Fastlane Predictions: The Usos VS Cesaro & Tyson Kidd

Hello everyone and welcome back to Talk Wrestling World, I hope you are all well. This Sunday the WWE will present the first ever Fastlane pay per view, live on the WWE Network (remember all knew subscribers get the whole of February free). It was announced late last year that the Elimination Chamber pay per view was no longer going to be taking place and even though I was upset about the news at first the reality of it is is that there is no need for the show any more. Anyway, this week is officially prediction week and witch means throughout the next six days I will be uploading my predictions for each match on the card. You all know by now this is something I do monthly for every pay per view and they seem to be pretty popular. None of the posts in my prediction series have been influenced by any of my followers or readers but I would love to hear what you all think. Wrestlemania season has also already started on my blog. I was going to start the series later but I decided to kick start everything almost a month early, so lucky you. The links to any recent posts will be listed bellow including my NXT Takeover Rival Review and Reactions and my recent post in Wrestlemania season. Finally, you can let me know what your predictions for the show are and what posts you would like to see in Wrestlemania season by leaving a comment bellow or by tweeting me at @TezangiVictoria. I will also be live tweeting on Sunday throughout the show.


This Sunday Jimmy and Jey, The Usos, will defend their tag team championships against Cesaro and Tyson Kidd at the first ever Fastlane pay per view. After months of being built up as a solid tag team, this weekend, is a big one for Cesaro and Kidd as they need to prove they are a legit tag team to watch. I have written a fair amount about them and the idea of them being a tag team and I will insert some of the comments I have made over the past thew weeks later on in the post. Today's blog post is all about going back to what has happened for both these tag teams over the past year, who has the momentum, and my full predictions. With so much to get through, let's get started.


The past year has been amazing for the Usos. In the early months of two thousand and fourteen, the twins became the tag team champions after defeating The new age outlaws. From that point onwards they appeared to be getting better and better each time they were put on TV. The grew a fast following and found their was on the roster as the WWE's top tag team. To be fair, they really did work extremely hard to get to were they ended up. After being in the WWE for a good thew years, it took them time to get the spotlight they deserved and when they did get their moment to shine, they took full advantage and made themselves known as two of the top talents on the roster. Throughout the year they would compete on pretty much every episode of Monday night RAW, They would participate and put on some of the best tag team matches to come out of the WWE in many years, had a solid storyline with the Wyatt family along side, main man, John Cena, won the two thousand and
fourteen slammy award for Tag team of the year and became two time tag team champions right at the end of the year. I think it's more than safe to say Jimmy and Jey had the best possible year. Now, you all know I'm far from a fan of these guys. Almost every week I will tweet or make a comment on my blog about how much I really dislike them and how I'm far from  cheering them on in a match up, I'm sure you are all sick to the death of hearing me go on about it. However, I will be the first to admit that they simply are one of if not the strongest, most talented tag team in the WWE at the moment. One, cannot deny that at all. They spent the entire of twenty fourteen proving that and proving themselves. I just personally am not a fan of them, I never have been. So far, their two thousand and fifteen hasn't been so bad. They have already had some solid tag matches on RAW and Smackdown and have really come out of themselves as singles wrestlers. Their work with Damien Mizdow and the Miz was a decent start to their year. Personally, I wasn't a fan of it at all. I thought it was a weak feud but overall all four men got their moment and that's what matters. I don't see their luck running out this weekend at Fastlane. There's no chance in hell are the tag team championships changing hands this Sunday. What I'm hoping is that they will get a lengthy match, and they will all get their time to shine. But I can't see the titles changing over to Tyson Kidd and Cesaro. I think the match will be all about Kidd and Cesaro, and they will most likely dominate the match but I think overall, it will be the Usos to capture the win and hold on to those titles for a little longer.


We then have the team of Cesaro and Tyson Kidd and to be fair they have pretty much had a great past twelve months also. Or should I say interesting past twelve months. To be honest, most of their spotlight and success has come from NXT over the past year. At the start of two thousand and fourteen, we saw Cesaro feud with arguably the face of NXT, Sami Zayn where they had some of the best matches in NXT history. Their NXT Arrival, two our of three falls match was all round of of the best matches I have ever seen, plain and simple. From that moment onwards, we really did see things change for Cesaro. He's tag team work with Cesaro started to drift as he became a top main event superstar. The main roster turning point for him was probably he's match with John Cena on an episode of RAW. He may not have won the match but dominated and carried it and by the end of it the whole world had a new found respect for him. From then on he would go on to score a win over Randy Orton, have a strong performance at the Elimination Chamber pay per view and Money in the bank pay per view (during the WWE World Heavyweight championship ladder match), he would win the first ever Andre the giant battle royal at Wrestlemania thirty and have several amazing matches on RAW, Smackdown and pay per view shows. He would also become a Paul Heyman guy the night after Wrestlemania. However, things didn't go to plan and with poor creative work for him, Cesaro struggled to stay at the top and stars like Dean Ambrose, Roman Reigns, Bray Wyatt and Seth Rollins would be centre stage week after week and with so much going on, he never found he's place. One thing that did remain was the strong following. The fans love him and with he's amount of skill, he's a superstar that the WWE must start paying extra attention to. As for Tyson Kidd, all I can say is amazing. After being sent down to work in NXT, Kidd stole the spotlight and has since been in some of the best matches I have ever seen. He really did shine in the NXT spotlight, with strong, entertaining storyline's, lengthy matches and a new heel persona he proved to be a top star in the company and mainly, proved he was a serious underrated star in the WWE. Since coming back up to the main roster he hasn't had as much of the spotlight but has shined on the mid card section of the roster. I have said many times on twitter and on my blog that I'm not a fan of the pairing of Cesaro and Tyson Kidd. They are amazing singles wrestlers but it just feels like Rybaxel two point o. The WWE need to realise that putting to randomly, talented superstars together doesn't mean they are going to be a great tag team. They have little connection with each other and the fans as a team and it just doesn't work for me at all. In my opinion the best thing that can happen for these two is they end up feuding with each other at the end of it. Now, that would give us some outstanding matches.


I do think that this match has the potential to be amazing. These are four outstanding wrestlers with insane move sets that can and will blow anyone away. What I'm hoping is they get a decent amount of time in the ring. Given a fifteen minuet match, this could be one of the best matches of the year. As I mentioned earlier, I think Kidd and Cesaro will be the stand outs and will dominate most of the match. It's important these guys steal the show and are the superstars of the match. They both have so much to show and deserve and need the time to show off what they can do to the best of their abilities. That being said, I don't believe the championships will be changing hands this weekend what so ever. I think it's clear that the WWE are building up the Ascension to be the next Tag team champions, and Kidd and Cesaro are just filling in the gap. They're just their to take up some time and give the Usos something to do in the mean time while the Ascension go through their build up. That doesn't mean that this match can't be amazing and I really hope it is. It's had a decent build up and the momentum is split with Cesaro and Kidd having that tad bit more.

Let me know what your predictions are for this match by leaving a comment bellow or y tweeting me at @TezangiVictoria.

Comments

Popular Posts