Top 5 Superstars of the Week

Hello everyone and welcome back to Talk Wrestling World, I hope your all well. So it's Saturday, the last Saturday of the month  witch means it's time for my top five superstars of the week. Because this is the last weekend of the month, I will also be uploading my top five superstars of the month tomorrow so keep an eye out for the link to that sometime on Sunday. This weeks top five is of course judged by this weeks action, the Royal Rumble pay per view and last week because you know I don't upload a top five on pay per view weeks. Also a quick reminder that Wrestlemania season will kick start this week so keep looking for the link to the first post in the series. You can also let me know what posts you would like to see in my Wrestlemania season by tweeting me or leaving a comment. I will leave the links bellow to any recent posts including my Royal Rumble, NXT and Smackdown Review and Reactions. Finally, you can let me know who your superstar of the week is by leaving a comment bellow or by tweeting me at @TezangiVictoria.


5) The Ascension
Kicking off this weeks top five is the Ascension. I have to admit, I did think that these guys would be put in the list earlier on in the month, simply because I had really high expectations of them coming up to the main roster and expected more than what we got. However, this week has been much much better for Konnor and Viktor and they're finally starting to come into their own. I have spoke so much about the Ascension this past month and how I feel about their treatment and I will leave some links bellow to where I spoke more about them. Last week the WWE decided to buy the Ascension when they had them get beat down by legends, witch you all know how I feel about. But it was a decent set up for their Royal Rumble match as on Sunday they took on legendary tag team, The New age outlaws. The match was short and simple but there was enough time for the Ascension to show much more in the ring and the match was much longer than what we had gotten. This match was really really important for Konnor and Viktor and there was no question about it, they had to win. And thankfully they did and the clean win means they are heading in a much better direction. Then on Smackdown they got an even longer match this time against Gold and Stardust. They dominated a good amount of the match and really did start to shine much more. Now they are being giving proper opponents we will really see them start to come into their own and take the spotlight. I think we will definitely think tat after Wrestlemania we will see them come into the tag team championship picture.


4) Daniel Bryan
In at number four this week is Daniel Bryan. Since returning to action earlier this month, Bryan has been continuing he's feud with Kane, competing in numerous matches against him on Smackdown. Last week on RAW, Bryan went one on one with Bray Wyatt with Kane at ringside. We all know that in last year the two had an amazing match at the Royal Rumble pay per view and so I was expecting a long from this match. Now, this match might not have been as good as their Rumble match but it was a great match and nice start to the show. These two have so much chemistry in the ring and so much back story that they could put on a great match any time. He then on Smackdown took on Kane in a qualification match to be able to enter the Royal Rumble match. This was another really good match witch of course saw Bryan score the win. Then on Sunday he had a rather poor performance at the Royal Rumble but he's work with Bray Wyatt in the Rumble was great, as I said, they have so much chemistry in the ring that they can steal the show at any time. On RAW, He had an interview with Renee where he spoke more about he's Rumble performance and what happened on the night and I have to admit I loved the interview. Finally, this past Thursday on Smackdown he took on Kane once again in he's first ever casket match. I really did like this match. It was nice and long and a good quality main event. Bryan once again got the win over Kane and had an amazing performance.


3) Roman Reigns
Coming in at number three this week is Roman Reigns. Now, I know what your all thinking; I have been moaning about Reigns all week and now I've put him in my top five at number three, but even though I personally am not a fan of he's at all and I don't like the decisions that have been made this week, I cannot deny that he has been centre of attention this week and has to be in the top five list. Since returning to action late last year Reigns has been feuding with the Big show, witch you all know I'm not a fan of at all. Over the past two weeks the feud has continued as last week Reigns played the hero coming to the aid of legends, Hulk Hogan Ric Flair and Shawn Michaels after Show knocked out Flair. Clearing the ring of the Big show, Reigns was left looking like the good guy ad gained some momentum heading into the Royal Rumble. That week he didn't compete on Smackdown but did have a backstage interview with Renee Young. On Sunday he had an impressive performance at the Rumble, eliminating six superstars including the Big show and Kane. Then of course he actually won the rumble, meaning he will now go one to face Brock Lesnar at Wrestlemania thirty one for the WWE World Heavyweight championship. Monday on RAW he had a sit down interview wit Michael Cole and came face to face with the man himself, Brock Lesnar, and I have to admit he did a good job on the night and really stood he's ground and gave us the best piece of mic work he's done so far. Finally, on Smackdown this past Thursday, he came face to face with COO, Triple H and once again had some great mic work for us (compared to the usual) he then took on Big show in what was actually a pretty good match and scored the win at the end of it.


2) Seth Rollins 
In at number two and just missing out on the umber one spot this week is the last superstar of the week, Seth Rollins. I'm going to be honest, I was one hundred per cent going to have Seth in at number one again this week but I wanted to change things up a little so I put him at number two, but bare in mind if I could have two number one's he would be there as well. These past two weeks have been amazing for Seth and he really has shut the mouths of any critics and proved he is the one hundred per cent the future of this business. There's no doubt about it, Seth Rollins has been the top guy this whole month and that hasn't changed this week at all. Last week on RAW he had several meetings with Brock Lesnar before he's triple threat match at the Royal Rumble.He may of had a little slip up in last weeks opening segment but apart from that he owned it that week and played the top heel down to perfection, selling he's match like a pro.The tensions between Rollins and Lesnar was amazing and it really did make you want to watch their match right then and there. Being apart of the start, middle and end of that RAW he just stole the show once again and was in a great main event. Then, last Sunday at the Royal Rumble pay per view, he once again stole the freaking show. He was apart of one of the greatest triple threat matches I have ever seen! He's performance was outstanding and I was left completely amazed. It doesn't matter if your a fan of Rollins or not, he proved that weekend he is the future and one of the best wrestlers around right now. The following night on RAW he had an amazing interview where he took control again and entertained us once again. On Smackdown he had a great promo but things didn't quite go he's way.


1) Brock Lesnar
Finally, coming in at number one and this weeks superstar of the week is Brock Lesnar. I knew from last week that Lesnar was going to be in my top five but I wasn't sure what number I was going to place him at, but after what happened over the weekend  it was clear he was going to be at number
one. Last week on RAW he dominated the show. Kicking off the episode he actually cut a promo witch is nice because most of the time it's Heyman who takes control of the mic and sell the matches but Lesnar did a great job on RAW and really did add some heat to the match all y himself and as I said the tensions between him and Rollins really did rise that night and made the match that much more intresting. He ended the night on a high going into he's Royal Rumble match with the most momentum. Then on Sunday Lesnar defended he WWE World Heavyweight championship against Seth Rollins and John Cena. Lesnar was just the man of this match and owned it. He simply proved that night he's a beast and just not human! He did stuff in that ring I have never seen anyone do and things I never thought he could even do, and of course he retained the championship. On RAW he once again dominated he's interview and strangely made me interested in he's match with Reigns at Mania, yes he did the impossible.


Find out who my superstar of the month is tomorrow!!!

Smackdown Review and Reactions
NXT Review and reactions
Royal Rumble Review and Reactions

Comments

Popular Posts