Should Renee Young join RAW Commentary team?

Hey everyone and welcome back to my blog. I have something a little new today and it's a post I have been waiting to write for a while now. Remember you can let me know what you think of today's topic by leaving a comment bellow or tweeting me at @TezangiVictoria.

Today were taking a different root and looking at the announce team, something I have really wanted to talk about for a long time now but just haven't got around to getting all my thoughts together and typing it up. So I'm focusing on Renee Young today, I do plan on having a look at the other new talent and potential announcers at some point but for today it's Renee Young. I have to admit I have mixed opinions on her. On the one hand I'm a big big fan of her work. I thinks she's a great addition to the WWE, she's young, good looking, amazing at her job and I genuinely believe she is one of the best female interviewers the WWE has ever had. She has something that the other's have never had. It's nice to see a women in the business who is honestly, genuinely interested in the business, take's it seriously and appears to be a big fan witch of course is a big bonus! There's also the huge work ethic she has that I admire so so much. I think she's a great inspiration, main for women who want to get in to the business. She show's that the job's considered to be for men a women can do just as good and is the perfect person to show that women can chase after exactly the same thing's as men in the business and I really do love that about her.On the other hand their are small thing's about her that really frustrate me a little or should I say annoy's me. For example the "I wanna bang the crap out of you" look she tends to give out every time we see her, I've moaned about this a thew time's on twitter but it really is distracting and slightly annoying. There's also her voice, if any of you watch NXT or Superstars you will be very aware of Renee's commentary skills. I do think she's one of if not the best female commentator to come into the WWE but I have to admit that after a while her voice does get very annoying and her commentary isn't the very best, when you compare it to Tom Phillips for example. This move's me onto what I need to talk about next, so as I just mentioned Renee started off commentating for NXT every other week or so and I have to admit that at first I didn't like it at all. I thought it sounded too different and well I flat out just didn't like hearing her voice that much, witch sounds kinda rude but I've got so used to hearing male voice's it does feel pretty strange hearing a females voice. Now I sound sexist too but hopefully you all get what I mean. Anyway, as she began making more regular appearance on the announce team I began to really get used to her  and I could hear big big improvements. She bring's something new to the announce team. She bring's a good female view of what's going on witch is good because of how wide the audience for WWE is now, witch Triple H mentioned in one of he's weekly interviews with Michael Cole witch you can watch on the WWE's official YouTube channel every Wednesday and no, not for just 9.99. She also has a great sense of humour and character and she brings a breath of fresh air to the team and something new to what we are used to hearing. She was recently promoted to commentating for Superstars, where I have to admit she's doing a pretty good job, I still prefer hearing Tom, I think he's the strongest of the new bunch to be honest; but she's a great and as I just said is a breath of fresh air brining something different and good to the show. Now there has been Rumours lately that Renee Young will be joining the RAW commentary team. I don't know how true these rumours are but I'm gonna talk about it anyway. I really do think this is very very likely. The company love her and the respect she has gotten from the WWE has been amazing and she has by far been the fasted rising female interviewer/commentator in WWE history and she deserves it 100%. Once again I'm split on how I feel about this. A part of me think's this is not a good idea what so ever. Let's be honest, we're so used to hearing a typical voice and sound from the commentary team on the main roster. Renee is far from sounding anything like Cole, Jerry and JBL. She commentates differently, her voice is very different and of course the style she works in is very different to what we are used to hearing, and let's face it, pro wrestling, especially WWE fans, are very very hard to please. How will the more hardcore and lifelong fan's react to her being a full time RAW commentator? How will the WWE universe react to hearing and having something completely different? How much will her joining the announce team change what is said, how it works and what goes on around the announce team when matches are going on and when they get out of hand? Commentators are from being safe, would the WWE put her at risk by being so close to the action? And to be honest I have no idea how certain fan's would react to having a female on the announce team. I worry I'd get really annoyed with hearing her voice over and over again and fifteen minuets in the show mute my TV. But, on the other hand I think it would be a great move for the WWE to make. Everything I just said work's in her favour also. Being a women myself, I admire Renee for what she does and what she brings to the WWE. She has changed a lot of people's idea about females doing what she does and has personally changed my opinion on female interviewers and commentators. It's so nice to see a women in the business who is hear to do what she does and love's doing what it is she is doing. As I mentioned earlier I think she would bring that female point of view that the WWE announce team is missing, and I think she would be a big big hit with many fan's as she already is. I'd love to see a new face on the commentary team and a female face and voice is amazing. She understands how the company work's and has a genuine love and passion for it. But I do think this would be a big big risk for the WWE to make. It really could go either way, if it goes well it will go really well and be one of the best decisions they have made in a long time; if it goes wrong however, it could and would go terribly wrong and could be one of the biggest mistakes they have ever made. Personally I thinks he should join the Smackdown announce team first too see how it goes. That way the fans can get used to hearing her and seeing more of her work, weekly on a show seen by fans all over the world and see what the reaction is like. I've said it before that I think Smackdown should have a whole new announce team and with Tom joining a couple of week's back I think him, Renee and Alex Riley would be perfect for the job. They could also try having her on Main event, witch seems to be pretty big and it will help her get used to commentating live. Let's take a look at what Renee has done so far since joining the WWE. Well she's been a backstage and in ring interviewer, commentated for both Superstars and NXT, hosted several shows for WWE including the "The Score" and Right after wrestling, been apart of the Fall out and kick off shows for main roster PPV and NXT live shows, she doe's the Total Divas after show and the JBL and Cole show on YouTube, and this year was apart of the 2K15 panel at Summer Slam.She has been a big hit so far and is well spoken of by JBL, Michael Cole, Triple H and Paul Heyman. She work's well with everyone, other commentators, interviewers, wrestlers and fans and I think a lot of the new women coming into the business to do what she is doing would really learnt a lot from her and I think she allows women who want to do what she does to give someone to look up to and use as inspiration, showing it can actually happen. i love how she hasn't tried to be a diva and has stuck to what she does being different and I love that! Next week I will be doing a get to know Renee Young post witch will be up on Wednesday. Back to the topic, and I have said it time and time again the WWE need to sort out their announce team and the RAW and Smackdown commenting team need's to be sorted out. I'd love to see Regal commentate for Raw more than anything in the world and I wont be satisfied until I'm hearing he's voice every Monday but that's a whole different post. With so much new talent for the announce team is Renee Young right for the job? You can let me know what you think by leaving a comment bellow or tweeting me at @TezangiVictoria.

Comments

Popular Posts