Smackdown Review and Reactions

Hello everyone and welcome back to Talk Wrestling World, I hope you are all well! Last night saw the first Smackdown after the Fastlane pay per view air, and to be fair, it wasn't a terrible terrible show and trust me, after the long week I've had with all the late nights, it needed to be a pretty decent show to keep me awake. After the events that happened both at Fastlane and this past week on RAW their was a lot to cover and get through on last night's Smackdown. Before we get into today's post I have a thew little reminders for you; we are less than five weeks away from Wrestlemania and Wrestlemania season has started on my blog as you already know by now, the link to the most recent posts in the series will be bellow. I will be live tweeting throughout Wrestlemania and I will also be hosting a Q&A two hours before the show, there will be more on that as we get closer to Mania. This weekend there will also be no top five superstars of the week an instead I will be uploading my top twenty matches of the month and top fifteen superstars of the month but the weekly top five will return next week. My fitness blog also kick started this week and the link to the first post will also be bellow. I will leave the links bellow to any recent posts including my NXT and Fastlane Review and Reactions posts. Finally, you can let me know what you thought of last nights show and what you would like to see in Wrestlemania season by leaving a comment bellow or by tweeting me at @TezangiVictoria.

The show kick started with  Daniel Bryan, the leader of the Yes movement addressed the WWE universe and took the moment to cut an amazing promo, talking about the start of the "yes" chants and how it all began with a "no" chant because he was frustrated. He went on to explain how the belief  of the WWE universe/ he's fans allowed him to go on to carry on fighting and main event the biggest pay per view of the year last year, Wrestlemania, and win the WWE World Heavyweight championship. He then of course brought up the matter of he's injury and how this past Sunday he was given a second chance but failed to leave the pay per view with a victory. After he mentioned that there has been talk of the YES movement being over and made it clear it was far from over. Mid way through explaining he's plans for Mania he was interrupted by the Intercontinental champion, Bad News Barrett. Being a typical Brit, Barrett came out to ruin the fun and deliver some bad news. Thing's very quickly turnt back to Dean Ambrose and the face he still has Barrett's championship. Of course this just gave Ambrose a reason to make he's presences known and the two ended up brawling outside of the ring, meanwhile, Bryan was eyeing up the IC title in the middle of the ring and took the championship in he's hands. Now, I have a huge problem with this. After what happened on Monday, it became clear the WWE had some huge plans for the IC title and Wrestlemania this year witch is great, fantastic even. I'm always talking about how important it is that the WWE bring back importance and prestige back to the IC and US championship. Now, adding Bryan to the picture is huge! Really huge! We now have four top stars in the IC title picture, Ambrose, Barrett, Ziggler and Bryan. This already makes the IC title a big deal and to be honest it makes it look more intresting the WWE Championship picture.However, as an Ambrose fan I worry. He's had a great year, yes, but he hasn't won a pay per view match in a very very long time. All these losses are really doing some serious damage and if he was to suffer yet another loss at Mania this time then it could be a serious problem and I really do think a Wrestlemania moment is what he needs. But then again I have another thought that a strong strong performance may be enough for him and kick starting a feud between Bryan and Ambrose after Mania turning Ambrose heel may just be a smart smart idea. So I'm very split but I thought this was an amazing start to the show, really strong and entertaining and it's really nice seeing so much attention on the championship and seeing top stars go after it, finally the WWE are listening to the fans and what we want. And of course Dean left with the title. 

Talking of Ambrose he competed in the first match of the night when he took on The Miz. I wasn't a fan of this booking. I'm not really feeling the Miz right now. I struggle to get through he's matches but one thing about him is that he is really entertaining and is amazing at he's job and playing he's role. There has been more tensions rising between the Miz and he's "personal assistant" Damien Mizdow/Sandow. Ambrose dominated the match very early one but for a good chunk of the match it was actually the Miz in control.Just Dean was getting back on top of things, he would get distracted by Barrett who came back out to take back he's championship, but the distraction wasn't enough as Ambrose scored the win and watched as Barrett went off with title. But we all know things are far from over.

Up next,a divas match up. After what went down this past Monday on RAW between The Usos and Naomi and the tag team champions Cesaro and Tyson Kidd and Natalya this led to a one on one match up between two of the most talented, strongest in ring performers in the WWE Divas divsion, Naomi and Natalya. Nattie did come down to the ring limping, we saw her injure herself this past week on RAW, I'm not sure if it's legit or not but if she was really injured than I doubt they would of had her wrestle in the first place but yeah she made it very convincing. Both divas looked great throughout the match, really showing how amazingly talented and athletic they are. Naomi really showed her athleticism and how diverse her move set is and Nattie showed off her strength and how great of a technical wrestler. Of course I think the match should of been longer but for the time they had they put on a great match and really showcased a lot. The addition of Tag team champions and the Usos at ringside played a big role and I think the WWE have huge potential with this little feud going into Wrestlemania. We will see if the WWE are paying attention to the #GiveDivasAChance movement this week on RAW. 

Lana and Rusev were up next and re-living the moments from Fastlane, Lana cut another great promo and to be fair Rusev wasn't too bad on the mic either. I mentioned how well Rusev did on Sunday and for me was the man of the night. He really is coming into he's own and standing out on the roster. I honestly think he has a huge year and all round future ahead of him. Even though this past week on RAW Lana and Rusev denied another match for Wrestlemania it's pretty clear a re-match is defiantly on the cards for them. Jack Swagger would soon interrupt as Lana finished off reading an Email that was suppose to be from Putin. But all that would happen was yet another beat down for Jack Swagger and this really upset me. They have used Swagger throughout Rusev's run on the main roster and have simply been using him to put over Rusev from the get go. It makes me so upset because Swagger is such a talented, young and promising superstar yet they fail him time and time again.It's hard to believe he once had a World title match against Orton at a pay per view. It's a shame WWE continue too fail such strong, talented superstars with such big and entertaining gimmicks. 

Up next a none title match between Bad News Barrett and Daniel Bryan, following what had happened at the start of the show. I have already mentioned how I feel about this whole thing so there's no need to go over that again, I didn't like seeing R-Truth at commentary. Out of all the guys inn the IC title picture he is by far the weakest  and is the least needed in the storyline but I suppose he's a nice little touch. Barrett and Bryan are two of my current faves and I always love watching them compete so I was all for a match between the two, their both so amazingly talented and could easily put on a great match and so they did.It was hard to focus on the match with the really distracting commentary, it would of been nice seeing all the attention on the actual wrestling.  For me this was match of the night and of course Bryan ended up winning the match and initially earning himself a title match. During the match R-Truth stole the IC title and after had a segment with Ambrose backstage where Truth gave back the title to Dean.I actually found truth really pretty funny last night. 

Other matches in the night included a one on one match between Fandango and a rather crazy Curtis
Axel. Fandango walked away with  the win. There was also a match up between Adam Rose and Goldust, with the whole purpose of this match being to further push the feud between Goldie and Stardust. In the end it was Goldust who got the win but was later attacked by Stardust. Bray Wyatt also cut another awesome promo.

It was then finally time for the main event witch was a Fastlane rematch, from the six man tag match between Ryback, Erick Rowan and Dolph Ziggler VS Seth Rollins, Kane and The Big Show. I was not looking forward to this match at all. I didn't think there was a need for a rematch at all. I'm beyond bored of seeing these guys go at it, yes they are all amazingly talented superstars but I do not want to see the same thing week after week after week. The WWE need to start being much more creative with their booking. Of course the match was a great main event, I never doubted it would be but  I just wasn't into the match because of how repetitive and predictable it was. The stands of the match in my opinion were Erick Rowan, he had an amazing performance, dominating the first part of the match really well, Ryback and Rollins also stood out for me. In the end finally team Ryback got the win

Let me know what you thought of last nights show by leaving a comment bellow or by tweeting me at @TezangiVictoria.

Comments

Popular Posts