RAW Predictions

Hello everyone and welcome back to Talk Wrestling World. It's Monday witch of course can only mean one thing, it's time for my RAW predictions. So tonight's show is not only the go home episode for the TLC pay per view but it's also the two thousand and fourteen Slammy awards, so there's a lot to pack into one post today. I also just want to quickly mention that this week is I will begin to put up my diva of the year, superstar and match of the year posts so keep an eye out for those, the links to each post will be up on twitter and tumblr when they are up. This week will also see my TLC prediction go up every single say leading up to Sunday and also my NXT Takeover [R] Evolution predictions so it's a busy seven day's ahead! You can let me know what you're predictions are for each show and who YOU think should be the superstar and diva of 2014 by leaving a comment bellow or by tweeting me at @TezangiVictoria. The links to any recent post will also be bellow.

As I have already mentioned tonight is a huge night in the WWE as it's the official go home show for the TLC pay per view and the two thousand and fourteen Slammy awards. I did mention last week that I was going to start doing six bullet points for each thing I want to talk about but because there is so much going on tonight I figured I'm just going to write away and we will see how many I get done. Also note that because it's my TLC prediction week I won't be going into too much detail with the feuds or the show just so I'm not repeating myself all the time and it's get boring. So let's just jump into today's topics!

Go hard or go home...
With the final pay per view of the year taking place this Sunday live on the WWE network, tonight is the official go home show and with a strong card full of hot feuds, the final touches for each match will be set tonight. There are some feuds that need that little extra push more than others, so hopefully the WWE realise that and pay a little more attention to those. I also think it's pretty clear every storyline needs a little polish tonight just so everything is clear and ready for Sunday. The first feud I'm talking about today is of course Bray Wyatt and Dean Ambrose. I actually haven't spoke much about this feud simply because I don't have much to say. I have mentioned several times that I'm really disappointed with how the WWE have treated the feud; it'clearly failed to live up to the expectations and the blame for that easily falls on the WWE. They have paid way more attention to Seth Rollins, John Cena and the RAW general manager, in fact there has been more attention paid to the GM than the actual superstars these past couple of week's. That being said this time round the build up has been much much stronger. Both Ambrose and Wyatt have had much more time on RAW and Ambrose has at least wrestled once on the live show before the pay per view. Tonight, I think it's vital the WWE give their feud that one last big push to really get every one ready and excited for their match on Sunday. As you would of seen last week on Smackdown, Dean was taken out of the building via a stretcher after Bray attacked him before a match. Tonight Ambrose will be in search of  gaining some momentum, how exactly he does this will be interesting. Maybe a promo, since he has not hit the mic with hard, solid promo on RAW for quite sometime it's likely he will do so tonight. One thing I have noticed is Bray has not had a singles match or in fact any match on RAW for a while now, so I honestly think it's really important they have him in a match tonight; if they do, expect a certain lunatic fringe to make an appearance and get some retribution. Either way, tonight the WWE must put more focus on these two and their feud.

Other matches on the card for Sundays pay per view include a chairs match between Ryback and Kane and a tag team match for the tag team championships between the Usos and current champs Th Miz and Damien Mizdow. I have to be honest, I'm not interested in either one of these matches. First of all there's the chairs match between Kane and Ryback. There has been nothing to make me want to watch this match what so ever. I don't think they have strong chemistry in the ring what so ever, the
build up has been beyond weak and I don't have high expectations of their match at all. Tonight the WWE must focus a little more on these two. Weather it's a little brawl between the two (witch I'd like to see) or some backstage work that isn't childlike like what we have been given already, there has to be something to make me and the rest of the WWE universe excited for their match on Sunday. A backstage brawl seems perfect to me. We can probably expect to see Kane in either singles or tag team competition tonight, there is no doubt in my mind he will compete tonight either way, maybe against Ziggler? The exact same thing goes for the tag team match. Last week the WWE showed that they are going down a new root for Jimmy Uso, as they began to show  Naomi and Jimmy as an on screen couple with Jimmy playing the jealous husband. My feelings on this have changed a lot over the past seven day's but I'm trying to stay positive and hope that this does plenty of good or Naomi. We can expect Jimmy to show more of that jealous aggressive side tonight and it's also likely he will collide with Damien Mizdow.
Luke Harper also needs to gain some momentum tonight before heading into he's ladders match Sunday against Ziggler. A clean win over a superstar will work for him and also an attack on Ziggler, to further push him as a heel and of course give him some momentum before the weekend.

Last week saw a busy week for Mr Money in the bank Seth Rollins and John Cena. During the main event last week on Monday night RAW, Cena, Ziggler and Ryback scooped up a huge win over Rollins, Kane and Luke Harper. This week Seth will be searching for retribution and momentum heading into he's TLC main event. What will the self proclaimed future of the WWE have in store for everyone tonight?

To be announced tonight? 
Now, even the card for TLC is looking strong there are still some empty gaps and we can expect to see a couple more matches for the pay per view announced tonight. Of course the first match likely to be announced tonight is the divas championship title match between Nikki Bella and AJ Lee. The two have been spitting hate at each other for the past two weeks and tonight we can see the announcement of their one on one match for Sunday. Last week on RAW we saw Nikki tap out to AJ during a tag team match and after Brie failed to defeat Naomi last Friday on Smackdown tonight we can expect to see Bella's attempted to get some momentum, Nikki in particular before she defends her championship Sunday. While we are one the topic of Divas, I will expect to see Naomi in competition tonight, maybe a re-match against Brie. I personally want to see Nikki compete tonight and I think it's important that she does compete tonight to get some momentum.
Another possible match to be announced for TLC is Rusev VS Jack Swagger. As we have seen over the past couple of weeks, the WWE have brought back the Swagger/Rusev feud and I have made several comments about this so I won't go back into that again. I do think that if they have a match on Sunday than Swagger not only has to win but it also has to be a long and solid match. Tonight Swagger will be looking for momentum and retribution after Zeb was attacked last week of course by Rusev.

NXT LIVE....
This Thursday will see the fourth live NXT show, NXT Takeover [R] Evolution. The last time there was alive NXT show, some of the superstars set to compete at the show got to have a little match on Monday night RAW and Tuesday on Main event. The idea was a huge hit and ever since everyone has wanted to see more NXT superstars feature on the main roster a couple of times before they officially debut. Tonight I think we are all keeping out fingers crossed that they do this once again. I don't see why they wouldn't do it; it promotes not only NXT but the WWE network at the same time. If they do do this than hopefully we will see a couple of divas considering they didn't  have any before. The fact that Charlotte is due to come up to the main roster very soon means she will probably be the one to make an appearance tonight.

And the award goes to...
Tonight is also the two thousand and fourteen Slammy awards and the categories and nominees were all announced this past Saturday on WWE.COM, you can still vote so make sure you go and do so if you haven't already done so.  Some of the awards will be given out on the RAW Pre show so bare that in mind also. I'm not going to make any huge comments here because throughout the week I will
be doing my own version of the Slammys as I will be uploading all my of the year post and today my top five divas of the year are so I will leave the link to that post bellow so you can go and check that out if you haven't already done so. I predict tonight we will see AJ Lee as diva of the year, Seth as superstar of the year and Dean Ambrose as breakout star of the year, but that dose not mean I want these guys to win these awards there just my predictions.


Top 5 divas of the year
TLC Predictions part one

Comments

Popular Posts