WWE Main Event Review and Reactions

Hello everyone and welcome back to Talk Wrestling World, I hope your are all well. It's Wednesday and time for my Main Event Review and Reactions. You would of seen last week that from now on I will be uploading main event review and reactions every week as part of my new posts for this year. You would of seen last year I only reviewed pay per views and RAW but I wanted to shake things up a little and writ as often as much as I can for you. Now, today's post is a little late going up because I've been really ill all day and I didn't even know if I was going to be able to get this uploaded today, so I hope you don't mind it being a little late. Remember this week is my last week in Women's Month and next week I will start uploading my Royal Rumble predictions, I honestly cannot believe how quickly this month has gone already. I will leave the links bellow to any recent posts including my RAW and Total divas  review and reactions and last weeks main event review so you can stay all up to date. Finally, you can let me know what YOU thought of last nights show by leaving a comment bellow or by tweeting me at @TezangiVictoria.


Last nights show was hosted by JBL and Tom Phillips, last week I uploaded a post all about how I feel about the changes to the announce team and I will also leave the link to that post bellow, but I wasn't happy with the announce team choices last night. I loved that Tom is doing it, I think he's the perfect man for the job and I'm glad they actually have him hosting a show still aside from Superstars, but I was not happy to see JBL alongside him. It frustrates me so much that he and Cole are hosting two shoes and pay per view shows. The WWE universe need to get used to hearing new commentary voices and there are plenty of talent down in NXT they could use. Renee Young would of been great to work with Tom, the two do a great job on Superstars every week, but there's also Corey Graves, Alex Riley and even if they wanted Tom to host the show with some with more experience there's always William Regal and Jason Albert who would also be great for the job.


Gold and Stardust VS Los Matadores 
The first match of the night saw Gold and Stardust take on Los Matadores. In my opinion this was one of the weaker matches of the night. Last nights show wasn't the best but it did have some great matches, all tag team by the way, but I just felt this match fell a little flat compared to the rest, but it was a nice little starter. It was also announced during this match that Gold and Stardust would be entering the Royal Rumble match on the twenty fifth of January. Personally, I'd love to see Cody come back on the night. It would be the perfect time to bring him back to life and also kick start a feud between him and Goldust. Yes, it would be a little strange and they would need a strong storyline to back it up but it could work. But then again there's a part of me that wants to see what crazy old Stardust is going to do in the match and also a loss in the Royal Rumble could spark a strong feud between the dust brothers. Last night was not a great night for the former tag team champions however as with the help of El Torito, Los Matadores was able to pick up the win. 


The Ascension VS local Athletes 
Up next the Ascension were in another squash match to put them over. I tweeted out earlier that Tom really did hit the nail on the head last night. The Ascension don't get to choose who they go up against, so people making comments on how they are just facing local athletes because their not great wrestlers and there's nothing from them creatively is a load of garbage. The WWE and many other promotions do this regularly, they did it with Ryback for example, it's just a way to help build a superstar or tag team and slating them for it is ridiculous because they don't get to choose who they face neither do they decide how they are styled or what they say in promos, and so it really frustrates me that people and past wrester's think they can judge them on that and when it's not their fault. Last night was a much better performance from the two. They got longer in the ring witch meant they got to show much more. Konnor was the stand out, taking things outside the ring and stepping thing up a little. Of course the Ascension won the match. Another thing I quickly want to rant about is JBL's commentary for the Ascension. He's suppose to be the heel commentator yet he talks terribly for the heel tag team. What?

Rusev VS Justin Gabriel 
We then had the only singles match of the night as Rusev took on Justin Gabriel. Rusev has had an amazing amazing year on the WWE main roster and if I'm honest I think he's going to have an even better twenty fifteen. I think he's too much of strong talent to screw up so early one he's career. At this point I just think it's about keeping him in the eye of the WWE universe and keeping him relevant so that the feud between him and Ryback can continue when Ryback is back in action. Of course Ruse got the win. 


The New Day VS Adam Rose, Cesaro and Tyson Kidd
The final match of the night saw the New day take on Tyson Kidd, Cesaro and Adam Rose. This was actually a really really good match and I really enjoyed it, witch I wasn't expecting. I think what it boils down to is all six of these guys are amazing amazing talented with so much potential but at the same time are extremely underrated and underused. This is why I love products/shows like Main event, Superstars and NXT because they all allow those underutilized talents to shine and have their moment. Last night these six guys just owned it. Every single one of them had their time in the spotlight, however I do think it would of been nice to see  a little more of Tyson Kidd but he still got he's little moment. In my opinion it was Big E and Xavier Woods who stole the show ad stood out the most. Big E did a freaking suicide Dive! How can he not be a stand out. Xavier Woods really really has been impressing me over the past couple of weeks or so. You all know I'm far form a fan of he's but he's been so much improvement in the ring it's crazy and I have to give it to him he's really doing a great job, he's selling and all round wrestling ability has improved massively. The New day scored the win and also got another great crowd reaction. I think at first it was just about the fans connecting with the idea and the faction and now they are showing to be a legit, strong group their becoming more of a hit with the WWE universe. 

Comments

Popular Posts