Smackdown Review And Reactions

Hello everyone and welcome back to Talk Wrestling World, I hope your all well. Today I have for you my first ever Smackdown Review and Reactions. I mentioned earlier on in the week and in my changes to come in two thousand and fifteen post (witch I will leave the link to bellow) that I will now be doing Main event, NXT and Smackdown review and reactions so it doesn't get boring just having RAW review's and reactions. It's also Women's month on my blog, witch you will already know by now, I still have a thew posts in the  series to go up to make sure you keep an eye out for that. You can let me know what YOU thought of last nights show by leaving a comment below or by tweeting me @TezangiVictoria. I will also leave the links bellow to any recent posts so you can keep all up to date. Finally, remember that Smackdown will now air on Wednesday's starting next week so this post will be up on a Friday.


Opening
This week Smackdown came from the Laredo Energy Arena and the show kick started with Mr Money in the bank and the self proclaimed future of the WWE himself, Seth Rollins. In a joyous mood Rollins spoke about the return of the Authority and their gift to him witch of course was putting him in the WWE World Heavyweight championship match at the Royal Rumble pay per view witch takes place in two weeks time. All the fun and games were soon over for Rollins when Roman Reigns made an appearance and guys, prepare yourself for what I'm about to say....Roman Reigns cut a decent promo! Yes, everyone, the day has come when I get to half compliment Roman Reigns mic work. It was no Bray Wyatt promo and it was still awkward and un- original but there was serious improvement and actual personality/character. When he started talking I just thought "Oh no, not again" but it was actually impressive and he showed some actual charisma. I do think he starting to find out who Roman Reigns as a character is and is getting an idea of what he wants to walk like, talk like and act like. The little wink during the promo really added that little touch of character and I think we are going to start seeing baby step improvements from him now. The only problem I had was how much it reminded me of the Rock. I do think he's trying a little to hard to be like him and if he finds a little more originality we could be on to something here. Kane then came out and announced that the main even would see Roman Reigns take on The Big Show and Seth Rollins and unless he could find a tag team partner, things we'rent going to turn out right for the powerhouse.


Adam Rose VS Big E 
The first match of the night saw Adam Rose take on Big E with Cesaro and Tyson Kidd at ringside for Adam Rose (Witch I didn't get) and of course Xavier Woods and Kofi Kingston at ringside for Big E. At first I thought this was going to be a six man tag team match because Kidd and Cesaro were at ringside but it turns out it wasn't. I have no idea why these two are walking around with Adam Rose at the moment. I keep saying that  hate the idea of them being a tag team and the only way I can see things getting any better is if Cesaro ends up tuning face in the process and the two feud at some point. The match between Rose and Big E was short and simple they both had some greats spots but nothing really stood out. I'm loving Big E and the idea of the New Day but the lack of belief in them from  the WWE is so obvious and I'm hopeing they turn it all around. Big E scooped up the win nice and cleanly.


The Ascension VS Local athletes
I feel the exact same away about what we saw last night as we did on Monday so I will now insert what I wrote in my RAW Review and Reactions now:
A thew days ago I wrote up a post about the Ascension discussing weather or not the WWE have gone too far with changing them up and I will leave a link to that bellow so you can check that out if you haven't already done so. I have a big big problem with what the WWE have done with the Ascension and last night was just a disaster. I honestly don't think I have ever been so angry at the commentary before in my whole life! I could threw something at the TV and cried, it was that bad. The WWE have completely got it all wrong with these two and they are living proof that NXT stars are better off staying down in NXT than coming up to the main roster. The huge theatrical image change is way too much and it's making it almost impossible for the older fans in particular who haven't seen their work in NXT to connect with them. With a terrible crowd they received next to no reaction what so ever from the live crowd witch made me mad as it is. Then things got worse when they both got on the mic (one thing WWE need to learn, never let Konnor on the mic, he has not got the intimidating voice to go with the look at all). From that point everything just went down hill when they decided to mention Demolition and Road Warriors. This seriously needs to stop. I hate how the WWE are so fixated on having the Ascension as the new Road Warriors, I could seriously go on about this all day long, but what the hell are they thinking. The WWE seriously need to stop living in the past and trying to turn new talent into old talent. These guys have their own image and style they don't need to be dressed up to be identical to historic tag teams. Then things got EVEN worse with the stupid announce team who thought it was a good idea to fuck up the careers of Konnor and Viktor in a matter of minuets saying things like "they will never be as good as road warriors" and as for JBL, former NXT GM I couldn't be more disappointed. Anyway, the Ascension scored the win and are clearly working now as heels.

Alicia Fox VS Naomi 
Up next was the only divas match of the night witch saw Alicia Fox take on Naomi, following what took place this past week on RAW. Of course the match was short and simple. These two are amazingly talented divas on the roster and its a shame they don't get the ring time they deserve, but with Alicia joining Total Divas and Naomi now working more with the Usos they both look like they are going to have a strong year if things turn out right. Despite dominating the match Naomi picked up a loss as Alicia scored a quick win.

The Usos VS Damien Sandow & The Miz VS Gold & Stardust 
We then had the match of the night in my opinion. We all know how I'm not a fan of The Usos and how much I think the tag division needs some help but this match was actually really good. I wasn't looking forward to it at all as I tweeted before the show began but it did steel the show. Every single one of them stood out and had their individual moments. Damien was great as usual and even got he's time to shine in the ring witch was good. The Usos of course picked up the win retaining the tag team championships.

Sin Cara VS Bad News Barrett
There was then a none title match between Sin Cara and Intercontinental champion Bad News Barrett. I'll admit I wasn't looking forward to this match. I thought it was really predicable, and I also wasn't a fan of the idea of having Sin Cara on the main roster. I get he is a main roster superstar but he working down in NXT and is currently one half of the NXT tag team champions. He's never really got to show just how much he can do in the ring but I don't know, I just think they should keep him down in NXT for a while and build him up as Sin Cara part of the Lucha Dragons, not Sin Cara the guy who jobs every now and then. But strangely he did score a win last night over Barrett witch is really intresting.

Roman Reigns & Dean Ambrose VS Seth Rollins and The Big show
It was then time for the main event witch saw Seth Rollins and the Big show take on Roman Reigns and he's chosen tag team partner, the one and only Dean Ambrose. I think all us Shield fans died a little at this moment and I was actually wearing my Shield top when last night so I was having a good night. The match was the second best of the night. They all stood out especially Ambrose and the timing at the end was perfect. All round the match was really well put together and I really enjoyed it.

But what did you think? How do you feel about Smackdown moving to Thursday's and of course the changes to the new announce teams? Leave a comment bellow letting me know.

Did the WWE make the right decisions with Announce team changes

Comments

Popular Posts