Why Roman Reigns is not ready to main event

Hey guy's and welcome back to my blog. I have another little opinionated post today. I started doing these last week and they turnt out to be a big hit with you guy's and as I mentioned before I really do enjoy doing these and want to get done as many as I can throughout a week. I will leave the link's to the other three post's I have done at the end of this one so you can check those out if you aint done so already. You can also let me know what you think/what your opinions are about today's topic and  what you would like to see up next on the blog by leaving a comment bellow or tweeting me at @TezangiVictoria.

So today's topic is something I have been talking about over and over again for months on end, and I'm sure everyone is sick and tired of hearing be talk about it but I had to get out what I really think and why I think it; so today I have for you my, Why Roman Reigns is not ready to main event post. Now I have been wanting to do this post for a long long time but I felt like I made enough comments about it on Twitter throughout pretty much every show and in almost ever single post about Reigns, well to be honest it's kinda been in every single post weather it be about Roman or about someone else. I know not everyone will agree with me and this is not (let me get it out their before the fan girls go all insane) factual and is just 100% opinionated....well I do have clear evidence to back up what I'm saying, but we wont get all serious now. Before I really get going I wanna quickly mention I recently did a Get to know Roman Reigns post witch I will leave the link too at the end so you can check that out if you haven't done so already, you guy's know the drill already. Right, Roman Reigns; I keep getting asked, are you fan of Reigns? Why don't like you him? Why are you so negative about him? Do you think he's main event material? What do you really think? and so much more! Well today I plan on answering all those questions in one go. First of all yes, I'm 100% a Roman Reigns fan. I think he has so much potential, on paper he sounds like the perfect wrestler, he has something about him and well I'm female, of course I do have one heck of smile on my face when this rather dashing man is on my TV, I think we all know that already. I've loved watching him grow as a character, performer and wrestler from he's FCW days and I think it's gonna be great to see him develop even more of the years, because let's face it, there is so much more left for to see of him and so much more improving he is going to be doing. My problem is how the WWE have gone about with him and he's all round talent as a pro wrestler. As soon as the Shield were brought together it was clear who was going to be the company's golden boy. Reigns just ticks all the boxes and as I mentioned before on paper sounds like the perfect man for the job and the company. He's a pretty good height (not the tallest of men in the business but a good height) at 6 ft 3, he has a nice solid weight of 265 lbs exact, has a great body as a result, toned and well built, has the long hair, the tattoos, a big family history of wrestlers, very athletic, sports background, the list goes on and on. I think the first time the WWE universe got to see him on the main roster as part of the Shield everyone was amazed and knew he was going to be one to watch in the upcoming weeks,months and years and was clearly going to have one heck of a career in the WWE. Throughout he's time in the Shield Reigns was pushed more than both Rollins and Ambrose. Being referred to constantly as the "power house" and the "leader" of the faction. He would pick up most wins for the team including their first match at TLC back in 2012 when they faced the team of Ryback, Daniel Bryan and Kane when he made the cover on Bryan. He would also go on to win the tag team championships alongside fellow faction member Seth Rollins, be the only member of the team to beat CM Punk, at Survivor Series 2013, he would go on to be the last member of he's team in the traditional elimination match and would eliminate the last guy's left on the opposite team single handily and also managing to make the most eliminations in the whole match up. Then at the Royal Rumble this year he would break the record and eliminate twelve superstars beating Kane's record of eleven.  And of course he recently got a clean win over Randy Orton at the second biggest PPV of the year, Summer Slam. To go a little further back he also won a triple threat match against Dean Ambrose and Seth Rollins back in FCW. With all that and more to he's name you would think he was the perfect superstar and is destine to be amazing and even a future hall of famer, but over the past two years several things have frustrated me about Reigns and continue to do so. Now there is no doubt in my mind he will improve and regardless he will go on to become WWE champion and be named one of the best superstars in WWE. He's already massively over with the crowd/fans and the company clearly love him, but he is far from ready to be a main event star and especially WWE champion. The one thing that I keep mentioning is he's move set. It's so weak and limited. I'm so bored of seeing the same stuff from Reigns week after week. There's nothing new, it's like the five moves of doom, I hate to say it but it's like Cena 2.0. Now before I carry on I need to mention how it's evident that WWE plan on making him the next big baby face of the company and he potentially will become the Cena of a new generation in the sense he will have similar  legacy and we will see a lot of things done with Reigns as we have seen done with Cena. If were honest we do need someone to fill the gap for when Cena does eventually leave, but is Roman the right person for the job? So far it appears so and only time will continue to tell. Back to he's move set. Now the moves he is doing are done pretty well and I always love seeing him hit that spear just because he does it so well, pretty much to perfection. But it's always the same moves. I also think when he does try something different, the moves can be over done and a little messy. It's the same with he's selling, now I'm not expecting Ziggler or Rollins level of selling but I do think he can either really over do it or really under sell. It's because of all this I feel like he's matches are very predictable. It's like before they even get going I know the result, How the end of the match will go and how exactly he would pick up the win. They always feel rehearsed,planned and very predictable. Another thing I'm sure the whole world is sick of me going on about is he's mic skills. Once again I aint expecting Bray or Ambrose level, but the WWE are trying to push him as a main event/ championship star and to have that to your name you have to have the full package and mic skills are so important and it's something I personally always judge and can really love and change my opinions on a wrestler completely. Roman has been weak on the mic from the get go but I have to admit over the course of two year's he's really really improved and is much more conformable and all round better on the mic than he was back when the Shield first started out. It was clear at the begging it was Ambrose and Rollins who would do most of the talk on the mic however as time went on Reigns did slowly start doing more on the mic and getting better. But there is still so much more work to do. Whenever he's on the mic it always feel's as though he is thinking through what he needs to say and once again feels very planned. He lack's character when he speaks also and feels very slow. I still think he needs to get more comfortable on the mic and need's to relax more as well. All round I don't think he is ready to main event. He lacks basic skill on both the mic and in the ring. We need to see him do more basic moves and we need to all round see more from him in the ring and he has a lot of work to do on the mic. I also think he should spend some time character building. Discovering  who Roman Reigns is as a character and working on that. I really do think he would benefit from going down to the performance centre and doing some work in the ring and working on mic/promo skills. He's clearly a quick learner and picks up thing's very quickly so if he was to spend more time down there we would see improvements very quick. There has been talk of him being the one to challenge Lesnar if Cena fails at Night of champion. Now this just seem's like the worse decision ever. Reigns is not ready for such a challenge at all and would give a push he for sure does not need. I think what they should do with him is give him anew feud, one that does not involve Randy Orton what so ever because I think the whole world are getting bored of these two and their feud. Work on character development, ring skills and mic skill and I think around Royal Rumble next year or even Wrestlemania would be the perfect time for him to become the champ and the face of the company. That way he will be able to improve, prove the doubters, not haters doubter wrong and come on what better time is there to become champ than at Wrestlemania and maybe even a Rumble win, witch would make so much sense after he's amazing performance at this years Rumble. So I say, get him in some good feuds before next year, build him up and give him the title next year in the lead up to or actually at Wrestlemania. But what do you think? Let me know by leaving a comment bellow or tweeting me at @TezangiVictoria.

Get to know Roman Reigns:
http://talkwrestlingworld.blogspot.co.uk/2014/08/get-to-know-roman-reigns.html

Why I would love to see Ronda Rousey come to WWE:
http://talkwrestlingworld.blogspot.co.uk/2014/08/why-id-love-to-see-ronda-rousey-come-to.html

Why Natalya should be the next divas Champion: 
http://talkwrestlingworld.blogspot.co.uk/2014/08/why-natalya-should-be-next-divas.html

Comments

Popular Posts