Top 20 Matches Of The Month - January

Hello everyone and welcome back to Talk Wrestling World, I hope you are all well. As you already know by now, there are some changes happening this year on my blog and that includes new posts. One of the new posts is today's, as I give you my top twenty matches of the January. From now on every four weeks I will be uploading my top twenty matches of the month posts and they will go up on the last Saturday of the month, there may be slight changes as the year progresses on the actual upload day but they will be a regular thing. I will be talking about both the WWE and TNA remember the TNA dates will be for the UK time the show airs.  This week there is actually a bonus match added to the list because there simply was more matches than I thought were gonna really good and worth going on the list. The list will feature matches from the WWE main roster, NXT, Superstars, main event,Smackdown and TNA and knockouts and diva matches are included. All the matches on the list are my own opinions have not been influenced by any of my readers or followers. That being said I would love to know what have been your top matches of January, so leave a comment bellow or tweet me at @TezangiVictoria. Finally, I will leave the links bellow to any recent posts so you can stay all up to date.

20) Erick Rowan VS Tyson Kidd (Superstars 1/1/15)
This year I really wanted to pay extra attention to WWE Superstars and Main event mainly because I was skipping most shows and writing them off as boring and predictable so I never bothered, but this year I really wanted to pay extra attention and see just what the match quality is on a weekly basis, and I have to admit, I'm glad I did. Kicking off my first top twenty matches of the month list is a one on one match that featured on the first of the month (the dates may vary depending on where you live) between Erick Rowan and Tyson Kidd. This was of course the first Superstars show of the year I watched and with full determination to get into the show I watched the whole show with an open mind and this match was actually really good, and I really did genuinely really enjoy it. These are two very different superstars. Their in ring style, appearance and gimmick could no be more different and so at the start of the match I wasn't expecting much but this was a solid match between two amazingly talented wrestlers. I have been saying for months how underutilized Tyson is and it's great seeing him compete in good matches on the main roster every now and then and I think it's a shame the match could not of been on RAW or Smackdown, but as I said great match between the two and they both had a strong performance with Rowan scoring the win.

19) New Day VS Cesaro, Tyson Kidd & Adam Rose (Main event 13/1/15)
Up next is a six man tag team match witch aired on the thirteenth of this month on main event between new faction the new day, consisting of Big E, Kofi Kingston and Xavier Woods, and the team of Cesaro, Tyson Kidd and Adam Rose. I will be the first to admit that I was not expecting to enjoy this match what so ever and my expectations were pretty low but this was surprisingly a really really good match witch saw all six men showcase their talent to the highest level. I think what it boils down to is all six of these guys are amazing amazing talented with so much potential but at the same time are extremely underrated and underused. This is why I love products/shows like Main event, Superstars and NXT because they all allow those underutilized talents to shine and have their moment. Last night these six guys just owned it. Every single one of them had their time in the spotlight, however I do think it would of been nice to see  a little more of Tyson Kidd but he still got he's little moment. In my opinion it was Big E and Xavier Woods who stole the show ad stood out the most. Big E did a freaking suicide Dive! How can he not be a stand out. Xavier Woods really really has been impressing me over the past couple of weeks or so. You all know I'm far form a fan of he's but he's been so much improvement in the ring it's crazy and I have to give it to him he's really doing a great job, he's selling and all round wrestling ability has improved massively. The New day scored the win and also got another great crowd reaction. I think at first it was just about the fans connecting with the idea and the faction and now they are showing to be a legit, strong group their becoming more of a hit with the WWE universe.

18) MVP VS Kurt Angle (11/1)
At number eighteen in my top twenty matches of the month is the street fight match between Kurt Angle and MVP. First of all, it was absolutely amazing seeing Angle back in the ring and competing on such a high level. I have got plans this year to start writing much more about Impact, I want to start writing up Review and Reactions posts for the show so they may start next month and when they do the posts will be up on the Monday, mainly because the UK time TNA airs is  on a Sunday and I think the US date is on a Friday, correct me if I'm wrong. Anyway, back to this match, and yeah, I was pretty pumped for this match. I have to admit I've never really been an MVP fan; back when he was in WWE I wan never jumping and screaming for a match of he's but he is a great all round performer and that really did show in this match. As for Kurt, I think it's more than safe to say that I've been a fan of he's for as long as I can remember.These are two guys that have brought so much to this business and their experience really did show in this match. A nice, solid back and fourth match between two amazingly talented wrestlers ad the epic crowd really did make this match even better. Of course it was Angle that scored the win.

17) The Usos VS Gold & Stardust VS The Miz & Damien Sandow (Smackdown 9/1)
Coming in at number seventeen is another tag team match, this time a triple threat for the WWE Tag team championships. With the Usos as the current champs, Jimmy and Jey had a tough challenge on their back and for their first title defence this was a pretty unfair match to say the least. You all know how I feel about all three tag teams. I'm not an Usos fan what so ever, I'm more than bored of the Stardust gimmick and as for Damien and the Miz, I think it's just got the point where I don't really care what they do with the Miz as long as Sandow is centre stage. I was clearly not expecting much from this match what so ever. I'm surprised I actually paid so much attention for the obvious reasons, but I really did like this match. It had pretty much everything you could ask for.Every single one of them stood out and had their individual moments. Damien was great as usual and even got he's time to shine in the ring witch was good. The Usos of course picked up the win retaining the tag team championships.

16) Bobby Lashley VS Bobby Roode ( 11/1)
At number sixteen is the TNA World Championship match that took place on the eleventh of this month (UK time) between Bobby Lashley and Bobby Roode. One thing I have realised over the past year or so is that whenever you put this two in the ring together they hands down still the show and put on an amazing match. I'm not sure about how much chemistry they have in the ring but they do know how to really pull off a great match and get the crowd and everyone at home on their feet. From start to finish these guys were on fire and raised the bar once again. I don't know if I mentioned this before on my blog and on twitter, but I was actually a huge fan of Lashley's when he was in the WWE and since going on to TNA and MMA I really have grown to love him even more. He's talent and passion is endless and that really does show. The physicality of this match was amazing and with the dramatic ending the match was just made so much better and everything came together really well.

15) Daniel Bryan VS Bray Wyatt ( RAW 19/1) 
Content from RAW Review and reactions post- The next match saw a Daniel Bryan take on former arch rival, Bray Wyatt, making this Bryan's first match on Monday night RAW in over nine whole months. Now, we all know these two can steal any show. It was around this time last year at the two thousand and fourteen Royal Rumble that Bryan and Wyatt went one on one in one of the best matches of the year, so my standards for their match last night was pretty high. However, I was really worried for Bray. After recently winning a huge feud with Dean Ambrose he was beaming with momentum heading into what will be he's first Royal Rumble match, and I made it clear on twitter last week that I felt it was best they kept him out of the ring until Sunday's pay per view. I was one hundred per cent convinced that he would be simple jobbing to Bryan last night so the people's favourite would have some much needed momentum going into the Royal Rumble match. That being said, I also mentioned last week that I felt they should of kept Daniel Bryan out of the ring until the Royal Rumble also. It just made more sense to do so. I understand they are trying to build up a feud for him but it just feels like if they had waited for him to make he's huge return at the Royal Rumble it would of fitted better and made much more sense. But it does look as if they are saving the big return for Randy Orton (even though two huge returns would of been better). The match lived up to the expectations, it could of been a little longer but with so much scheduled for the show the match had to be this length. Kane spent most of the match at ringside watching on witch has led me to believe we are getting another Kane/ Bryan feud. I tweeted out last night that I hated their feud the last time and I hate it now. I don't think there's a single person in the entire world that wants to see another feud between these two. The match was split however surprisingly, Bray dominated a huge chunk of it. There were parts of the match that were more important than we think, like how Bray went over the top rope during the match, it was like a slight indication of how he might get eliminated or to watch him when he's near the ropes. What I loved the most about this match was the ending. Giving Bray the win was a good move, just giving him the extra momentum and it made it clear the WWE wasn't going to be giving Bryan the treatment everyone thought he was going to get. A part of me did think it would of been better if the match ended in DQ with Kane getting involved just because then it would't have given Bray any unnecessary attention before the Royal Rumble, but good match and good ending, Kane and Bryan will go one on one this Thursday on Smackdown.

14) Kane VS Daniel Bryan (Smackdown 22/1)
Up next is last Thursday's Smackdown main event witch saw Kane go one on one with Daniel Bryan. The match was basically a qualifying match for Daniel Bryan, where if he lost the match he would not be able to compete in the two thousand and fifteen Royal Rumble. What I loved about this match was strangely how on edge I was. Pretty much the entire WWE universe is a major Daniel Bryan fan and that includes myself, therefore I was so on edge throughout this match just think "Oh god, just don't get hurt". The  match was so much more barbaric than I thought it was going to be for the obvious reasons. The match meant so much and I was so passionate about it that I couldn't take my eyes off the TV scree for a single second. A clean victory from Daniel Bryan left me going to bed very very happy.

13) The Ascension VS Finn Balor & Hideo Itami 
Another tag team match comes in at number thirteen in my top twenty matches of January and this time it's an NXT match, between the Ascension and Finn Balor and Hideo Itami. This was hands down one of the best performances from the Ascension so far. They really did prove in this match they were ready for the main roster. As for Balor and Itami, it was yet another amazing performance
from them as they climb their way up the roster.

12) New Day VS Cesaro and Tyson Kidd (Royal Rumble) 
At number thirteen is yet another tag team match, I know, for someone who is not a fan of tag team matches there sure is a lot in this top twenty. Last Sunday at the Royal Rumble Kick off show, New Day members, Big E and Kofi Kingston took on Cesaro and Tyson Kidd. I have mentioned several times before that I don't like the idea of Kidd and Cesaro being a tag team and I'm hoping that it all ends in one turning on the other setting up a feud between the two, but even I have to admit that these guys have had an amazing past month and start to two thousand and fifteen. The crowd last weekend were one hundred percent behind Kidd and Cesaro witch was really nice to see. The match was very split and all four of them got an equal amount of time in the ring and talking of time I was so happy with the length of the match. It wasn't a short, boring, predictable match up and I'm so glad I didn't skip the kick off show. This was yet another strong win for Kidd and Cesaro.

11) Dean Ambrose and Roman Reigns VS The Big Show and Seth Rollins (Smackdown 9/1)
Content from Smackdown Review and Reactions post- It was then time for the main event witch saw Seth Rollins and the Big show take on Roman Reigns and he's chosen tag team partner, the one and only Dean Ambrose. I think all us Shield fans died a little at this moment and I was actually wearing my Shield top when last night so I was having a good night. The match was the second best of the night. They all stood out especially Ambrose and the timing at the end was perfect. All round the match was really well put together and I really enjoyed it.


Top 5 superstars of the week

Comments

Popular Posts