NXT Review And Reactions

Hello everyone and welcome back to Talk Wrestling World, I hope your all well. This year I will be adding much more posts to my regular uploads and I mentioned in this in a previous post. This month is women's month as you all know and I have been uploading daily posts for the series, but I also mentioned that even when it's topic month I will still e uploading my regular posts and any added extras as you will see. Today's post is another Review and Reactions. This week I added my Main Event Review and Reactions to the regular uploads and I will now also be adding NXT Review and reactions to the regular posts. From next week this post will be up on the Thursday because of the time changes to the show. You can let me know what YOU thought of last nights show by leaving a comment bellow or by tweeting me at @TezangiVictoria. Finally, I will also be leaving the links bellow to any recent posts so you can stay up to date.


Last night's episode of NXT kick started with the return of NXT Champion, Sami Zayn. Zayn had not been on NXT TV since Takeover R Evolution after the brutal attack from former friend Kevin Ownes during the post match celebration. Of course the crowd went insane for Zayn (see what I did there?) giving him a standing ovation and roar of cheers, screams and god knows what else. Sami too celebrated, walking out into the crowd and had another good old celebration,this time without Ownes ruining it. Once everything had calmed down a little and Zayn was in the ring he began with the cheesy speech (witch he admitted himself was cheesy), thanking the NXT universe and claiming it was there's/ours just as much as it is he's,witch everyone wants to hear. This really did remind me of the Daniel Bran post match speech on the RAW after Wrestlemania last year and really made me realise, Sami Zayn is going to be huge when he goes up to the main roster if he's treated right, and we are looking at the next huge baby face, the next Daniel Bryan and can you imagine the type of match these two could and would have in the ring on  the main roster? Adrian Neville soon came out to address Sami and congratulate him once again, in return Zayn highlighted that Neville had a rightful re-match with would then bring the presence of my favourite WWE and fellow Brit, William Regal. Regal, AKA NXT GM, announced that next week Zayn and Neville would go one on one in a re-match for the NXT Championship. We all know this is going to be another truly amazing match up. These guys have put on some of the best matches in NXT and WWE history and this one will just be another to add to the list. I will b writing up a post on why I think the NXT championship should be defended at Wrestlemania so keep an eye out for the link to that.


Hideo Itami VS Curtis Axel 
The first match up of the night saw Hideo Itami take on former tag team and Intercontinental champion Curtis Axel. I could not be more happy with this match. During my NXT series a thew months ago I wrote up a post discussing who I think would benefit from going and working down in NXT and Curtis Axel was one of the first superstars in the list. There is honestly no other superstar on the main roster who I think needs NXT more than Curtis Axel. He's an extremely talented guy but because of stars like Roman Reigns, Dean Ambrose, Bray Wyatt and Seth Rollins he get's very overshadowed and there's practically no place for him. He also struggles a lot with connecting with the WWE universe and of course character. Going down to NXT will help him so much in all these areas. He will be able to work on character, show more character and also get to finally showcase just how good he is in the ring,  just look at what going down to NXT did for Tyson Kidd. I look forward to seeing more of him in NXT. The match last night was okay. I don't think either of them gave it their all. They could of shown and done a lot lot more, their both so much more talented than what we got to see last night but that was mainly down to the fact that they didn't have much time in the ring last night, I keep saying NXT needs to be a two hour show and I hope that is something that changes some time this year. I have to admit I was disappointed by the ending but it was Hideo who got the win of course, I wasn't expecting anything else, Hideo needs the win much more at the moment but we will be seeing much better performances from Axel in NXT in the up coming months.


Sasha Banks VS Alexa Bliss
The second up match up of the night was a divas match between Sasha Banks and Alexa Bliss. I talk about both these girls all the time on my blog and on twitter. I'm a huge fan of both of them, I think they will both go on to do amazing things on the main roster and have bright bright futures. I actually put Alexa in my top fifteen superstars to watch in twenty fifteen post (witch I will leave the link to bellow) and so did WWE themselves. Even though we haven't seen that much of her in the ring what we have seen of her has been amazing and seriously impressive. Last night these girls didn't disappoint, just like the other matches, they didn't get long in the ring but they both had some great spots and got to show off a little. Once again Alexa surprised us all and proved she is defiantly one to watch in two thousand and fifteen. But it was Banks who stole the show again, picking up a clean win over Bliss and re-gaining some momentum after loosing to NXT women's champion Charlotte on three separate occasions.


Tyler Breeze VS Chad Gable
Last night saw the return of Tyler Breeze after he was out of action for a while on vacation. He took on former Olympic wrestler, Chad Gable. Surprisingly the crowd were really split. Half we're cheering on Breeze and half would be on the side of newbie  Chad Gable. Once again this was another short match so the two guy's didn't get to showcase too much but I enjoyed this little match a lot, I don't know about you. I thought Gable was very very impressive! I was not expecting that the performance from him we got what so ever, he really did surprise me and I would love to see more from him just by seeing the little things from last night that he did. However, despite a good fight it was Breeze who scored the win of course.


The Lucha Dragons VS The Vaudevillians 
Finally, the main event of the night saw the NXT tag team championships be defended as the Lucha dragons took on the Vaudevillians in a NXT Takeover R Evolution re-match. I'm so glad this match happened. I mentioned in my Takeover review and reactions posts I was disappointed with the match
on that night and  I thought it could of been much much better. Last nights match was well and truly much much better. All four superstars got the time to have their individual moments and all had some great spots. Simon Gotch is growing on my slowly, I have mentioned so many times on my blog and on twitter that I'm just not the biggest fan of he's and I just don't believe in him half as much as I do Aiden English. Once again English did have the better performances of the two while the Lucha dragons where split in my opinion. The titles didn't change hands last night after a great match.


Next week NXT moves to Wednesday nights! The following matches have been announced for the show:

Baron Corbin VS Bull Dempsey
These two have been competing to be the best of their kind for months now and finally, next week the two will collide as they go one on one for the first time!

Tyson Kidd VS Finn Balor
Kid and Balor have already had a great match and have met in the ring on a number of occasions, next week they meet again in what is set to be a great match.

Sami Zayn VS Adrian Neville
Next week Sami Zayn will have he's first title defence when he takes on former champ Adrian Neville in their NXT Takeover R Evolution re-match.

Top 20 womens matches of the past 5 years part 2
Who to watch in 2015

Comments

Popular Posts