NXT Takeover Fatal 4 way Review & Reactions

Hey everyone and welcome back to my blog. Last night was NXT Takeover two fatal 4 way, and I have for you my in depth review. You can let me know what you thought of last night's action my leaving a comment bellow or tweeting me at @TezangiVictoria.

Where do I begin? Literally from the pre-show all the way through to the Fallout show NXT Takeover two, fatal four way was amazing! The superstars and divas did not disappoint and lived up to the previous Takeover show that aired in May. I'll begin talking about the Pre-show because I actually did enjoy this. Now I don't know how many of you actually watched it but It was actually really good and a nice kick off to the show. It was hosted by Renee Young alongside Alex Riley and Jason Albert, I've been pretty vocal on how much I'm not a fan of Riley but I do have to admit he did a great job last night and was a nice addition to the panel , maybe he's slowly growing on me. Jason Albert on the other hand I love and have been a big big fan of he's work for a very long and he was great last night and really made the kick off show that much better. But for me it was Renee who owned the night for announcers. She hosted the kick off show and did a great job their, she was interviewing on the fallout show and she did a great job at commentary all night and I was actually really really really impressed by her work on commentary in particular. Turning into a big fan of hers. Tom and Byron also did a great job last night as well, much better than the main roster stuff we get.The announce team are really stepping up in NXT and the future looks bright for them also.
Onto the action and the first match of the night was the title defence for the NXT Tag  Team Championship, with champs The Ascension against number one contender tournament winners Kalisto and Sin Cara. I thought this match was a real solid, good quality tag team match.It was very much how I predicted with Kalisto and Sin Cara controlling the pace at first and with the Ascension turning thing's around quickly. I did think it was a little predictable but it was a good quality match and the perfect way to kick off the show. In my opinion it was Kalisto who stood out the most in the whole match. He's performance was 100% on point last night and he stole the match. I thought it was the right time to crown new champions and what better people to hold the title then these two. I really do hope they have a long title reign and I think there gonna be the ones to really watch in NXT as a tag team and as singles competitors especially Kalisto.  I have to admit that at first I wasn't quit sure about Sin Cara being in a tag team and being one half of the NXT tag team champions but after last night I really do think it was the right move to make for him. This way  he is getting the TV time and attention he deserves. He didn't work as a singles on the main roster but he's a bit hit in NXT and works really well with Kalisto. As for Kalisto I think this is a good way to kick start he's career in the WWE he seem's to work really well in a tag team and to be honest is the star of the duo at the moment an clearly has a bright future in the WWE.
Enzo Amore went head to head with Sylvester Lefort in a hair VS Hair match. As usual I got into Enzo's entrance and loved him on the fallout the show. Every week I'm loving him and Big Cas a duo and the two just work so well together, I really don't want the WWE to split those two up any time soon at all! The match was short and sweet and I was more than happy Enzo picked up the win. To be honest I don't knwo much about Sylvester and plan to really take a look at he's work in the next week or so, but I thought he had a decent performance last night and it was nice to see the crowd really into the match, in fact they were into every single match last night and showed respect for everyone and every match, witch we don't get to see very often on RAW or Smackdown or even on PPV now days.As the match came to an end and it was time for Sylvester to loose some hair he legged it leaving tag team partner Marcus Louis to well....  be left bald, witch we saw later on in the night. I actually thought he didn't look that bad bald and a little bit better than he did with hair actually. On the Fall out show Sylvester demanded a tag team match between him and Marcus VS Enzo and Big Cas, that Enzo accepted. Look's like we will be getting that next week or the following week.
On the pre show CJ Parker expressed he's annoyance that he was not granted a match at NXT
Takeover so general manager William Regal gave him a match with a mystery opponent. We would later find out that opponent was Baron Corbin. Now I'm gonna be honest, I marked the F*** out when I saw Baron in that ring and realised he was getting an actual one on one match that people would be into and want to see. That being said the match was like a minuet....but in that minuet he managed to impress anyone and truly made he's mark in NXT, after having several not so good matches there. He's finisher was a big big hit and he proved to be very impressive with a lot of people wanting to see more from him. He's worked a lot of house shows and has developed a strong fan base, and a lot of people including myself have been waiting a long time to see him make he's mark finally in NXT. He was really over with the crowd and I'm happy they've brought him back as a face, it seem's like a better start for him and much more promising. He was trending all night and everyone wan't to know more  about him so I do plan on doing a get to know Baron Corbin post, but the future looks very very bright for him and I just know there is so much more left to see of him and when he get's a full length match he really is gonna blow your mind,I think it's safe to say I'm a fan of he's work, and trust me I think you all will be very soon, feuds with the likes of Bull and Solomon Crowe will be money.
So last night Kenta arrived and made he's NXT TV debut, well not in a match but he made he's presences known.  Regal introduced him and got the crowd pumped for him. First thing to point out, he has a freaking epic entrance theme! He announced that he's new name will be Hideo Itami, witch I have grown to actually really like. I will be doing a full post about him, yes you guessed right a Get to know post. The Ascension made an appearance half way through to express the anger towards their earlier title lost and demanding a re-match from William Regal, they then tried to vent their anger on nearly named Hideo (gonna have to get used to not saying Kenta), by throwing him out the ring. However he got straight back in the ring and cleared the ring of both of them. I thought this was a great idea and really set him off,  giving him a big start in NXT. Having him face up to arguably two of the most threatening superstars in NXT was a big deal and really made him one to watch and left us wanting to see more from him.
Divas action next and what a match! I was completely blown away again by Charlotte. But I have a new found respect for  Bayley. We all know I haven't been a big fan of Bayley from the begging but I have always admitted that she is one hell of a wrestler and last night she owned that match. Any doubts I had about her are completely gone and I have to say I am now a huge and fan and officially apart of the hug life! Her performance last night was just amazing and I was blown away,she's actually left me wanting to see her as the NXT Women's champion soon...yeah that's how good she was. And Charlotte well she was pretty freaking awesome herself! It was by far one of the best divas matches we have seen in the WWE and both of them stepped up. The crowd were 100% into and it was so nice hearing a "This is awesome" chant in a divas match! They completely put to shame all the main roster divas and proved that once these two get on the main roster they are gonna own the divas division. It was also nice seeing a women's match so long and be referred to as one of two main events.At the end of the match Sasha Banks made another appearance and began attacking Bayley when she was in the ring, Charlotte soon got involved and pulled Sasha off of Bayley. She latter announced she does now have a lot of respect for Bayley and it was really nice to see.
Last up was the main event I just don't know where to begin. I will for sure be doing a whole separate post on this on Sunday probably as my match of the week because I doubt anything on Smackdown will beat it. As we all know it was a fatal four way between Adrian Neville, Sami Zayn, Tyson Kidd and Tyler Breeze. All four of these guy's are main event material, championship material , I don't care what anyone say's and to be honest after last night I don't think anyone can argue with that. There was no single stand out, they all stole the show and did an amazing job. Once again I was so amazed by Tyler Breeze but then again he was my personal favriout going into the match. I was so excited from start to finish, it was left on the edge of your seat and wanting more and I have to admit I did get a little too into it...once again sorry neighbours. I thought it was a strong strong match and I'm going as far to say not only was it my match of the year but probably one of the best fatal four way matches I have ever seen. These guy's all made their mark last night and I was particularity impressed with Tyson Kidd. I was really disappointed with the ending just because I thought Zayn should of won for obvious reasons. I do think this opens a lot of doors for Neville and Zayn and a feud between those two and the same goes for Breeze and Tyson. I could of just watched those four battle it out for hours and hours all night! I was so happy they got a solid half an hour and it was amazing, every single second was spent wisely, the crowd loved it, everyone at home loved and well hands up to WWE they got this so right last night. Everything about it was right and well,the full review for that match will be up on Sunday.
Should Renee Young join RAW commentary team?
 http://talkwrestlingworld.blogspot.co.uk/2014/09/should-renee-young-join-raw-commentary.html

Get to know Charlotte:
http://talkwrestlingworld.blogspot.co.uk/2014/09/get-to-know-charlotte.html

Comments

Popular Posts