5 Potential Opponents for Lesnar

Hey everyone, and welcome back to my blog. I have for you another top five countdown post for you today. You can let me know what list you would like to see up next Wednesday by leaving a comment bellow or tweeting me at @TezangiVictoria. Link's to this week's RAW Review and Reactions will be bellow alongside any other recent posts.



Today I have a my top five potential opponents for Brock Lesnar. This is another post I have had been wondering weather or not to do, just because of how controversial Lesnar is and how I personally feel about him. But after watching some DVD's over the weekend I knew I really wanted to write this up. I have a list for you of the five guy's who could face him, who it would make sense to face him, who the WWE are likely to make him face and who I personally would love to see Lesnar step in the ring with. Remember you can let me know who you think Lesnar should face in the future by leaving a comment below or tweeting me at @TezangiVictoria,  

5)Chris Jericho 
Kicking off the op five is Chris Jericho. I can already the here the "What the hell you talking about" comments from a lot of you but trust me I have some good reasons. Now I'm a huge fan of Jericho, I think everyone already know's that, but since he's return a thew month's back I just aint been feeling him and haven't got into anything he has done. I thought the stuff with Bray was okay but I did have pretty high expectations of that feud and I think it failed to deliver quit a bit. The matches were average but I felt it did nothing for both superstars and was not the best of come backs for Jericho. Then there's the stuff he's doing with Randy now, witch I think it a good idea and could go really well for them both but It does seem very predictable. All that being said I think Jericho really does need something new, exciting and something the fan's could really get into, and that may just be a feud with Lesnar. This is very much a personal dream feud but I do think it would make so much sense and would do so much for both Lesnar and Jericho. First of all just imagine the mic glory we will get between Paul Heyman and Chris Jericho. The two alone would bring us some of the best promo's and segments ever in the history of WWE and would make the feud and lead up to matches so much better.  Then there is actually the one on one matches with Brock. Jericho has proven since he's return that he is in great shape and can take one heck of a beating. He's involvement in the RAW six man tag match a couple of week's back was amazing and really was he's match, being the shining star of it and standing out throughout he's time in the ring that night. The two would have some amazing, legendary matches that fans would seriously be interested in for obvious reasons. Jericho would also force Lesnar to bring something new and show us more in the ring, and whilest many people probably think Jericho couldn't take the beating he would clearly get from Lesnar, Jericho has proven time and time again in history he can knock down almost anyone you put in front of him so why not Lesnar? It's also key to mention Jericho and Lesnar did not feud the last time Lesnar held gold, so is Jericho coming back a sign of a new challenge for Lesnar?

4) Roman Reigns 
Number four is pretty predictable but had to be in the list, and it's Roman Reigns. I think everyone know's by now how I feel about Roman Reigns as a wrestler and as main event star, I recently did a Why Roman Reigns is not ready to main event, post witch I will leave the link to bellow also,  but I think it's safe to say that the WWE seem to think the complete opposite to what I and many other's do. It's clear the WWE are creating a main event star in Roman Reigns and there doing pretty damn quick, putting him in feuds with like's of Randy Orton of all people, and as we all know he picked up a big win over him at Summer Slam. There is no doubt in my mind that the WWE will have Reigns step up to the plate and face Lesnar at some point, maybe even sooner than he is clearly  ready for. A lot of people, including myself, seem to believe that Brock Lesnar will hold the championship up until Wrestlemania where he will go one on one with Reigns.  I think I have said it a thew time's now but I think this is a real bad idea, my opinion might change by April if it does even happen, but for now I hate the idea and I think it's too much too soon for Reigns and would give up way to much of a big push. However I do think it is very very likely to happen. Considering how much the WWE love Reigns and how much of a star they want to make out of him it seem's almost certain they will do this if Lesnar still has the championship come Wrestlemania. There is also the talk and clear showing that the WWE plan on making Reigns the next big baby face, main eventer in the business, almost preparing him before Cena eventually leaves the WWE. I do think that come April next year, Reigns would be much better in the ring and on the mic and therefore I'd probably be more positive about him, at the moment however, I have to judge on what I'm seeing, and I think Reigns would struggle both in the ring and in the feud as a whole. We have to remember that whoever feuds with Lesnar is gonna have to deal with Heyman and try and match him on the mic to some level and Reigns is so far from being able to do that. I think the fact he's mic skills are so poor would prevent the fan's from really being able to get into the feud and connect with it and it would seem very boring very quickly, and it would very much so ride on the fan's and Heyman. As for the actual wrestling, once again Reigns would struggle and the matches would seem very predictable. But I do think by April he's move set will be more impressive and he may be able to compete at a strong level with Lesnar in the ring. This feud would do wonders for Reigns and would set he's career real high. A young superstar beating the one who concurred the streak! He would be seen as a top guy in the WWE and would be exactly what the WWE plan on making him, it could also open a lot of doors for Reigns.

3) Sheamus 
At number three is Sheamus. I have been real negative about Sheamus over the past thew month's and I've been really angry with he's booking. I get that he's been unwell and that he's been doing some promotional tours, but this booking has just been terrible and the amount of time he has spent in the ring has been terrible; but that being said I strongly believe that Sheamus is one of the top guy's to face Lesnar. I've been saying what seems like forever now that Sheamus need's a heel turn, however if the WWE plan on keeping him a baby face for a little while longer than a feud with Lesnar is what's best for business. For quit some time now Sheamus has been put in the mid card section of the roster, and we have seen some weak performances and he's title reign so far as the US Champ as been very poor, but let's go back in time a bit. Back in 2009 when Sheamus debuted he was one of the most aggressive, intimidating and different men on the roster. He was one of the most fast rising superstars in the history of the WWE and had some amazing amazing matches with the like's of Randy Orton, Triple H and John Cena. Let's not forget the awesome feud between him and Triple H that saw Sheamus pick up one of he's biggest win's in he's career at Extreme Rules against Triple H, the match for me was a strong turning point in he's career and he showed himself as not only a strong strong heel but a good old fashioned brawler who could take on heck of a beating. It has been a while since we have seen that side of Sheamus but I think everyone would love to see that side of him again and it could work as a baby face, and a feud with Lesnar is perfect to do that. I don't have any doubts that Sheamus would be able to keep up with Lesnar in the ring. Over the year's he has had big brawls with superstars such as Mark Henry and The Big Show. He has proven time and time again he can take a beating, all you have to do is watch the steel chair match at TLC 2012 against The Big Show to show that. He can be serious just as much as a funny and comical on the mic so would be intresting to see what would go on with him and Heyman. It would give Sheamus that big big push he need's and would allow the fans to finally get into a Sheamus feud again and remind us of the real Sheamus we used to see a thew years back. It would allow Sheamus to get back feuding with the big stars and main eventing again, where he clearly belongs.

2) Ryback 
Number two in my top five opponents for Lesnar is Ryback. I have no idea where to start with this one. I've been a fan of Ryback from the get go so you can imagine how disappointed and angry with the WWE and what they have done with him. We all know Ryback is out at the moment with an injury and other stuff  wont go into, but I think this will really work for him in so many way's. Before leaving he was working with Curtis Axle in the tag team Rybaxle. I think the whole world know's how much I hate this idea and have done from the very very beginning. It has been the worst thing to happen in Ryback's career on the main roster and has put him right at the bottom of the Roster, but I still have hope and believe the time away will do him so much good. I wont go too into this because I plan on doing a complete separate post on this but, the WWE really do have a second chance with Ryback. He could easily come back and be put at the top again, main eventing and a feud with Lesnar would be just perfect for him and he's career. Ryback could easily challenge Lesnar in the ring and put him through he's paces. It would re-establish Ryback massively and  would get the fan's back interested in him big time.  He would be really over with the fan's and would make some amazing matches with Lesnar. The only problem would be he's work with Heyman witch we probably wouldn't see much of to be honest and the main interest would be the actual wrestling between him and Brock. He has proven to be main event material with he's work back in 2012 and early 2013 and it was a shame it didn't really go anywhere. If he came back and straight away entered a feud with Lesnar it would be amazing and really set him back off in the right tracks. The matches would be extremely physical and very entertaining.

1) The Big Show.
Finally at number one is The Big Show. I had no choice but to put Show at the top of the list, in five potential opponents for Lesnar. At the moment Show is at an interesting point in he's career but I think they could easily get him feuding with Lesnar. The two have already collided in the past in fact they had a match this year at the Royal Rumble that didn't end great for The big show. This mean's it would make so much sense for the two of them to feud again. The have pretty good chemistry in the ring and quit a thew of the fans were into the match's. I thought that Show came across really bad before and to be honest Lesnar didn't come across the best but the feud was intresting and I did want to see more from the two. Once again I am going to be doing a full post on Big show in the next two weeks or so, so I wont go on too much. I think it's important that Show get's one more big win, big feud and he deserves to hold the Championship one more time before he leaves the business. I really don't think Show will be in the WWE for much much longer and I think holding the championship is really important for him and he's career. The two could have some seriously strong physical matches that I personally would love to see. This Friday I will be doing a "Why Big show must face Lesnar" post where I will explain more why he is at number one in the list, so keep an eye out for the link to that post!

Who would you love to see Lesnar face next? Let me know by leaving a comment bellow or tweeting me at @TezangiVictoria,


RAW Review and Reactions:

Why Roman Reigns is not ready to main event:
http://talkwrestlingworld.blogspot.co.uk/2014/09/why-roman-reigns-is-not-ready-to-main.html

Comments

Popular Posts