Superstar of the week: Cesaro

Hey everyone and welcome back to my blog, it's Sunday and time for my superstar of the week post. Two week's ago we saw NXT superstar Adrian Neville climb to the top and be named by superstar of the week; I will leave the link to that and yesterday's top five of the week post at the end of this one so you can check those out if you haven't done so already. You can also let me know who your superstar of the week is by leaving a comment bellow or tweeting me at @TezangiVictoria.

So this week see's the king of swing himself as my superstar of the week. Remember this week I'm looking at the past two week's including Night Of champions. When I looked back over the past thew week's it was clear to me who was going to be claiming the number one spot. Cesaro by far has been a stand out in every single match he has been in. As we all know he has been working a feud with Sheamus for the United States championship, I was slow with getting into this feud. They have already collided this year and feuded for the championship so I didn't and still don't see the point in having them go at it again. However I do think that they could, if the WWE put more into their feud and paid more attention to it they could have one heck of a feud and could steal any show easily. Their both main event stars and should not be stuck in the mid card section of the roster, but with the time they have gotten on screen and in the ring the two have done amazingly and worked it to their best. For me however it has been Cesaro by far who has owned this feud. He's been working he's character down to a T and added that extra something to the whole thing. He really has kept this feud alive and kept me watching, being interested in it. One the last RAW before Night of champions Cesaro teamed up with Gold and Stardust to face Sheamus and the Usos in six man tag team competition where he was a stand out in the match alongside Stardust. He kept the feud going once again in the match and did really well in the match. On Smackdown that week, he teamed up with The Miz to face of course Sheamus and Dolph Ziggler. Once again it was Cesaro who was the stand out for me and worked well with The Miz on the night to be fair.
Then last Sunday at the Night Of Champions PPV Cesaro went head to head with Sheamus for the United States championship. This was by far the match of the night. These two completely stole the show. What I loved was the high level and mixture of actual wrestling and brawling. The physicality of this match was insane and these two sold their storyline better than anyone else on the night. There was no actual stand out because both of them did amazing and it was once hundred percent equal. However for me I enjoyed watching Cesaro a lot lot more. I'm just more a fan of he's move set than I am Sheamus. I honestly believe he has it all and there's no limit to what he can do in the ring. The match was a good length and was by far the match of the night with both of them hitting great spot's. The only disappointment was Sheamus winning and retaining the championship. A lot of people including myself believed that Cesaro should of be crowned the new United States champ. To be honest I don't quit understand why they still have Sheamus as the champ and not Cesaro. It would of made a lot more sense to have Cesaro hold the title, they could of done a lot lot more with him holding it creatively and had some great storyline's. As I said it before, he's far from being mid card and should be right at the top main eventing in the line for a WWE championship shot but we all know that aint gonna happen any time soon, so it would of made much more sense to have Cesaro with the championship and actually Sheamus would be better off without the championship and they could do more with Sheamus with him not having the title around he's waist. With Cesaro they could of done a feud with him and Jack Swagger witch we all know why it would of made so much more sense. I keep saying it but their need's to be importance re-stored into championships in the WWE and a feud with Swagger and Cesaro for the gold would of done just that and more.
The following night on RAW Cesaro once again teamed up with the new tag team champion Gold and Stardust to face Sheamus and The Usos, Witch led me to believe that they were carrying on with their feud but after Friday I'm not sure sure what their doing with Cesaro and Sheamus. Anyway this match was pretty good, I struggled to get into it because I was so tired but yeah I thought it was a solid match. I do think it went on for too long and was a bit much but it was decent match and once again Cesaro did amazing.
Finally on Smackdown Cesaro was involved in a over the top battle royal where the winner would go on later on in the night to face IC champ Dolph Ziggler. Cesaro had an outstanding performance and managed to eliminate Kofi Kingston and Jack Swagger to pick up the win. Later on in the night Cesaro went one on one with Ziggler for the Intercontinental championship.I really got into this match actually and thought it was pretty good. If you gave these two half and hour in the ring they would blow your mind and easily give us a match of the year, main event style match. Even though it was a great match and I really enjoyed it I didn't get it. I didn't see the point in any of it, it just feel's like the WWE have no idea what to do with either of them and the IC championship. But I still think it was a strong one on one match and it has been a great couple of week's for Cesaro. But what do you think? Who is your superstar of the week? Let me know by leaving a comment bellow or tweeting me at @TezangiVictoria.



Superstar of the week Adrian Neville:
http://talkwrestlingworld.blogspot.co.uk/2014/09/superstar-of-week-adrian-neville.html

Top Five Superstars of the week:
http://talkwrestlingworld.blogspot.co.uk/2014/09/top-5-superstars-of-week.html

Comments

Popular Posts