Was It Too Soon To Bring Back The Authority?

Hello everyone and welcome back to Talk Wrestling World. I hope you all had an amazing Christmas and Happy New Year. I can't wait to really kick start this new year and make Talk Wrestling World even bigger and better and I can't wait to bring all you guys with me on the crazy journey.Some of you may remember I recently wrote a post about the changes coming to my blog this year (witch I will leave a link to bellow) and in that post I mentioned that every other month I will dedicate the month to a particular topic/subject. This month is being dedicated to the women of professional wrestling and I already have a handful of post pre done and ready to start going up. Even though it is women's month throughout January I will still be uploading my weekly blog post and any added extras like this one. Today's post is all about the return of the authority. As I take you through the year of the Authority, Survivor Series, what the return means for superstars such as Dolph Ziggler and the Survivor Series pay per view and raising the questions; Was it too soon to bring back the authority? I will leave the links bellow to any recent posts so you can stay all up to date on everything. You can also let me know what YOUR opinions are on this topic by leaving a comment bellow or by tweeting me at @TezangiVictoria.


This past week on the final episode of Monday night RAW of two thousand and fourteen the closing moments saw the return of the Authority after John Cena was left with no other choice but to reinstate them due to the actions and threats of Mr Money in the bank, Seth Rollins. The decision to put Stephanie McMahon and Triple H back in charge has been heavily criticised by fans and blogers, with many beleiving it was too soon to do so. I have to admit I agree with the people saying this. Don't get me wrong I'm delighted they are back, I'd been saying for a while that I think they needed to come back I just think it was too soon and the timing and how it was done just didn't feel strong enough or right. I get that they wanted a dramatic ending to the last show of the year but they made
that such the main focus point that it ended up jut not being right when it came to timing all together.
Many member's of the WWE universe are wondering what is next when it comes to storyline's and superstars such as Dolph Ziggler and Seth Rollins. With the Authority back in power are we set for a repetitive year? Does this set up a great or terrible year for Dolph Ziggler? And does this mean we will see the same stuff from Rollins? Let's being to answerer some of these questions.


A Year Of Authority...
Since two thousand and thirteen the WWE have been using Stephanie McMahon and Triple H as once again two of the biggest heels in the company working under the storyline of "mean bosses" aka the Authority. Since then the likes of Randy Orton, Kane and Seth Rollins have joined and most recently J&J security other wise known as Jamie Nobel and and Joey Mercury. The idea of the Authority has opened so many doors for superstars and divas in the locker room most famously Daniel Bryan and the Bella Twins. One of the biggest storyline's of two thousand and fourteen was the Daniel Bryan VS The Authority angle witch saw the rise and fall of the fan favourite Daniel Bryan. In the process we saw some of the best matches of the year. One of the biggest divas feuds of the year also came from the Authority when Nikki Bella turnt on her sister Brie at Summer Slam allowing Stephanie to walk away with a victory over Brie. All round the idea has been great. It has worked perfectly over the past year or so but is keeping them around for another year a good idea? Will it really work? Personally I think it could. With the right direction they could make this an amazing year using the authority and I think they could have some really strong storyline's. But in order for it be a success a second time round things do need to change. For example Stephanie's role.I have spoke a lot about the treatment of the WWE divas and how it needs to change. With Stephanie and Hunter back in power it means that things can shake up again. I really do think that this year they could really have Stephanie play a huge role when it comes to the WWE and it's divas division. If they had her pay extra attention to the divas and the storyline's there it could really help shape and improve the divas division and at the same time change up and add even more heat to the Authority also giving them more authority. I also think we need to see a change in the approach. Maybe go a little tougher not just one the baby faces but the heels as well. The storyline's need to be more sharper and more diverse, introducing new superstars. I think Titus O'Neil, who is rumoured to be getting a push, would be the perfect guy to add to the authority and could easily play the new muscle of the group taking Kane's place. I'd also love to see Bray Wyatt eventually turn face and be apart of a major storyline with the authority. Or even having the Authority turn on Seth eventually would be an intresting road to go down.


Was Survivor Series Wasted? 
One of the biggest pay per views of two thousand and fourteen was of course Survivor Series, and one of if not the match of the year was the Team Cena VS Team Authority traditional Survivor Series elimination match. The build up was strong and saw the rise of many up and coming talents such as Seth Rollins, Rusev, Luke Harper and Erick Rowan. We also saw Dolph Ziggler finally get he's big moment and also the huge debut of the icon, Sting. With so much happening in the space of one hour this became of the greatest moments in the history of the WWE. It became an hour that the everyone would be talking about or years on end. With Team Cena walking out the victors all thanks to Sting and Dolph Ziggler, it meant a change in the WWE, as the Authority were officially put out of power. With this came hope and promise of a brighter time in the company as other superstars were set to shine and take the spotlight with the absence of Stephanie and Hunter. However, the WWE failed to live up to the expectations of the fans. Instead of getting a top new General Manager we got several past and present superstars put in charge of episodes of RAW and Smackdown including Chris Jericho, Edge and Christian, the anonymous RAW general manager and Daniel Bryan. I think moaned pretty much every single day about what we were being given and I expressed my disappointment on a number of occasions. I actually think I started beginning for the Authority to come back a week after they had actually left.But that being said I was also very disappointed when they were reinstated this past week on RAW. The timing was all wrong. In my opinion I think they should of brought them back the night after Wrestlemania. I think the wild crowd and the road to Money in the bank and Summer Slam on the way it would of been the perfect time. How it would of fit into any storyline going on at the time I don't know but I do think it would of been the right time. This certainly wasn't the right time and I think it's done a lot of damage to the Survivor Series pay per view, the debut of Sting and Dolph Ziggler's big night.  The early comeback of the Authority has kind left the feeling that there was no point to the pay per view. I do think this opens doors for a
Cena/Ziggler feud after all it was Ziggler who got the win for Team Cena and now all he's hard work, everything he went through has been done and meant nothing.


With the Authority back in power it means a lot of potential feuds and storyline's are on the card. But what do you think? Was it too soon to bring back the Authority? What new feuds would you like see in the new year? And when do you think would have been the perfect time to reinstate the Authority? Let me know by leaving a comment bellow or by tweeting me at @TezangiVictoria.

Divas feuds the WWE Must give fans

Comments

Popular Posts