Fastlane Review and Reactions

Hello everyone and welcome back to Talk Wrestling World, I hope you are all well! Last night the WWE presented the first ever Fastlane pay per view and what a show it was. The card was decent but it could of been stronger and some matches did really surprise me. We had an appearance from Sting and a huge announcement,a turning point for Roman Reigns, a return and many many more. Today's post is all about re-living last nights action as I give you my full review and reactions. We are now just over a month away from the biggest pay per view of the year, Wrestlemania, and Wrestlemania season on my blog has officially started! I will of course leave the link bellow to the most recent posts in the series but I would really love to know what you would love to know what you would like to see in the series, so leave some ideas bellow in the comments section. Remember there will be no top five this week once again because we are at the end of the month and so this weekend I will be uploading my top twenty matches of the month and top fifteen superstars of the month. All the links to any recent posts will be linked bellow at the end of the post and you can let me know what you thought of last nights show by leaving a comment bellow or by tweeting me at @TezangiVictoria.
The kick off show was great as usual, hosted by Renee Young, she was joined by Byron Saxton, Booker T and Corey Graves, together making an awesome kick off show and telling the pay per view really well. I still think Renee should be commentating for Main event or even Smackdown. She did another great job last night hosting the kick off show. We also got a special addition of Miz TV, with the advocate for the WWE World Heavyweight champion, Brock Lesnar, Paul Heyman joined the show and had a special message for the winner of the Bryan/ Reigns match up.Delivering a sharp, intense, direct message, Heyman made it clear that regardless of the winner of the match set to take place later on in the night, they would be no match for Lesnar and the championship would be staying around the waist of the beast. He did a great job selling the nights main event and even Roman Reigns. He did a great job really getting me personally excited for Wrestlemania. The Miz also had a great time on the mic last night and really did a great job holding he's own and asking the questions and it was great seeing the tensions rise even more between him and Damien. We also got a little Usos Q/A witch was a nice little touch also.

The first match of the night was the six man tag team match as Dolph Ziggler, Erick Rowan, and Ryback teamed up once again to take on Mr Money in the bank, Seth Rollins, The Big Show, and Kane. Starting the match was Seth Rollins for he's team and Ziggler for he's. After meeting in the ring on several occasions this past month and over the past couple of years, we all know by now how amazingly talented these two superstars are and how much they can put on a great match. Their quite similar and tell a story really well. After it looked like Rollins was going to take control, Ziggler very early on dominated the first little section, taking Rollins out of the ring before we were even five minuets in. Rollins then went back on the attack and things started to speed up a little. Ziggler soon after made the tag to Rowan. I mentioned in my prediction post how important this match was for Rowan and very early on he showed a lot of power/strength. He used the fact he is much stronger than Rollins to he's advantage and went for the first pin of the night. Kane the entered the match and at a similar height and weight, things felt more fair. Surprisingly, Rowan continued to dominate the match until he was backed in the corner and Show made he's first entrance into the match up. As thing's went outside the ring, Rowan was slowed down after he went for a spinning kick and after Show moved out of the way he hit he's leg on the post leaving Show to continue working on the injured leg/knee.The match carried on feeling pretty slow from this point as Show took control. When Kane came back things carried on going down heel for Rowan and as did it continue when Rollins came back in. Rollins had some great spots throughout the match and maintained that captin like, top guy, persona even when he wasn't in the ring. It was really important Rowan maintained a dominate,

strong, solid performance last night and he did a decent job. He had some great spots and really showed he's strength, using it to he's full advantage. It was when Ryback got into the match things started to change hands and speed up. Rollins and Ryback don't have much chemistry at all but their very different styles compliment each other and allow one another to stand out in different ways. Throughout the match, Ziggler remained the centre of attention, working the crowd, selling amazingly and being an all round stand out. No need to mention he was fan favourite. When the ref wasn't looking, Show was able to hit the knock out punch and give Kane an opening to eventually pin Ziggler and get the win. I did want this match to be longer, I don't think the loss did anything for Rowan, Ziggler and Ryback but Team Ziggler and Rollins were all stand outs for the match.After the match their was a beat down with the Authority in control and standing tall. That of course was of course until Randy Orton retuned taking them all out and leaving Rollins running backstage. It was about time Orton came back and what an impact he made. Let the Orton/Rollins feud begin. Altogether, a great start to the show. Orton's return was the perfect way to kick start Fastlane and set everyone on a high.

Up next we had the match up between brothers Stardust and Goldust. After a month of tensions rising, it was time for the brothers to sort their differences out in the middle of the ring. I actually felt pretty passionate about this match. I'm beyond bored of the Stardust gimmick but I do think they are heading in a good direction at the moment with everything. Goldie is in the best shape he has ever been in and with the WWE making a big deal out of it over the past week, last night it did have a more important feel to it and so I was looking forward to their match. As a life long Goldust fan, I was obviously in he's corner and it was really nice hearing he's theme again in full. I had a huge problem with fans not paying as much attention to this match and not paying respect to Goldust. I tweeted out that I hated how newer fans done give Goldie the respect he deserves, he's brought so much to the company and is such a great talent and he really did prove that last night. I also tweeted out how I really was hoping that this doesn't turn into a retirement match at Wrestlemania. I still think there is stuff for Goldust and I would rather see someone more experienced retire him but it does seem likely Cody will do so and it would make sense. It still hurts knowing I will probably never see my all time fave, wrestle. As the match went on, the fans did get more into the match and the match itself did speed up and was very split, very back and fourth. Goldust dominated a good chunk of the match but as I said it was very split and as soon as one took control the other would quickly recover and take control. After suffering some damage to he's ribs however, things really did start to slow down for Goldust and Stardust used that to he's advantage, working on the ribs, wearing he's brother down. Throughout the match, Stardust stayed in full heel mode, working the crowd and camera perfectly, staying in role completely and had some great spots. I honestly think this gimmick has really allowed Cody to show a complete new side to he;'s move set and it's really worked for him. In the end, after a quick win, Goldust scored the win but we can see that things are far from over between these two after Stardust attacked Goldust backstage. Hopefully, however we see a return of Cody Rhodes and things can go back to normal.

We then had the first championship match of the night (one of four to take place) as Jimmy and Jey the Usos defended their tag team championships against newly put together, Cesaro and Tyson Kidd. With Naomi and Natalya at the two teams side, the feel to the match was much stronger and really shacked things up a little. Starting things off were Tyson Kidd and Jey Uso. I found it funny how I realised what Uso was in the ring correctly before Cole did. The Usos very early on dominated the match, with Kidd struggling to find he's way at the start. However, after a slight leg injury, Kidd was able to take control and with Cesaro making the tag, they worked on the injured leg, gaining some momentum. For a while the newly put together team dominated the match working on the damaged leg. When Jey got back into the match, he and Cesaro took centre stage and had a good showing. For me both Cesaro and Tyson Kidd were the stand outs of the match, even when they weren't in control, my eyes were on them and with Cesaro's strength and Kidd's speed and serious technical ability, they proved a huge point last night. I did express throughout the past month how I did feel, however, they were just filling in a spot and keeping the Usos busy while the WWE build up the Ascension so  you can imagine how surprised I was to see them crowned the new champs! I was not expecting this at all but I was beyond happy for them. More than deserved it.

Up next, the confrontation between Triple and the icon, Sting. I'm not gonna lie, this is what I was waiting for and most excited about. The video package before the meeting was really well put together and a really nice addition. Triple He delivered a great promo and really did remind me as to why I have been such a huge fan of he's pretty much all my life. He cuts a great promo, has serious passion for the company and really loves what he does, it's so obvious. He's a great heel but awesome all round amazing WWE Superstar. Of course when Sting made he's appearance I pissed off my neighbours once again and marked out like a mad women. It's becoming a regular thing. Most of you will know by now I'm a major Sting fan. I've always always loved him and he is someone who has changed and made pro wrestling. The tension between these two last night was amazing. You could just feel the tension rising second by second and you just waited for something huge to go down.Together it was like my childhood all rolled into one and when the two finally collided I think apart of me died and I could honestly have cried. These are two of sports entertainments biggest names and biggest talent's of all time, seeing two of my personal icons go at it was just amazing and honestly made my night. We now know that Wrestlemania thirty one in around thirty four days, it will be Sting VS the Game, Triple H. Now this, I cannot wait for.

Divas action next and Nikki Bella was set to defend her divas championship against the anti diva herself, Paige. Now, these two had an outstanding match on Main event last month. It was a long match witch allowed both divas to shine, especially Nikki and I was hoping we would get the same last night. With a weak build up however, I was not expecting much. After the NXT Divas put on an outstanding match at Takeover last week, Nikki and Paige had a heck of a lot to live up to. Paige, wasting no time went straight on the attack and dominated the match. What I have realised is that we have seen a lot of the Paige we saw when she was NXT as of recently witch is great! Nikki had a very dominate start to the match once she got the upper hand, showcasing her impressive strength once again, taking things out side of the ring. The two girls have very different styles both in the ring and physically but in the ring they work extremely well together and have great chemistry. I felt Brie at ringside was pointless and her voice did start to frustrate me in the background. Nikki had some great spots, as did Paige, but all-round the match was disappointing. It should of been much longer and the ending was weak. Nikki of course retained the championship.

We then had the next championship match, as Bad News Barrett defended he's Intercontinental championship against the lunatic fringe, Dean Ambrose.Now, on the kick off show, there was an amazing promo/video package for this match and really did add more to the match and got me way more excited. Most of you will know by now, these are two of my current fave WWE superstars, so choosing a side was beyond difficult, but the two are so amazingly talented and have so much to off we all knew we were in for a treat. The match had so much character, and I did mention how importance  this match was for Ambrose. After loosing two major feuds (Rollins and Wyatt) it was key Ambrose scored this win and had an epic performance. Now, for years now the IC championship has had no importance or value and that has been a serious problem for me and others and let's be honest, if there is one many in the locker room who is capable of bringing back importance to this championship is was Dean Ambrose. The match was very split throughout with Barrett dominating the match very early on. But out of nowhere, Ambrose was able to turn things around and being to take things at he's speed, gaining some momentum; and trust me when things were on Ambrose's side they were on Ambrose's side. The fans were all for him and you could really see him work from that throughout the match.I also wanna quickly mention how much Barrett looked in great great shape last night and has been for weeks now. I hated how this match ended. Yet another DQ ending match for Ambrose. This is not good what so ever. I don't understand why the WWE keep having him get DQ'd. It's doing nothing for him, in fact, I think it's damaging him more and more. It looks as if they will go at it at Wrestlemania and Wrestlemania moment for him will be amazing but a loss last night was a terrible terrible idea.

We then had a huge surprise. Out of nowhere, the Undertakers theme hit and slowly a coffin was brought down to the ring to reveal inside the one and only.... Bray Wyatt.  Now, long story, I marked the f**k out. Seeing Bray in that coffin and cut one of the best promo's of he's career so far was just amazing. I have a post all about passing the torch to Bray Wyatt set to go up in the next couple of weeks. The excitement in me did takeover and in that one promo, I realised that Bray Wyatt is hands down the future. He has so much to offer so much to bring. After, calling out the Undertaker for a Wrestlemania match I felt two things. One, this is freaking awesome! and two, the Undertake is almost fifty years old and Wyatt is only twenty seven, it feels a little wrong. But one thing is certain, a match between these two will be legendary.

Up next, final championship match of the night. Rusev went one on one, defending he's United States Championship against the fifteen time world champion, John Cena. Now, I was surprisingly really pumped for this match but I was also very passionate about it. I felt so so strongly that it was important Rusev one cleanly. I honestly thought that having Rusev loose would make no sense what so ever and he needed an extremely strong performance. This match was also very important and setting the future for Rusev. He really needed to prove himself to the critics and to the WWE and the WWE universe as a whole. Did he do that? Yeah I honestly think he really did. He held he's own throughout the match and really gave the veteran, Cena a run for he's money.Taking control early on in the match, things looked to really be going Rusev's way and with a split crowd (as usual) it was all round a well put together match up. Throughout the match, Rusev showed both great strength and speed and dominated most of the match up. This was easily Rusev's best match to date, he put on an outstanding performance and proved he is a top star to watch in the future, for me, he was the man of the night and this was my match of the night. I also need to quickly mention how amazing Lana was last night also. She really did a great job at ringside doing what she does best and was extremely convincing. This match, is exactly the type of matches we need for the IC and US Championship, It felt meaningful and was just a phenomenal match. I loved the ending, the ref missed the low blow but the fact Rusev defeated Cena made me beyond happy and he was hands down the man of the night and more than deserved the win.

And finally, main event time, as Roman Reigns and Daniel Bryan went one on one for the right to face Brock Lesnar in five weeks time at Wrestlemania for the WWE World Heavy Weight championship. Now, this match was extremely important for Reigns. He needed to steal the show, he needed to prove the haters and critics wrong and most importantly prove the WWE were right to put their faith in him and brand him as the next big star. Regardless of how this match was set to end, the fans were beyond passionate and had strong strong opinions. The live crowd appeared to be very split with both getting chants and a decent reception, however online, it appeared to mainly be team Bryan.Daniel did a great job with the mind games, keeping a smile n he's face, feeding off the crowd and keeping the match at he's pace. Reigns however, used he's strength advantage to just that and the match became very back and fourth with it being a battle of Strength VS Submissions. As the match went on we really did start to see how the mind games came into affect as Reigns grew more and more angry and it became more and more obvious. Reigns did a good job showing more character and the aggressive side of him opened up a new side to he's move set. Despite he dominate performance however, I do think Bryan was the man carrying the match. You all know I'm far from a Roman Reigns fan but I will be the first to admit he is improving more and more, week after week and last night was possibly, he's greatest singles match. I did feel the match was a little slow but it was a solid main event witch Reigns having a strong showing witch eventually, in the end saw Reigns score the win and we now know he will main event Wrestlemania. Roman really did prove it's all about booking for him.

After looking through twitter, I saw that a lot of people didn't like last nights pay per view but I actually thought it was pretty amazing. We had some amazing returns, Sting's appearance and he @TezangiVictoria.
Wrestlemania match against Triple H announced, amazing quality matches and story development, a huge movement in Bray Wyatt and he's legacy and much more. Personally I loved the show and with now only five weeks away from Wrestlemania things will start to get interesting. Remember, my RAW Predictions will be up later today and you can let me know what you thought of the first eve Fastlane pay per view by leaving a comment bellow or by tweeting me at

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts