Top 20 Women's Matches Of the Past 5 Years pt1

Hello everyone and Welcome back to Talk Wrestling World. I hope you all having a great start to the new year and you are ready for twenty fifteen here on Talk Wrestling World to really get started. Now, as I mentioned in a previous post witch I will leave the link to bellow, this year I want to dedicated every two months to a particular subject or topic. To kick start the new year, January is officially women's month here on my blog witch means this whole month we will be dedicating this blog to the women of the world of professional wrestling. Today's post is all about my top twenty women's matches of the past five years. This post will be in two parts with part one focusing on numbers twenty to eleven and part two focusing on numbers ten to one.This post will only feature matches from the WWE Divas division and the TNA Knockouts division, however if you would like to see an Indy's version then do let me know before the end of the month. I will leave the links bellow to any recent post so you can keep all up to date. Finally you can let me know what YOUR best women's matches are of the past five years by leaving a comment bellow or by tweeting me at @TezangiVictoria.

 20)Natalya VS Kaitlyn ( NXT 26/3/2013)
Kicking off my top twenty women's matches of the past five years is the one on one match up between Natalya and Kaitlyn at the NXT show on the twenty sixth of March in two thousand and thirteen. This is a match I haven't really spoken much about both on twitter and here on my blog, mainly because I only watched this match at the beginning of  two thousand and fourteen so there was never really a right time to make a post about it or to start talking about just how much I loved it. Anyway, I think it's more than safe to say this was one of Kaitlyn's best matches in the WWE and she had a handful of great match ups. This one has always stuck in my mind because I just think the two worked so well in the ring together. They just managed to compliment each others styles so well and they matches each others speed and strength almost perfectly. There was a good crowd and a great setting and these two simply brought. This was also, one of those matches were Natalya just proved why she is one of the best female wrestlers around and how underused she is by the WWE and on the main roster. If you haven't seen this match it's defiantly worth checking out.

19) Gail Kim VS Havok 
Up next at number nineteen in my top twenty women's matches of the past five years is one of the most recent matches in the list, the match up between all time great Gail Kim and Indy Girl Havok. If you are not aware of Havok and her work before TNA then please make sure you go and YouTube her or something because she's absolutely amazing and a great all round performer and wrestler. I was so happy to hear that Havok was joining the TNA Knockouts roster. I had my doubts at first but I just tried to look at the positives and hope for the best, and I was glad that her fan base was about to extend a little more. I have to admit I wasn't too struck on the styling but everything else was perfect and I was happy with how she was being used. The match up between Havok and Gail that took place on the first of October was just great in my opinion. They both had a strong performance and it was a strong match for Havok to have early into her TNA career. For me, personally, it was great being able to see two of my all time fave female wrestlers go at it and at the same time main event.

18) Angelina Love VS Madison Rayne 
Coming in at number eighteen in my top twenty best women's matches of the past five years is Angelina Love VS Madison Rayne at Victory Road 2010 for the Knockouts Championship. I have to admit that before this match I wasn't a big fan of Madison Rayne, now I'm a huge fan of hers and I have been for a while now, but prior to this match I wasn't really a fan at all to be honest. As for Angelina, I have pretty much always been a fan of hers, to this day even. I think she has given a lot to TNA and the Knockouts division and she has also played a huge role out side of TNA in the wrestling scene. This match is a match up that has always stood out for me and one that I have always remembered and it was always going to be in my top twenty somewhere. A great match between to iconic women in the business.

17) The Bella Twins and Paige VS Emma, Charlotte and Alicia Fox (House show)
Up next at number seventeen in my top twenty women's matches of the past five years is actually a house show. Now, I know this is probably going to get a little hate, mainly because it's a house show and many of you probably haven't seen the match  but it's easy to watch just type the match into YouTube and you will find it straight away. I remember just browsing a couple of weeks ago and stumbling across this match and watching. I did tweet about it so you can go and see it there also if you look back on my tweets from a couple of weeks ago. Anyway, this was a great match between six amazingly talented divas. What I loved about this match was how it allowed every single diva to showcase their talents and prove they are all extremely talented girls.Everyone got to show off their skills and got a fair amount of time in the ring. The crowd were strong and the time they actually got in the ring was perfect and enough for them to showcase enough and put on a great match. We all judge the Bella twins and to be honest all the other divas on the main roster but this match proved its all about booking and the actual time they get in the ring because this was a great match its a shame they couldn't have it on either RAW or Smackdown or even a Pay per view.

16) Brittany VS Mia Yim
Coming in at number sixteen in my top twenty women's matches of the past five years is Brittany VS Mia Yim. I have mentioned several times both here on my blog and on Twitter how much of a fan I am of Mia Yim. I thinks she's the perfect role model and an amazing pro wrestlers. I have also mentioned on several occasions how much I am not a fan of Brittany at all! However, I cannot deny how amazing this match was. This is a prime example of perfect booking. These are two girls with different styles who however managed to put on an outstanding match up.At the end of it I still wasn't a fan of Brittany but I had a lot of respect for her as in ring performer/wrestler after it. It was a strong back and fourth match with some great spots. Both girls got to showcase their skills to the best and even though I wasn't all that struck on the ending I thought it was a great match anyway.


15) Natalya VS AJ Lee 
At number fifteen is the TLC two thousand and thirteen divas match up for the championship between Natalya and AJ Lee. Now, I'm a huge fan of both of these divas and so I was hopeing they would get a good amount of time in the ring to be able to show off their skills and they got just that. Yes, I would of loved them to have a little longer in the ring but the match was longer than most divas matches now days so I can't moan too much. Over the past couple of years these girls have had some great matches against each other so it was difficult choosing witch one was my personal favourite and in the end I went with this one. I just think this match was the stronger of the lot. They both got to show a lot in the ring and even though a good chunk of the match was dominated by AJ I still think Natalya got to show off a lot too. The crowd were pretty weak but that's all you can expect from a main roster crowd anyway. This was a strong matches between two of the WWE's best divas at the moment and I hope they get to have another match like this, if not better, in the future.

14) Madison Rayne VS Brittany 
Coming in at number fourteen is the one on one match up between Madison Rayne and Brittany. I know I have already said I'm not a fan of Brittany and this her second entrant but she really isn't that bad of a wrestler and she has honestly put on some amazing matches in TNA and this is by far one of her very best. I loved this match and I remember watching it and being very very impressed once again. And as for Madison Rayne, she has (over the years) became one of my all time fave TNA knockouts and together they showed decent chemistry in the ring but most importantly put on a truly amazing match up

13)Charlotte VS Bayley 
In at number thirteen is an NXT divas match, and this one is the match that took place at NXT Takeover fatal four way between Bayley and Charlotte for the NXT Women's championship. Last year WWE's developmental territory, NXT, put on some of the best divas matches of all time and this was one of them. Most of you will probably remember me saying before this match that I was not the biggest of fans of Bayley. It was mainly her gimmick  that I wasn't a fan of but after this match I became the biggest Bayley fan, regardless of how I felt about the gimmick. I was beyond impressed of both of this divas, especially Bayley, She did stuff in the ring that night that I had no idea she was capable of doing what so ever. They got a good, lengthy time in the ring and managed to showcase so much and the respect at the end from Charlotte really made this match that much better.

12) Emma VS Paige
At number twelve in my top twenty women's matches of the past five years is one of my all time favourite NXT divas matches, between Emma and Paige to determine the first ever NXT Women's champion. This was one of the first matches I ever saw of Emma and when I first saw her coming down the ramp I wasn't expecting much but what an amazing performance from both girls. This was the match that proved that the women of NXT are the ones to watch. The wrestling ability between these two is insane and for two really young girls it's insane how much experience and skill they have between them. Another thing that made this match was the chemistry. These two have had some amazing matches against each other since arriving in the WWE and this was easily one of their very best and people will be talking about this for years to come.

11) AJ Lee VS Kaitlyn 
Finally, at number eleven in my top twenty women's matches of the past five years is a match that comes from one of the best divas feuds of recent years, AJ Lee VS Kaitlyn at the Payback pay per view in two thousand and thirteen. This match was just amazing in my eyes. These two had a great feud, one of the best divas feuds in recent years even, and they had many great matches during their feud but this one tops them all in my opinion. The chemistry they have in the ring is just un describable and that's what makes this such a great match. And another thing that made this match one of the best was the story telling. Neither of these girls went out of character for a single second during this match and they kept the storyline going throughout the match making it just amazing. This match just had it all, they went up top, it had the speed, the strength, counter after counter and an amazing win from AJ Lee.

Comments

Popular Posts