RAW Review and Reactions

Hey everyone and welcome back to Talk Wrestling World! I can't actually believe this is the final RAW Review and Reactions post I will write in two thousand and fourteen, it feels like the time has flown by! I want to say a quick thank you to everyone who reads my blog and my constant moans! So much has happened in my life by writing this blog in such a short amount of time and I wouldn't be writing and doing the things I'm doing right now if it wasn't for you guy's who come and read what I write so thank you, Happy New year and let's make two thousand and fifteen even better! So last night we saw the final episode of Monday night RAW of the year and to be fair it wasn't all that bad. The matches were decent and their were some strong story development. We once again saw the WWE World heavyweight champion on our TV screens, Daniel Bryan made a huge announcement, tag team legends Christian and Edge hosted the show and we saw the return of the Authority. So it appears we have a lot to get through today. I will make sure to leave the links to any recent posts at the end of this and as always you can let me know what YOU thought of the finale RAW of the year by leaving a comment bellow or by tweeting me at @TezangiVictoria.


So the night kicked off with Edge and Christian making their return to the WWE as the special guest hosts. The duo made it clear they were in control of the show and quickly announced some matches scheduled to take place later on in the night including, a champion VS champion match against Rusev and Dolph Ziggler and a singles match up between Mr Money in the banks Seth Rollins and Roman Reigns. The fun and games soon ended however, with the surprise arrival of Paul Heyman and the WWE World Heavyweight champion Brock Lesnar. That's right, Brock Lesnar was at another RAW show! Shock horror. As Heyman put a damper on everything RAW became the "Lesnar/Cena build up" show. But of course there was no way Heyman was going to be able to stand in the middle of the ring with Lesnar all cocky and confident without someone bursting he's bubble. And of course the only man suitable to do is the Cenation leader himself and number one contender for Lesnars WWE World Heavyweight championship, John Cena. Of course, Cena ran us through the usual routine witch resulted in Lesnar walking right into a Cena's trap but managing to escape in time. The opening was strong. It was nice seeing my childhood hero's back inside a WWE ring together and come on who doesn't love a but of Heyman on a Monday night?


The first match of the night was the champion VS champion match between US champ Rusev and Intercontinental champ Dolph Ziggler. Admittedly I wasn't jumping up and down with joy for this match but I stayed positive and watched anyway. To be fair this was actually a pretty decent match. These are both two extremely talented superstars, who manage to really compliment each other in the ring so well. I mentioned last night that I'm really starting to like Rusev and he's very quickly becoming a favourite of mine. I know a lot of people don't like the gimmick but he plays it really well and really convincingly and you cannot deny the fact he is a great wrestler with bags of potential. I hope that when he drops the title the WWE maintain their faith in him. Ziggler ended up walking away with a DQ win. At the end of the match Ryback would come to the aid of Ziggler clearing the ring of Rusev and Lana. When RAW came back on air after the commercial break Ryback was still in the ring and he was strangely holding a mic. As he waited for the crowd to go calm down he began to tell the WWE universe about he's journey to wear he is. Yes, I did mock this and make a thew little jokes last night but I actually did really like this. It was nice hearing a more honest side to Ryback and hearing he's journey to how he got to wear he is now. Of course they did so to help build a more
personal connection between him and the fans as he goes deeper into he's feud with Rusev but it was good and worked really well.


We then had the one and only divas match of the night and yes it was another stupid three minuet thing, mainly used to promote Total Divas witch returns this Sunday. The match up saw Natalya take on divas champion Nikki Bella, one on one. The commentary team didn't even commentate the actual match and focused more on reminding everyone about the new total divas airing this weekend and the marriage problems between Natalya and Tyson Kidd.  After a quick distraction Nikki was able to get a quick win. January will be Women's month on my blog so I will be writing up way more as to how I feel about this and the way the divas are treated now days.


We then had a title match, as The Miz and Damien Mizdow defended their tag team titles against the Usos. This match surprisingly really good, in fact one of the best matches of the night. I will admit I'm not a fan of either of these tag teams but I was pretty entertained last night. The Usos ended up scoring the win becoming two time tag team champions. You would of all seen my little moan last night but that's only because I'm personally not an Usos fan but with the Ascension now on the main roster I can't moan too much because I know I'd much rather see them feud with the Usos rather than Miz and Mizdow. While we're on this topic I might as well talk about the official main roster debut of Ascension. So, the two had their debut match against former tag team champion Damien Mizdow and the Miz witch I Suppose made sense. The crowd were terrible throughout the whole night and that didn't change with the arrival of the Ascension but they got a great reaction on twitter. The WWE have made a thew changes to them that I'm not a fan of but so far so good and I hope they really do connect with the fans who have never seen their work from NXT.


Last night also saw the return of Bad News Barrett witch made me beyond happy. For the past couple of weeks I'd been tweeting and mentioning on my blog how much I wanted Barrett back in action and after competing at a live show on Friday it was great to see him finally back on RAW. He's return match would be against Cesaro. The two had a pretty awesome match for the time they had in the ring but I really would like to see more of these two in the ring together. I think they could easily have an amazing feud. They're both amazingly talented superstars who really do complement each other in the ring. It was nice seeing Barrett work as a baby face and being back in the ring, he got a great reaction and it was also nice seeing Cesaro address what has been said about him backstage.


We also saw Jack Swagger and Luke Harper go at it in a one on one match. The WWE clearly are not quite sure on what to do with these two at the moment but I do hope they have something strong planned for both of these guys for the new year. It was Harper who walked away with the clean win last night. We then of course has Roman Reigns VS Seth Rollins. It was evident that Rollins was one hundred percent carrying the match. He was the stand out of the match and show once again and Reigns struggled keeping up and showing anything new. Big show did a pretty awesome job on commentary to. The match ended in DQ, of course.


Daniel Bryan also announced that he would be returning to action at the Royal Rumble pay per view witch was great news and he delivered a truly moving speech.

We then had out little main event "Cutting Edge Peep Show" with Seth Rollins, Edge and of course Christian. Rollins would turn things a little dark as he threatened Cena to bring back the Authority or he would curb stop Edge, witch of course would leave him paralysed. The mic work from Rollins was actually pretty fucking awesome and he had one of he's best if not actual best mic performance of he's WWE career. Anyway, Cena has no choice but to reinforce the Authority and to be honest I couldn't be more happy. I have been saying for a thew weeks now how much I wanted them back and it was all smiles and champaign as Triple H and Stephanie McMahon came out with huge smiles on their faces as they alongside Seth Rollins, J&J Security, Paul Heyman and Brock Lesnar closed the show and ended the year on a massive high.

So that was our final episode of RAW of the year, what did you think? Leave a comment bellow letting me know what you thought and what your predictions are for the new year.

RAW Predictions

Comments

Popular Posts