NXT Review and Reactions

Hello everyone and welcome back to Talk Wrestling World, I hope you are all well. Today is of course Thursday witch means it's time for my NXT Review and Reactions. You would of seen that this post didn't go up last week and that was simply because it was pay per view weeks. I've decided that because I'm so busy on pay per view weeks my review and reactions posts will either be later uploaded than usual or not up at all. Hopefully you understand why I'm making the changes. Also, Wrestlemania season on Talk Wrestling World will now start on Friday! I was going to start it on the 13th of February but I decided to change things up and move it forward. Last night was another amazing episode of NXT and the standard got higher and higher. New champions were crowned, the number one contender for Sami Zayn's NXT championship got closer to being revealed and tensions grew between Zayn and Owens as their NXT Takeover match became official. Today, I'm going to be reviewing the whole show and telling you what I thought. You can let me know what YOU thought of last nights show by leaving a comment bellow or by tweeting me at @TezangiVictoria. Finally I will leave the links bellow to any recent posts so you can stay all up to date on everything.


Before I get started with the review I just want to make a quick message about two groups of people. First of all the crowd. Every single week the NXT crowds are on fire. They appreciate every single match and every single superstar and diva in the locker room. They really do re-store my faith in everyday fans, they simply love and appreciate what they are given and its nice to see passionate fans that actually pay attention to every single match and talent the company have. The second group of people I want to mention is the commentators. I have made so many comments about the NXT commentary team but these guys really are amazing. Unlike the main roster announce team they talk and pay attention to every single match including the divas, paying attention to all the talent and selling up and coming shows week after week.


Buddy Murphy and Wesley Blake VS Sin Cara & Kalisto 
The first match of the night was for the NXT tag team championships as Sin Cara and Kalisto defended their titles against Buddy Murphy and Wesley Blake. Now, you would of all seen my previous posts about Blake and Murphy from the past year or so because I literally am their biggest fan! I think they have absolutely everything you could ask for in a tag team ad they scream potential. I even had them in my fifteen superstars to watch in twenty fifteen post witch I will leave the link to bellow; I've been saying for months and months now that these are the guys to watch and they were in for an amazing year. Last night they proved all my predictions to be right. I have to admit at first I was a little confused as to why they were being given a shot at the tag team title sin the first place. They ever defeated Kalisto and Sin Cara neither did they win any kind of tournament so I was a little confused and I was worried that if they loss the match than there would be nothing for them and all the momentum they had built would of gone to waste making them have to start up again. At the same time I couldn't see them winning the match either. The match altogether was amazing. When I say I want a good quality tag team match this is what I meant. All four men are so extremely talented and have such a good connection with each other and the NXT universe.  I could honestly watch them all compete all night long. One thing I found very interesting about this match was the crowd reaction. Neither got a terrible reaction but the crowd were very behind Blake ad Wesley witch really did make me very happy. These guys work so hard and it really does show every single time they are in the ring. These are two young men that you can tell go away and work on absolutely every area they can and improve themselves to the highest standards and finally their hard work paid off as they became the new NXT Tag team champions. I have to admit I did get a little emotional when they  won, there was even a little tear. I think when you have so much faith in anyone and they achieve something so big it's such a huge deal. My mum on the other hand thought I was insane. It does look now that Sin Cara and Kalisto will get their re-match at NXT takeover. but I could not be more happy we have new champions and I could't be more happy for Blake and Murphy.


Adrian Neville VS Tyson Kidd
Up next we had the next match in the NXT championship number contenders match as former champ, Adrian Neville took on formal rival Tyson Kidd. Now, these two know each other inside out. Over the past year these guys have put on some amazing amazing match ups, some of the best in many many years and so I knew we were in for yet another great match and they did not disappoint what so ever. They have so much chemistry in the ring it's insane and whenever you see the sign "Adrian Neville VS Tyson Kidd" you are atomically excited for the match expectations reach a whole new height. Last nights match just got better and better as it went on but that's not to say it was a weak start what so ever. These guys know how to give us an amazing match and know how to work the crowd. Kidd makes such a strong heel that you kinda love to hate him. Their both such amazingly talented wrestlers and could literally be given five minuets in the ring and still put on a great show. Once again I could watch these guys wrestle all night long. The match was a great length and one thing I have noticed in recent week is that NXT may only be an hour show but you get so much in that one hour and with the match quality it blows the main roster shows out of the window. After a great match it was Neville who scored the win, moving onto the next round.


Charlotte and Bayley VS Sasha Banks and Becky Lynch
Divas action next  and NXT Women's champion Charlotte teamed up with Bayley to take on Sasha Banks and Becky Lynch in tag team action. In two weeks time Charlotte will be defending her championship against all three of these women in a fatal four way match (predictions for NXT Takeover will start next week) and so the tension was all their, especially between Bayley and Charlotte. The match itself was solid just like all the NXT Diva matches. It may not have been as long as the live show matches but it was still longer than what the main roster girls would get. They all got time to shine, apart form Lynch, I still think she could of had a little more time and she's gonna need to show a little more before Takeover. The tension was really strong between all four girls and the build up is looking strong for their championship match, with Bayley having the most momentum at the moment and being the fan favourite. Stand outs for this match have to be Charlotte and Bayley but all round good match.


Baron Corbin VS Bull Dempsey
The last actual match of the night was the final match in the first round of the NXT championship number one contenders tournament as Bull Dempsey took on the undefeated Baron Corbin for a second time. For a thew months now these two have been at each others throats, and after Corbin scored a clean win over Dempsey a couple of weeks back, Bull was on the search of some pay back and momentum. You know what, I liked this match. I think what everyone has to understand is these two, especially Corbin, are in their build up stage and the short matches are all working towards that but the matches are getting longer and last night they really did show much more. Corbin blew me away. The way he bounced of those ropes with such ease and power really is something to watch. He knows he's a big guy, he knows how to intimidate an opponent and as the announces keep saying, he has that presence about him that you either have or you don't, its not something you can teach. I was also really impressed with he's power. There's no hiding Corbin is a strong guy but everything about him is just power, if you know what I mean. And he's ring awareness and work with the ropes is
pretty impressive and something else to really watch in the future. Another impressive win over Dempsey means that Baron will now go one on one with Adrian Neville in the next round and I think this will be he's time to shine. He'll be forced to show more and really prove he's more than a one hit wonder. I do think Bull will interrupt the match leading to a one on one between the two at Takeover but I say keep your eyes on both these stars because their a big deal.


Contract signing for Sami Zayn VS Kevin Ownes at NXT Takeover
Finally, we had the contract signing for the NXT Takeover match between Sami Zayn and Kevin Ownes. During the signing Ownes declared he was not prepared to fight a match without something on the line in witch left Zayn telling Regal to make the match a championship match. We now know that at NXT Takeover Sami Zayn will defend the NXT Championship against Kevin Ownes.

Best Matches for Faslane pay per view

Comments

Popular Posts