Superstar of the week: John Cena

Hey guy's and welcome back to my blog. It Sunday and time for my superstar of the week. Yesterday I published my top five superstars of the week post and the link to that and last week's list and superstar of the week will be at the end of this. You can also let me know who your superstar of the week is by tweeting me at @TezangiVictoria.

So this week's superstar of the week is for sure gonna be one heck of a shock to everyone. I think the whole world know's how much I dislike John Cena. I moan about him in every single post, ever week throughout RAW and Smackdown and every PPV so I know everyone is gonna be really surprised that this week he is my superstar of the week. Now, Cena is far from being my favourite superstar and I never ever really speak positivity about him for obvious reasons but I do respect him and I try to make my top five and superstar of the week's to be as honest as possible and this week there was one man who stole each show and really did stand out weather I liked it or not and that man was John Cena. There's also the fact that all week I have been talking to people on twitter about him and everywhere I've gone I've read stuff about him as usual both negative and positive. So let's go back to Monday night RAW and the night kicked off with Jericho in the ring where he was suppose to be hosting the highlight reel with special guest Randy Orton however instead he got the whole of the Authority. The whole thing was interrupted by Cena and Roman Reigns however it was Cena who owned the segment. Triple H began discussing the fact that maybe someone else should challenge Lesnar for the WWE championship and night of champions. It was that that grabbed the attention of John as he's music hit and serious Cena made he's way to the ring. He would then take control of the mic, in of course serious Cena mode. From there he would go on to own the mic and the segment and take control of the whole thing. Later on in the night he was involved in the main event where he teamed up with Chris Jericho and Roman Reigns to face Kane, Randy Orton and Seth Rollins. The match was pretty good. All six men managed to hit some great shot's and it was the face's who pretty much owned the match. However for me it was Cena and Jericho who stood out most. The main event made sense and there was a good flow to it. By the end of night it was Cena left standing tall and with as smile on he's face as he AA'd Seth Rollins onto the announce table leaving him starring off wit Triple H as RAW went off air. Now we didn't see anything new from Cena but I don't expect to any more anyway, but like it or not the show was based around him. He helped open and close the show. I thought the opening segment was really good and a great way to kick off the show, and I have to admit it was Cena who kept me watching kept me interested in what was going on. As for the match in my opinion as I mentioned before it was Jericho was the stand out along side Erick Rowan but Cena did play a big part towards the end as usual. There was also a promo from Paul Heyman in the middle of the show that was based around night of champions and Cena VS Brock Lesnar. Once again it was more talk of Cena keeping him the one that we are talking about.
We then saw him on Smackdown. I have to admit and I have been pretty vocal about it in the past that I don't really like Cena being on Smackdown But I do think he needs to be on the show much much much more in order to make it half as good as RAW but I'm going to be talking about that more in the up coming week so keep and eye out for the link for that post on twitter. So Cena opened Smackdown as well this week and delivered a pretty good promo, I cant deny it. Yes it was typical Cena but for some reason I was really into it this past Friday, maybe it was because I was in a good mood but yeah I liked it. I thought it was a strong, good way to kick off Smackdown and made a change to what we usually see on the show. John spoke about proving everyone wrong at night of champions and how by September 22 he will be the WWE champion again and beat Brock Lesnar. The whole thing led to the announcement by triple H that there would be a big main event that would see John Cena team up with Roman Reigns, Mark Henry, Big Show and Chris Jericho to face Kane, Seth Rollins and the Wyatt family in a big ten man tag match. I thought it was an intresting thing to do. It seemed pretty stupid having the biggest stars in one big match but the actual match was actually really good. I do think they need to tone it down on the tag matches and tag main events but it was pretty good and everyone stood out for individual reasons. I thought Cena's performance was good, once again nothing new but it was good to see him actually wrestle on Smackdown as well. The match ended in DQ but after one big brawl and the heels cleared of the ring once again it was Cena and he's team left standing tall.
The week did feel very Cena dominated and I had no choice but to have him as my superstar of the week and there was no one else who really did fill the gap. It was clear the WWE were trying to go for this whole new "aggressive Cena" thing that in my opinion is just not working and It all just seem's pretty pointless. I do think that this up coming week is gonna be an epic one and one you don't want to miss! But for this week who was your number on superstar?  Let me know by leaving a comment bellow or tweeting me at @TezangiVictoria.

Top five superstars of the week:
http://talkwrestlingworld.blogspot.co.uk/2014/09/my-top-5-superstars-of-week.html

Superstar of the week Goldust and Stardust:
http://talkwrestlingworld.blogspot.co.uk/2014/08/superstar-of-week-goldust-stardust.html

Comments

Popular Posts