Top 5 Superstars Of The Week

Hello everyone and welcome back to Talk Wrestling World, I hope your all well. So it's Saturday witch of course mean's it's time for my top five superstars of the week. As you would of seen last week was the return of my top five and the first list of the year went up. I will of course leave the link bellow to that post so you can see who made the top five last week and most importantly the number one spot. This week's list will be judged from the past week from all shows including, Superstars, NXT, Main event, Smackdown and RAW. I have done review and reaction posts for most of these shows and I will of course leave the link to those down bellow also. Remember that next week there will be no top five as it's pay per view week and my predictions for the Royal Rumble pay per view will start going up on Monday so expect some changes to the upload days and times. I will leave any links bellow to any recent posts so you can stay all up to date and finally you can let me know who your superstar of the week is by leaving a comment bellow or by tweeting me at @TezangiVictoria.


5) The Miz
Kicking off this week's top five superstars of the week is the Miz. I have to admit, I really did struggle deciding who was going to be in this week's top five. Not many superstars and divas have stood out massively in comparison to last week. When I looked back at the win and loss records of the past seven days I have to acknowledge how well the Miz has been booked. You all know by now I'm far from a fan of The Usos and The and Damien Mizdow (as a tag  team) and so this little feud between the two teams is not working for me what so ever, but the Miz has dominated the tag team champions this week. On RAW he went one on one with one half of the current tag team champions, Jey Uso, the match was short and simple and nothing really stood out for me and made me want to jump up from my seat and clap with joy and excitement but it was vital in the build up for the Royal Rumble. Picking up a clean win, The Miz gained some much needed momentum. Then on Smackdown the Miz and Damien Mizdow teamed up with Alicia Fox to take on Naomi and the Usos. Once again the match was short and simple and I was actually pretty into  the match and after playing a huge role in the match once again it was the Miz who got the win for he's team, pinning Jimmy Uso (I believe). It was also announced that The Miz and Damien Mizdow will get another shot at the tag team championships next Sunday at the Royal Rumble Pay per view.


4) Tyson Kidd
Up next in this week's top five superstars of the week is Tyson Kidd. Everywhere I look this week Tyson Kidd has been there. Last week Tyson came very close to being in my top five but he just about didn't make due to a Smackdown victory from Sin Cara. However, this week he has for sure made it in the list. He kicked off the week on RAW when he was a lumberjack for the Seth Rollins/John Cena match up. Playing he's role perfectly Tyson started the night strong. Later on the show he would come out alongside wife Natalya for the divas match up between Paige and Brie Bella. He once again played another big role when he interfered costing Paige the match. He then received a nice slap across the face from the former two time divas champion but he put himself right in the spotlight again.The following night on Main Event he teamed up with Cesaro and Adam Rose to take on the New Day. I mentioned in my Main event review and reactions, witch I will leave the link to bellow also, that I thought this match was really really strong, in fact one of the best matches of the week. Tyson was a great contribute to the match and carried it really well. We then saw him open NXT as he took on Finn Balor, once again the link to my NXT Review and reactions will be bellow, this match was easily one of the best of the night and of the week again. Kidd may not have picked up the win but he dominate a good chunk of it and had so many strong, amazing spots in the match. Tyson is in so many storyline's right now and really is being put on our screens as much as the WWE can, I sense a strong year for Kidd.


3) Roman Reigns
Coming in at number three is last weeks superstar of the week, Roman Reigns. This has been another strong week for Reigns, not as strong as last weeks of course, but as the build up to both the Royal rumble Pay per view and Wrestlemania kick starts he has been at the for front of it. It's clear the WWE have big big plans heading into the biggest pay per view of the year, he has been the top the name to win the Royal Rumble and has been receiving push after push since he's return to action after spending several months out of the ring. This week the momentum build continued for Reigns as on Monday he took on Luke Harper in a quick one on one match. I mentioned during the week that this was no competition for Harper and if Reigns was not on the momentum build and booked to win than Harper would of walked this match easily. However, it was of course Reigns who got the clean win after a sharp spear to Harper. The feud between Roman and the big show also continued as Reigns had another promo for Show on RAW. Now, I moan about Reigns and he's mic work pretty much on a daily basis witch you all know already, however, one of the main reasons I had Roman at number one last week was because of the improvements he showed on the mic. But this wee was just another backwards step, the promo wasn't too bad but it was weak and highlighted everything I had been saying. On Smackdown he main evented again as he teamed up with Dean Ambrose and a returning Daniel Bryan to take on the Big show, Seth Rollins and Kane. Awesome match, and Reigns played a big role. The link to my Smackdown review and reactions will also be bellow.


2) Daniel Bryan
At number two this week in my top five superstars of the week and just missing out on the number one spot is Daniel Bryan. This was a huge week was for Daniel as he made he's in ring return after spending a massive nine months out of action due to a career threatening injury. On RAW he had a little segment with Stephanie McMahon witch went down really well with the WWE universe, including myself. Adding some heat to he's return match witch would take place on Thursday. Of course Bryan had the whole arena behind him and on every word he said. It was then announced that on Thursday he would be taking on Kane, and as Kane made he's way to the ring on RAW the two collided and I have to admit, I have never been so nervous for a superstar in my life! Every move he made he made me so nervous, but all was good and the heat was there ready for both Smackdown and the Royal Rumble. On Thursday he had he's return match as he went one on one with Kane in what was actually a strong match, However, things didn't quite go Bryan way as during the closing moments J&J security got involved setting up the main event of the night, witch saw Daniel Bryan team up with Roman Reigns and Dean Ambrose to take on the big show, Kane and Seth Rollins. Amazing main event witch Saw Bryan score the win for he's team.


1) Seth Rollins 
Finally, this weeks superstar of the week is Mr Money in the bank himself, Seth Rollins. Last week Rollins came in at number two after an amazing week, however this week has been even better. I have some posts planned on Rollins to come this week and in the next month or so, but this week Seth Rollins has proved he really is the future of the WWE and the company have every right to have their full potential in him. He has took control of yet another week. On RAW, he kick started the show when he took on John Cena in a lumberjack match. Dominating a good chunk of the match, Rollins, took control of another huge match, while picking up the win once again. Later on in the night he was apart of the contract signing for the WWE World Heavyweight championship match at the Royal Rumble pay per view. Owning the mic Rollins showed even more improvements to he's mic  work and dominated another area of the show. The closing moments saw Rollins on top again after curb stomping both John Cena AND Brock Lesnar. On Smackdown he main evented the show teaming with the big Show and Kane to take on Dean Ambrose, Roman Reigns and Daniel Bryan. He once again dominated a strong chunk of the match even though he was on the loosing side. He also, on the night, had a big segment with Paul Heyman where he really did take control. I feel like I sound like a broken record, but he really did the steal the show again, and I had no idea he could carry such a huge segment.

Top 20 women's matches of the past 5 years
Smackdown Review and reactions
NXT Review and reactions
Main event review and reactions
RAW Review and reactions

Comments

  1. Great read! I couldn't agree more about your Number 1 Pic! Rollins is a great all rounder and Ive loved his work over the past few months!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts