Top 20 Matches of the month part 1: February

Hello everyone and welcome back to Talk Wrestling World, I hope you are all well! So we are at the end of yet another month, I know, where does the time go, it honestly feels like I only uploaded my January addition the other day; Witch means it's time for my top twenty matches of the month. I announced at the start of the year that from now on I will be uploading my top twenty matches and top ten superstars of the month at the end of every month Both lists will be judged from the WWE main roster, NXT and TNA. If you would like me to include matches and wrestlers from the independent scene then do let me know in the comments bellow. Just so you know, the matches are not just coming from the RAW and Smackdown main roster shows, it will also include main event and superstars. Just like in last months post, I will put the date of each match next to the match title itself. January's two lists will also be linked bellow so you can check them out if you haven't done so already, and part two of this post will be listed bellow. You can let me know what your match of the month has been by leaving a comment bellow or by tweeting me at @TezangiVictoria.

20) Taryn Terrell VS Gail Kim VS Madison Rayne (TNA 2/2)
Kicking off  this month's top twenty matches of the month is a TNA Knockouts match, and this time it comes from the current Knockouts champion, Taryn Terrell and her title defence against Madison Rayne and Gail Kim on the second of this month. We're all more than aware of just how amazingly talented all three of these women are. Both Gail and Madison have been at the top of their divsion for years and have earned the right to be names two of the greatest female wrestlers in history. Over the past two years or so we have also really seen Taryn really come into her own. Every time she is put on TV she just shows more and more and proves that she is just improving twenty four seven. By the time she finally became the Knockouts champion, it was clear she had more than earned it. This match was just another to add to the list of amazing matches of hers. She stepped in the ring with two women much much more experienced than she is and she dominated a good chunk of it, selling extremely well, executing her moves perfectly and standing out not just for her gold attire and awesome body. Every time I watch her wrestle I just feel I'm more impressed and she inspires me even more. A solid clean win meant that Taryn retained her title and proved once again she was a worthy champion.

19) Havok VS Awesome Kong 
Up next at number nineteen is another TNA Knockouts match, this time it was the turn of two of the most dominate female wrestles around right now and in TNA history. Initially, I was really excite for this match. I have been a fan of Awesome Kong from day one and she has always been a women I have looked up to and admired. She has made history throughout her career and is an amazing role model for women. We then have Havok, just like Kong, I have been a major fan of Havok from the moment I first saw her wrestle and she has been a huge, personal inspiration and I'm so glad she is getting the treatment she deserves in Total Impact. This match was everything I was expecting and more. I had one little issue with it however and that was the length. I would of loved the match to be a little longer but it was a busy night and there were a lot of matches to get through. I thought the two gave it there all and put on an outstanding match. The strength and dominance shown from other girls was amazing and they got a strong reaction from the crowd. Kong proved exactly why she is an all time great and Havok proved to be one of the strongest female talents around right now with huge potential and a strong future ahead of her, despite not getting the victory.

18) Cesaro & Tyson Kidd VS The Usos ( WWE Fastlane)
Content from Fastlane Review and Reactions- We then had the first championship match of the night (one of four to take place) as Jimmy and Jey the Usos defended their tag team championships against newly put together, Cesaro and Tyson Kidd. With Naomi and Natalya at the two teams side, the feel to the match was much stronger and really shacked things up a little. Starting things off were Tyson Kidd and Jey Uso. I found it funny how I realised what Uso was in the ring correctly before Cole did. The Usos very early on dominated the match, with Kidd struggling to find he's way at the start. However, after a slight leg injury, Kidd was able to take control and with Cesaro making the tag, they worked on the injured leg, gaining some momentum. For a while the newly put together team dominated the match working on the damaged leg. When Jey got back into the match, he and Cesaro took centre stage and had a good showing. For me both Cesaro and Tyson Kidd were the stand outs of the match, even when they weren't in control, my eyes were on them and with Cesaro's strength and Kidd's speed and serious technical ability, they proved a huge point last night. I did express throughout the past month how I did feel, however, they were just filling in a spot and keeping the Usos busy while the WWE build up the Ascension so  you can imagine how surprised I was to see them crowned the new champs! I was not expecting this at all but I was beyond happy for them. More than deserved it.

17) Tag Team Turmoil (Smackdown 12/2)
At number seventeen is the tag team turmoil that took place on Smackdown on the twelfth of this month. I've counted this as one match and I'm going to insert what I wrote in  my Smackdown Review and reactions post of this week- The first match of the tag team turmoil was of course, Roman Reigns and Daniel Bryan VS The Miz and Damien Sandow. This was a nice short and simple match witch saw Bryan do most of the action and score the win also. Up next, was the Usos turn to take on Bryan and Reigns. Bryan did start this match but after he struggled to start it strong and the looks he was getting from Reigns he decided to make the tag. Now, this is kinda like my idea of hell. The Usos and Reigns in the ring at the same time. So, I have to admit I did loose a little bit of interest. It seemed as if Roman had underestimated Jimmy and Jey and after things weren't going he's way he made the tag to Bryan. I honestly loved Reigns attitude in this match. I've said it enough over the past week but he does work better as a heel and the tensions between Bryan and Reigns were strong and pretty entertaining to watch.Reigns really did do a good job coming across like he was genuinely annoyed and he's facial expressions were much more convincing. This match was much longer than the first one and had a really good flow and feel to it. It was a great tag team match and really did feel like there was a lot of tension throughout Bryan did a great job in this match and was the main reason I kept my eyes on my screen. In the end it was Bryan who once again got the win for him and Reigns when he got one of the Usos to tap out. Up next, was Los Matadores' turn. This one wasn't as strong as the last match but it did have some great spots, Once again it was Bryan dominating most of the match and he got yet another tap out. We then saw the return of Heath Slater and Titus O'Neil, as they tried to knock off Reigns and Bryan. This time it was Reigns who kick started the match. This one was much shorter and saw Roman get the win for he's team. The Ascension were up next. Konnor and Viktor has a solid performance and were probably the most dominate out of all the teams as they took a lot of the action out side of the ring. I think it was important they had a solid performance and really stand out from the rest of the teams and the fact they had them get DQ'd was honestly the best move. It made them look strong and dominate and a loss wouldn't of been a good idea at all, considering their half way through their big build up and slowly moving them into the tag team championship picture. Finally, it was time for the last team, witch of course was The big show and Kane. This match lasted much longer, obviously and was your typical main roster tag team match. We saw some tension between Show and Kane witch saw Kane get KO'd by Show. ( I don't know if I'm the only one that finds the relationship between Kane and Show extremely entertaining and funny) but in the end it was of course Daniel Bryan and Roman Reigns who got the win by working together towards the end, making it the Authority who struggled to get a long and not Reigns and Bryan.

16)  Cesaro & Tyson Kidd VS The Usos (RAW 23/2)
Up next was the Tag team championship rematch. At Fastlane we saw Cesaro and Tyson Kidd crowned the new Tag team champions in what was a great match up and you all know I was not expecting them to win the match at all.  I have to admit I'm still not completely sold on the idea of Cesaro ad Tyson Kidd being a tag team, I still think they are better off as singles but they are slowly changing my opinion. Cesaro was a strong performer right from the start of the match and throughout but the Usos were just on fire last night. I felt at times Tyson really struggled to stand out and was considered the weakest member of the match but he did have some great moments throughout the match. You will be happy to hear that the Usos are growing on me also. I'm not a major fan, far from it, but I am really enjoying watching them perfume lately. I thought this was a great tag team match witch after a great ending witch resulted in a DQ after Nattie got involved meant that Kidd and Cesaro retained the titles. I loved the addition of Nattie and Naomi and there involvements but it did look as if Nattie did suffer a legit injury. This was one of the top matches of the night for me. It's nice seeing stronger tag team matches on the main roster and with so much energy in the match and so much going on you didn't know where to look but it was an outstanding match and much better than what we usually get on RAW.

15) Abyss VS Jeff Hardy
Number fifteen is a big deal for me as two of my top TNA stars went one on one. I have been a huge fan of Jeff Hardy since I was a kid. He played a huge role in my childhood, I just looked up to him and connected with him more than I did any other Wrestler. I just remember thinking, damn this guy is cool! Everything he did just amazed me and that has never changed. As for Abyss, I've loved him from the moment I first saw him wrestle. He's so captivating and so extreme and just ticks all the boxes. Together they put on a great match and has been on of the top matches I have remembered this month.

14) Bad News Barrett VS Dean Ambrose ( Fastlane) 
Content from Fastlane Review and Reactions- We then had the next championship match, as Bad News Barrett defended he's Intercontinental championship against the lunatic fringe, Dean Ambrose.Now, on the kick off show, there was an amazing promo/video package for this match and really did add more to the match and got me way more excited. Most of you will know by now, these are two of my current fave WWE superstars, so choosing a side was beyond difficult, but the two are so amazingly talented and have so much to off we all knew we were in for a treat. The match had so much character, and I did mention how importance  this match was for Ambrose. After loosing two major feuds (Rollins and Wyatt) it was key Ambrose scored this win and had an epic performance. Now, for years now the IC championship has had no importance or value and that has been a serious problem for me and others and let's be honest, if there is one many in the locker room who is capable of bringing back importance to this championship is was Dean Ambrose. The match was very split throughout with Barrett dominating the match very early on. But out of nowhere, Ambrose was able to turn things around and being to take things at he's speed, gaining some momentum; and trust me when things were on Ambrose's side they were on Ambrose's side. The fans were all for him and you could really see him work from that throughout the match.I also wanna quickly mention how much Barrett looked in great great shape last night and has been for weeks now. I hated how this match ended. Yet another DQ ending match for Ambrose. This is not good what so ever. I don't understand why the WWE keep having him get DQ'd. It's doing nothing for him, in fact, I think it's damaging him more and more. It looks as if they will go at it at Wrestlemania and Wrestlemania moment for him will be amazing but a loss last night was a terrible terrible idea.

13) Kurt Angle, Gunner, Lashley, Aries VS Th Beat Down Clan (Lockdown)
In at number thirteen is yet another Lockdown match. Yes, I know your probably getting bored of this by now but I just loved loved loved this match. I actually watched this match about three times, witch is an odd thing for me when it comes to TNA matches or any match lately. What I loved the most about this match was how pretty much all my current faves were all in the match. Together they put on an outstanding main event witch left me realising why I'm always sticking up for TNA and it's wrestlers.

12) Baron Corbin VS Adrian Neville ( NXT 5/2)
Content from NXT Review and Reactions- It was then time for the man who gravity forgot to take on the much larger, Baron Corbin. I mentioned in last weeks Review ad Reactions post that this match was extremely important for Baron Corbin. It was important that he showed he's more than a ten second star and can do so much more in the ring. And after all, this was the semi final match in the number one contenders tournament for the NXT Championship, it doesn't get more important than that. Now, Baron is a big guy, almost seven foot, nearly three hundred pounds. The numbers themselves are enough, but because we haven't seen that much of Corbin in the ring I don't think anyone really knew what to expect. But I have to admit, I loved this match, I thought Corbin proved everything he needed to prove and really did have he's moment to shine. It was a slow start, I still think he needs to brush up and work on looking a little neater in the ring but when he's in the ring with someone like Neville, who's smaller and faster, he's going to struggle a little. Corbin used he's size and strength to he's advantage and had some great spots, hitting Neville with a monster of a clothesline. This was by far Barons best performance to date. He really proved he has a lot to show and I was really really impressed. He dominated most of this match and showed he is one to really watch in the near future. Despite the amazing performance, after Bull Dempsey made a sneaky appearance, throwing Corbin into the steel post, it was enough for Neville to take advantage and hit the red arrow in order to get the win and qualify for the final round.

11) Kevin Owens VS Sami Zayn (NXT Takeover 12/2)
Content from NXT Takeover Review and Reactions- Finally, it was time for the main event, witch saw Sami Zayn defend he's NXT Championship against Kevin Owens. The build up for this match was amazing and the expectations were really high, but they did once again, live up to the expectations. The match was slower paced than I expected but that was mainly because the match was Owens pace but I really liked that. The match had so much feeling to it, so much story and character and it felt extremely real and convincing. The fans were so passionate and everyone was glued to their screens. Owens dominated most of the match witch as a Zayn fan was pretty painful to watch. The action in this match was just none stop and as the commentators said, it reminded me a lot of the John Cena/ Brock Lesnar Summer Slam match, in the sense it was so one sided. Zayn got such little offence but when he did it was as usual a great performance. Towards the end of the match the referee declared that Zayn could no longer continue witch meant that the title would change hands making Owens the new NXT Champion. I thought the match was good, the ending made me feel a little cheated, but storyline wise it fitted so well and made so much sense. The only problem I had was that I do think Zayns championship run should of been longer.

Comments

Popular Posts