RAW Review and Reactions

Hello everyone and welcome back to Talk Wrestling World, I hope you are all  well. Last night was the penultimate episode of RAW before the Royal Rumble pay per view and as things started shape up for the live show set to take place in under two weeks yesterday''s RAW was actually not that bad, there were a thew things I didn't get but apart from that it was a decent show. Now, before we get into today's post I just want to give you a thew little reminders. January has been women's month on my blog and the series will end this Sunday so make sure you keep an eye out for all the links to the up and coming post. I will also be starting my Royal Rumble prediction next Monday so all my usual posts will be off for that week apart from my Review and reactions posts however things might change throughout the week. I will leave the links bellow to any recent post including my RAW Predictions from last night. Finally, you can let me know what YOU thought of last nights show by leaving a comment bellow or by tweeting me at @TezangiVictoria.


 After the firing of three of the WWE's current top superstars, last night's episode of RAW focused on continuing that storyline and building up the Royal Rumble pay per view. Lesnar made another appearance along side Paul Heyman, Ambrose was instructed to see a doctor, and Naomi paid the price of her husbands actions.


As RAW aired live from New Orleans the show kicked off with John Cena who for someone who had got three top superstars fired the previous week, was looking rather happy and delighted with himself. Cena went on to threaten the Authority that at the Royal Rumble he would win the WWE World heavyweight championship and hold the title hostage. Hmm, remind you of anything? Of course the Authority was not going to sit in the back and watch on, as they made their way to the ring also looking rather cheerful, they gave the fifteen time champion an opportunity to win back the jobs of Dolph Ziggler, Ryback and Erick Rowan. Announcing that Cena would go one on one with Mr Money in the bank himself in a lumberjack match and if he wins than all three superstars would get their jobs back. Seems pretty simple right?


Seth Rollins VS John Cena
The first match of the night saw Seth Rollins and John Cena go one on one (once again) this time in a lumberjack match. I mentioned last night and many other times that the reality of it is is that Cena and Rollins put on amazing amazing match ups, they always have done, from way before Rollins went solo and turnt heel, but I don't want to see them go at it week after week after week. The match last night was another good one between the two, proving my point and the little trick of all the
lumberjacks being heel really did give the match a little edge. but I have to admit I'm not a huge fan of lumberjack matches, I think my favourite one of all time as to be the Seth Rollins/ Dean Ambrose one that took place last year at the Summer Slam pay per view. Last night's lumberjacks included the new intercontinental champion Bad News Barrett, Tyson Kidd, Cesaro, Kane, the big Show and of course J&J security. Once you saw who the lumberjacks were the match did become very predictable but it was a still a good match in my eyes. After a pretty tough fight Rollins was able to score the win
thanks to the help of the big show and the other lumberjacks. So it looks like we're gonna have to wait a little longer before we see Ziggler, Rowan and Ryback back in action.


The New Day VS Cesaro and Tyson Kidd
Up next was the first tag team match of the night as New Day members Kofi Kingston and Xavier Woods took on Cesaro and Tyson Kidd. You all know how I feel about both of these teams. When it comes down to Cesaro and Kidd, I have mentioned so many times before that I think these two are two of the best superstars on the entire current roster and are extremely talented men, as they have shown time and time again. But I have said it before and I will say it again, you can't just put two awesome superstars together and think it's going to work, this is just Rybaxle part two. However, I am trying to stay positive and hope that they will eventually turn Cesaro baby face and have him and Kidd feud, because let's face it storyline wise it's right there in front of us and the WWE could pull it off really well. Plus, these two could easily give us the match of the year and it would work extremely well for both superstars. I also want to mention how impressed I was last night with Xavier Woods. You all know how much I'm not a fan of Woods what so ever, like I really don't like him and I think it would of been better if they had him in a none in ring role, like managing Big E and Kofi. Now, one thing that did confuse me is why they would have two teams they are currently trying to push at the same time compete against each other. The match just seemed pretty pointless in my opinion but the New day scored the win last night.


Roman Reigns VS Luke Harper
We then has the one match that really pissed me off last night, as Roman Reigns took on former Wyatt family member Luke Harper. Before this match Reigns cut a promo on the big show, clearly the WWE thought we needed more punishment. I mentioned in my Smackdown Review and Reactions (witch I will leave the link to bellow also) that I thought Reigns was making improvements on the mic and he is starting to understand and get an idea of how he wants to showcase Roman Reigns as a character and putting that into he's mic work. But last nights promo was just really bad and he still has so much more work to do. The match itself was weak and it really did frustrate me. Luke Harper is one of the most talented, diverse up and coming talents one of the strongest superstars on the roster yet they have him job to Reigns. What I found so funny was how they had Reigns dominate most of the match when the reality of it is is that this match was a walk in the part for Luke and could of easily ended this match. The truth of it is is that if Reigns didn't look they way he looked and had the family background he has he wouldn't even be working in NXT TV. Of course Roman got the win, what I'm hopeing is the WWE don't fuck up Luke Harper because he's a serious talent.


Divas action now and Naomi was forced to take on Alicia Fox again however this time she would have one arm tied around her back. I have to give it Naomi, she put on a great fight with just one hand and still owned it but the unfair match worked in Alicia's favour as she got another win over Naomi. I really do like the direction they are going with Naomi, it might look like she just on another loosing streak but trust me this is setting the foundation for a great year for her. Later on in the night Paige took on Brie Bella. I'm sure most of you saw the divas match on Main event last week and know how amazing it was however last night things went back to normal on RAW and the girls got less than three minuets in the ring. After the distraction from Tyson Kid (yes, there was a lot of Tyson Kidd last night) Brie was able to get a quick win and after the match Paige gave Kidd a nice little slap across the face.


The Miz also scored a win over Jimmy Uso in a one on one match. As you can tell, I wasn't paying much attention to this match, one because by this time in the show I was really tired and well it was an Uso match. Daniel Bryan made an appearance last night and after a decent segment with Stephanie McMahon, Daniel and Kane collided as it was announced the two would go one on one this Thursday on Smackdown in Daniel's return match. And of course the Ascension has another squash match and the commentary was just seriously confusing considering the heel commentator was talking crap about the heel tag team.... And I'm not even going to comment on the Ambrose/Rusev match.

Finally, it was contract signing time, and after Lesnar, Rollins and Cena all signed on the dotted line it was officially on. I also want to mention how amazing Seth was in this segment. He really is the top superstar in the WWE right now. It was another show focused on him and he just owned that segment taking full control and showing even more improvements with he's mic skills. He was also left the last man standing after curb stomping both Brock Lesnar and John Cena. This is going to be intresting at the Royal Rumble pay per view. It was nice knowing you Seth.


RAW Predictions
Total divas review and reactions
Smackdown Review and reactions
RAW Review and Reactions

Comments

Popular Posts