NXT Review and Reactions

Hello everyone and welcome back to Talk Wrestling World, I hope your all well. I'm back today with yet another Review and Reactions post. I feel like I'm bombarding you with Review and reactions posts lately but it is all apart of my changes to my blog. I mentioned last week that I will now be doing NXT, Main event and Smackdown Review and reactions posts and I will try to have them up the following day at the same times but it may change some weeks, in particularly pay per view prediction weeks. Today is my second NXT review and reactions post of the year. I will of course leave the link bellow to last weeks posts so you can catch up on everything and stay all up to date on everything. Finally, you can let me know what YOU thought of last nights show by leaving a comment bellow or by tweeting me at @TezangiVictoria.


So last night NXT came to us for the first time on a Wednesday night and in my opinion this was the best episode of NXT ever. Seriously, I cannot believe that they fitted so much in in the space of an hour. Every single match was on point. They all delivered on such a high standard and raised the bar not just for the WWE main roster but for themselves and every on the NXT roster in the back. I would still love to see the show change to two hours but I think what they proved last night that one hour is enough for them to really show what they can do and they can all have amazing amazing match ups. Four matches were simply enough to through this weeks episode of RAW out of the water.


Tyson Kidd VS Finn Balor 
The first match of the night saw Tyson Kidd take on crowd favourite Finn Balor. This was easily one of the best matches of the night and there was no other match that could of kick started the night better than this. What I love about both these superstars is how similar they are and how much they can and do bring to the ring, I could literally watch these two wrestle for hours on end and even though it won't ever happen I would love to see these guys main event a huge pay per view against each other because they could easily steal the show, just like they did last night. We hadn't before last night seen that much from Finn, we've seen a fair amount but not enough in my opinion but last night we really got to see that much more and I already think it's going to be one of the best matches of the year, that's how much I loved it. I was also surprised with how much time they got in the ring last night. Because NXT is a only a one hour show we don't get many matches and there not really that long but the length of this match was perfect (even though I would of loved to have seen much much more) they had enough time to show what they can do and proved that you don't need thirty minuets in the ring to put on an amazing match and steal the show. Of course it was Finn who scored the win over Kidd but for some reason I don't think this is the end of Tyson Kidd and Finn Balor.


Bull Dempsey VS Baron Corbin 
Up next powerhouses Bull Dempsey and Baron Corbin finally collided as after weeks of one up-ing each other they met one on one in the middle of he NXT ring for the first time. I was very impressed with this match. Of course the match was short and sweet but they both (especially Baron) got to show much more in the ring and they were both pretty impressive. I do think that now they have had their match the WWE need to allow them both to show much more of their move set. I have seen some of Barons work from live events and he does have a decent move set with some really impressive stuff to show it's just about getting the booking right. They have built him up really really well so far and he's already developed a strong following in a matter of months, but now it's about taking it up a notch and showing even more of him. As for Bull he too has a lot more to show. I'd love for the two to continue their feud because I think there's still a lot more to the feud and there's still a lot more they can do together. As I said the match was good, it was a nice short, strong, old school battle. It was two big power houses colliding and I was very impressed, especially with Baron. I still cannot believe he was able to hit the end of days on an almost three hundred pound man, he got an insane reaction from the crowd and is really cementing a strong career in NXT and the WWE as a whole.


Becky Lynch and Sasha Banks VS Natalya and Charlotte
We then had the only divas match of the night and let's face it, it was another great great match. As the team of Becky Lynch and Sasha Banks took on former Divas champion Natalya and current NXT women's champion Charlotte. What really put a smile on my face was seeing Charlotte and Natalya team up. These two girls are the best of the best. They had one of the best diva matches of all time and one of the top matches of two thousand and fourteen. Their easily going to be future hall of famers and go on to have even better matches on the main roster, coming from two legendary families, seeing them team up on the same side of the ring really was an amazing sight and they of course worked perfectly together. I still don't like the teaming of Banks and Lynch. It just doesn't work in my opinion but what I will say is it does remind me of the AJ Lee/Tamina relationship where Becky is acting as the muscle of the relationship. However, a little thought popped into my mind when I was watching this and it really did make me think. I honestly can't see Becky lasting long in the WWE. They've already changed her gimmick up on several occasion and have clearly struggled to hit the nail on the head with her. Storyline wise I do think she's also very limited but if they do have Banks take the title off Charlotte than they could be on to something with Lynch. All four women got their time in the ring last night to shine. Charlotte and Natalya worked amazingly well together and showed insane strength, but once again it was Banks who stole the show and picked up the win for her and Lynch.


Sami Zayn VS Adrian Neville
Finally, it was main event time and Sami Zayn was set to have he's first title defence since winning the NXT championship at Takeover R Evolution as he took on the man he won the title from in the first place, Adrian Neville. What can I say? Amazing. I feel like I sound like a broken record but
these two freaking owned it! The simple fact is you could watch them wrestle each other for hours and hours on end because they just keeping raising the bar. No match of theirs has been weak, or boring, they always show us things we have never ever been seen done before and still leave us completely speechless. It was another back and fourth match that left me wanting more and on edge. There's that level of unpredictability whenever these guys go one on one or are in the same ring as each other full stop that you just don't get with two other superstars.  Zayn was able to maintain the championship but after the match was once again attacked by Owen's. I honestly cannot wait for these two to go one on one inside the NXT ring.

Top 5 Knockouts champions of all time
NXT Review and reactions

Comments

Popular Posts