Royal Rumble Predictions: Seth Rollins VS Brock Lesnar VS John Cena

Hello everyone, Welcome back to Talk Wrestling World, I hope you are all well. As you know this Sunday the WWE will present the first pay per view of the year, the two thousand and fourteen Royal Rumble, kick starting the Road to Wrestlemania. This mean's I'm back with predictions week. Throughout the whole of this week leading right up to the Royal Rumble it's self, I will uploading my predictions for every match on the card including the actual Royal Rumble match. Now, I have already mentioned that this month things will be a little different due to the format of this pay per view. I will still be doing individual predictions for the matches set for the show but for the actual Royal Rumble match I will be uploading mini predictions covering different possible outcomes of the match, just so there is more content and so you get  a better feel of what my full predictions are heading into the pay per view. I will be sure to leave the links bellow to any recent posts so you can stay all up to date, and finally, you can let me know what YOUR predictions are for this Sunday's live show by leaving a comment bellow or by tweeting me at @TezangiVictoria.

It was back at the two thousand and fourteen TLC pay per view that the WWE announced that Brock Lesnar would defend he's WWE World Heavyweight championship for a second time against John Cena, making it their third match against each other for this particular title. The company presented the match as the final show down between the two and after two dominating performances from the reigning champ, it was an all or nothing situation for the fifteen time world champion John Cena. However, a thew week's ago we saw the return of the Authority, and on their first night back in power, Triple H and Stephanie McMahon made a huge announcement, declaring the Royal Rumble championship match a now triple threat match, adding Mr Money in the bank, Seth Rollins to the mix. I wasn't too sure about the decision at first, I didn't know how it would all fit together but with a really strong build up I've really grown to love the idea and adding Rollins to the match has actually made me much much more excited for it because if I'm honest I was not looking forward to another Cena/Lesnar match. The addition of Rollins has made the match much less predictable and it kinda has that "anything could happen" feel.


The Build up was strong, really strong. Each week the WWE have focused it's core attention on this match and as the weeks have gotten closer to the pay per view cracks have began to show. At first I think we all assumed it would be a terrible night for Cena, that both Rollins and Lesnar would team up to take on Cena, leaving the two fighting over who simply pins the fifteen time champion. But that's certainly not the case any more. This has one hundred per cent turned into an every man for himself match up with Rollins the number one target. Once Rollins is put aside it will then become a Cena/Lesnar matter once again. That being said I think it will most defiantly be Rollins night to really shine and I predict greatly he will be the one to steal the show. Over the past month or so the WWE have shown great tension between Rollins and Cena, having them compete against each other in both singles and tag team action all of witch have been pretty damn good. We really have seen Rollins grow so much in every single area, weather it be on the mic or in the ring, he really has defined he's character and has developed week after week after week and has proven he is not one to rule out of this match. The WWE have tossed the momentum back and fourth between each superstar and had them taunt each other on every show. It was last week on RAW that things really did start to shake up after Rollins curb stomped both John Cena and the reining champ, Brock Lesnar. It was then we knew, it was on. You don't get to curb stomp The Brock Lesnar twice and think you can get away with it. Oh No. This week on RAW Brock was out for revenge and spent most of the night trying to get he's hands on Mr Money in the bank and he came close, just about missing out on hitting that F-5.
The build up is always key. If it's not strong and gripping then no one is going to be interested. The pure unpredictability factor about this match is just making me beg to see it as soon as possible.


Seth Rollins
When it comes to individual predictions the first thing we can say about Seth Rollins is he one hundred per cent has the most momentum on he's side. With the Authority at he's beck and call, the money in the bank briefcase, win's over John Cena, curb stomping Brock Lesnar and missing an F-5, Rollins is walking into the Royal Rumble championship match not only Mr Money in the bank but Mr Momentum. I mentioned already that week after week after week Rollins has proved to be both main event and championship material. He has shown improvements every single time the camera's are on him, weather it be on the mic, in the ring or with he's character, Rollins has improved greatly. He know's who Seth Rollins as a character is. He know's how Seth Rollins is suppose to talk, walk, move around the ring, smile, laugh, wrestle, this is a young man who knows how to sell a show and a match, how to have an audience griped and most importantly, how to entertain. You would of seen I actually had him as my superstar of the year in twenty fourteen and my superstar of the week last week and a bold statement I make time and time again is that Seth Rollins is one the greatest WWE heels, in a very very long time. He's not boring and predictable like most heels and that's really going to work in he's favour this weekend. He may be the youngest, he may be the smallest and he may be the least experienced but he is hands down the most diverse wrestler going into this match. All Rollins has to do is keep the pace of the match at he's pace and I think what we are going to see the sneaky, sly little things he does. Covers out of nowhere, using J&J security the best he can, and putting he's ring awareness and he's surroundings into play. I think we will see him take a bit of a back-seat for a good chunk of the match and let Lesnar and Cena go at it, waiting for the perfect time to make he's move. I one hundred per cent think Rollins is stealing the show this Sunday. He's really gonna stand out amongst the two bigger guys and really prove he is the future of the business and the real man the company should be branding as the next big star. Will he win? No, no way. As much as I would love to see Rollins a the champ, it's not he's time just yet. If he does have that title around he's waste come the end of the night it will be thanks to the briefcase and even thought I would much prefer he cashed it in at Wrestlemania I think it's a big chance he will do so this weekend if he doesn't win. I think he will have a thew close shots on Cena and you never know maybe even Lesnar even though it's pretty unlikely, but I seriously cannot see him capturing the title this Sunday. The thing about Rollins is he's doesn't need it yet. He doesn't need a championship just yet because there is so much they can already do with him as not the champ. A feud between Bryan and Rollins would make a perfect Wrestlemania match and they could easily make a storyline out of it in the night by simply having Rollins come out of nowhere in the Royal Rumble and eliminate Bryan.


John Cena 
The second man attempting to capture the WWE World heavyweight championship this weekend is John Cena. Now, if Cena does win (witch god I hope he doesn't) will tie him with Ric Flair as a sixteen time champion. It doesn't matter if you love Cena or you hate him, this year he will make history. Whether or not it will be this weekend I doubt it very much. It's much more likely he will win than Rollins but I think when it come's to what's best for business, Lesnar should retain. I have already mentioned that I think Rollins will be the stand I stick by that completely , when it come's to Cena I feel like he's just filling a gap. I never wanted to see another one on one match between him and Lesnar and I think if they didn't add Rollins tot he match I probably wouldn't have paid any attention or eve watched it properly to be honest. I think once Rollins is out of the way in the match, we will see a good chunk of back and fourth action between Cena and Lesnar and there will be times when Cena comes very very very close to winning but storyline wise I don't think it would make sense to have Cena win. If he had the title after this Sunday after knocking off Lesnar, where would the WWE go? It would mean Lesnar would just disappear again because there simply be nothing for him and I cant see a Lesnar/Rollins feud for Wrestlemania happening. I have to admit it does look as if the WWE have other plans for Cena away from the WWE World Heavyweight championship. It was a thew weeks ago that the Authority fired Ryback, Erick Rowan and Dolph Ziggler as part of a storyline and held Cena responsible. This past week, with the help of Sting, Cena was able to bring them all back and we should see all three make an appearance this Sunday. But I think it's pretty clear all is not done here and things are not going to go as planned for Cena this weekend. I think it's very likely we could have a Cena/Ziggler feud. The fans want to see Ziggler main eventing and in the big matches and at the moment it looks like the only way that is happening is if he turns heel. If they had him ruin the match for Cena it would straight away set up a feud between the two and could possibly give Ziggler he's Wrestlemania moment. Because of that, I really do believe Cena will not be walking away this weekend as a sixteen time world champion, however it's still possible.


Brock Lesnar
Finally, we have the reigning champ, Brock Lesnar. This past year has been truly amazing for Lesnar and let's face it he couldn't of asked for a better twelve months. He's had dominate matches against the likes of the Big show, he defeated Cena to become the WWE World Heavyweight champion and of course, ended the Undertakers undefeated streak and if I'm hones I think he's luck is about to
continue. Now, there has been rumours of Lesnar calling it quits with the WWE this year and so to be fair anything could happen this weekend, but I one hundred per cent think it's best he retains this Sunday and drops the title at Wrestlemania to whoever wins the Royal Rumble. Out of all three superstars in this match I think it will be Lesnar who dominates most of the match. He's most likely to go after Rollins first for the obvious reasons and as I have already mentioned I think a good amount of the match is going to be very Lesnar/Cena.


All round I think this is gonna be a great match and probably one of the best of the year. I feel like Heyman is going to play a huge huge role. Will he turn on Lesnar and make Rollins he's new Paul Heyman guy? Will he take upon himself to insure Lesnar is still the champ at the end of the night? Or will the Authority do something to insure things go their way? Tune in this Sunday to see.

Royal Rumble predictions: The Bellas vs Paige and Natalya
Royal Rumble predictions: The Ascension VS New age outlaws
Royal rumble predictions part 2
Royal Rumble predictions; the Usos VS Damien Mizdow and The Miz
Royal Rumble predictions part 1

Comments

Popular Posts