My Top 5 Indy Female Wrestlers

Hello everyone and welcome back to Talk Wrestling World. So we are fresh into the new year and as you will already know we are kicking things off with Women's month here on my blog. Throughout January I am going to be dedicating Talk Wrestling World to women's month were I will bombard you with posts all about the women of professional wrestling, from top five and tens, to get to knows and career flashbacks and many many more. For today's post I'm going to be giving you a short list of some of  my top female wrestlers in the independent scene. I mentioned in my "changes happening in 2015" post (witch I will leave bellow) that this year I want to focus more on talking and writing up more blog posts about the independent scene and TNA. If you like this change up then please let me know and if there is anything else you would like to see in women's month or if you have any suggestions for another series for an upcoming month then do let me know by leaving a comment bellow or by tweeting me at @TezangiVictoria. I will make sure to leave the links bellow to any recent posts so you can stay all up to date on everything. Right, let's get into the post.


I've recently been paying extra attention to the women in the professional wrestling independent scene and I have taken note of my top five. If you would like to see a part three then do let me know but I wasn't sure how many of you would actually be interested in reading posts focusing on the Indies so I wanted to keep this post short. Keep in mind today's top five is not in any particular order and some of the women in this list are no longer on the scene and are doing things elsewhere for bigger promotions.


5) Candice LeRay
Kicking off my top five Indy female wrestlers is Candice LeRay. I have pretty much been a fan of Candice from the get go and I'm sure most of you will have seen her work or at least heard of her. If not make sure to go and check her out after reading this. To give you a quick overview of Candice, she's a twenty nine year old Canadian pro wrester and has been wrestling since 2002. She's has wrestled for varies American promotions such as Pro Wrestling Guerilla and FWE.  Candice is one half of the World Tag team champions with Joey Ryan as The World's cutest tag team and is also the current FWE Women's champion in her first reign for the promotion. In 2013 she was chosen as one of five women dubbed as "The Five to watch" by popular online website diva dirt. She has had a couple of matches in TNA with one being against Gail Kim but loss both of them. Candice is  serious talent who's not afraid to take things to the next level. No matter who her opponent is she is owning the match and leaving you wanting a little more.She does stuff in the ring that makes you think "Women are not suppose to be able to do that". She does stuff in the ring that even the top guys struggle to do and what I love about her is her genuine passion for the business. She's not in it for the money or for the fame, she's here to wrestle and live her dreams.


4)Athena 
Up next is Athena. I'm more than sure that all of you have heard of Athena and once again if you haven't then you really have been missing out on some true talent. Athena is probably one of the best female wrestlers around at the moment. She's one of the best female high flyers and brawlers around and her connection with the fans is insane. She's another women who simply has it all. Her character and charisma is like no other and she so comfortable in her character and with the fans is unreal. If you don't know her of you haven't see any of her work do make sure to go and check her out also after reading this, trust me you wont regret it and you will be thanking me after. I've always wondered why the WWE have never signed her because she's more than worthy of being on the big screens however just like Candice, Athena isn't in the business for the money or for fame she simply loves to wrestle and that shows in every single match that she is in. Her passion is so strong and so genuine and it's that along with her unique look and outstanding wrestling ability that makes her one of my top Indy female wrestlers.


3) Mia Yim
Coming in at number three is probably one of the most popular women in the independent scene, Mia Yim. Some of you may have seen her job to Charlotte a thew weeks back on NXT but if that's all you know her from please please please go and Google her and have a look at her actual work. Personally I have always looked up to Mia. There's always been something about her that has me wanna do exactly what is doing in the ring. The stuff she can actually do in the ring always leaves me wanting more and a little speechless. She's wrestled several top women in the independent scene including Sara Del Rey and Jessicka Havok. She's extremely unique both physically and with her in ring style.


2) Jessicka Havok 
At number two in my top five Indy female wrestlers is one of my personal all time faves, Jessicka Havok. If you have not seen or heard of Jessicka's work in the indies then I'm sure you would of heard of her recent work down in TNA. I remember the first time I saw Havok wrestle I just remember thinking this women is a freaking beast. I just kept saying in my head "she's awesome" over and over again and from that point I have been a huge fan of hers watching her matches on repeat and studying her style and character. Talking of characters, Havok has one of the best female characters I think I have seen in ages. She's so captivating and you know she could tell you a thousand stories both in and outside of the ring. She has great mic skills, a strong connections with the fans and crazy wrestling ability.


1) Sara Del Rey

And finally at number one is Sara Del Rey. I'm more than sure that all of you will know who she is weather its from her work in the indies or from her recent work as a WWE trainer. Sara Del Rey is simply one of the all time greats. Every true wrestling fan has heard of her and seen her work in the ring. She has gone on to make history and change the idea of women's professional wrestling all together. She's has some of the best female pro wrestling matches in history and has inspired a generation. She's wrestled all the top names in the independent scene and has wrestled for some of the top promotions. Sara is now known or working in WWE as a trainer and to be honest I think it's the perfect role for her. She can teach the girls of the future everything they need to know and with her experience she is set to make the future of the WWE divas division an amazing one. I do plan on writing up much more about Sara in the up coming weeks so make sure to keep an eye out for that.


Feel free to let me know who your top Indy female wrestlers are by leaving a comment bellow or by tweeting me at @TezangiVictoria.

Comments

Popular Posts