and Dillinger and I did really. honestly, think they had huge potential as both singles and mostly as a tag team and I think it's such a shame that the WWE haven't put enough effort into them and pushed them as a tag team. I thought Jordan had a great performance last night in the ring. I think it was Alex Riley who pointed out that he looked bigger last night and he really did and we really saw him use he's strength advantage very early on in the match. Personally, I would of liked to have seen a slightly longer match and more offence from Dillinger and Jordan, especially because they had plans on splitting them up. With Kalisto and Sin Cara now working more on the main roster, it's just about building them up a little more and giving them so momentum as they go up to the bigger stage, especially Kalisto. Kalisto for me was the stand of this match for he's team. After Jordan left he's tag team partner out in the ring alone, the Lucha dragons took advantage and managed to pick up the victory. Of course I'm disappointed that the WWE are splitting up Jordan and Dillinger but what I'm hoping is they have some kind of bigger feud and at the next Takeover event they get a match because at the live show we know for sure they would get a longer and better match I do however, still think that they could of had a great match up against the current NXT Tag team champs, Buddy Murphy and Wesley Blake.


After the match, Tye vented he's anger on the mic and demanded that Jordan came out and faced him however, he was slightly disappointed when instead of Jordan coming down the ramp he got the lone wolf, Baron Corbin. They then of course had about a twenty second minuet match with Corbin hitting the end of days and scoring a win.All these little wins really do work in the favour of Corbin and it does look like the WWE have some big plans for him and are really high on him.


Divas action next, and it was fan favourite Bayley taking on Becky Lynch. Both girls had an outstanding performance at the last NXT Takeover show a couple of weeks back and so the momentum was high. I have commented several times on my blog and on twitter that I feel Becky Lunch is just too much and she's coming across really badly, but what I loved about last night was how much she calmed it down.She was a lot less in your face and because she was calmer she had a great match and possibly had her best singles match to date. Bayley on the other hand, also had an amazing performance last night despite not scoring the win, witch to be honest I was pretty surprised to see. I was really expecting her to get the win. Another thing that surprised me last night was the crowd, they were really split with some going with Bayley and some going with Lynch, and I really thought it was a great thing. With the huge #GiveDivasAChance movement going on right now on twitter this match was the perfect example of what we are looking and asking for. The girls got about ten straight minuets and as a result had an amazing performance. It was nice and back and fourth, high paced, high risk, it was taken out side, up top, we had submissions, complicated moved and as a result the crowd and everyone at home enjoyed it, this is what we are asking for for the main roster divas. I didn't really get why Lynch walked away with the win but it was a great match and she earned the win.


And then it was main event time and a returning Brian Kendrick took on the number one contender
for Kevin Owens' NXT Championship, Finn Balor. Two very different, very unique, very talented superstars had honestly a great match and great main event last night. I will be honest, I was never a major fan of Kendrick but I appreciate him as a wrestler and he does always entertain me and last night was no different. As I said, this was an amazing match and I didn't take my eyes off the screen for a second. A great quality main event and strong performance from both men. Kevin Owens was also at commentary and after walking out mid way through the match because of something Alex Riley said, at the end of the match he came back and took he's anger out on Riley and had a little stare off with Balor to close the show.

Let me know what you thought of the show by leaving a comment bellow or by tweeting me at @TezangiVictoria.

Comments

Popular Posts