Most Improved Diva of the year: Nikki bella

Hello everyone and welcome back to Talk Wrestling World. We have finally reached December and it's going to be a huge thew week's here on my blog. As I take you though my best moment's of 2014. These include, pay per view of the year, superstar and diva of the year, debut of the year and much much more, as you will have already seen. This series will run all the way through to December getting ready for the start of 2015. None of these post's have been influenced by any of my readers or follower's and have all been judged and wrote up according to notes I have taken over the past twelve months, previous blog post and my own opinions. However, that being said I would love to know what YOU think. So feel free to leave a comment bellow in the comments section or tweet me at @TezangiVictoria contributing you opinions of the action taken place over the past year. I will also make sure to leave the link's to any recent post's bellow so you can keep up to date & check them out if you haven't already done so.

Today I'm taking you back down the diva's division, giving out the award for most improved diva of the year. This was one of the post's in the series I really wanted to get right and express my reasons for as much as I possibly could. I looked back at all my notes, tweets and blog posts from the past twelve months and decided on who I was going to write about and announce as my most improved diva of the year. For this post I did include NXT divas but after spending hours going over everything and gathering my thoughts, I finally had my chosen diva and it won't come to much surprise that Nikki Bella claims my little award for most improved WWE diva of the year.
Throughout the year I have been one of many to heavily criticise and moan about both Bella twins; weather it be their mic skills or ring work, I have been right there highlighting their obvious weaknesses and to be honest the girl's have had a tough tough year. However, despite all negativity I could not deny the fact that Nikki Bella has completely changed thing's around for herself this year and has gone on to be one of the best in her division weather we like it or not.

Since the start of Total Divas two year's ago (I will leave the link bellow to my Total Divas thoughts posts) a strong group of the WWE's female talent have been thrown into the spotlight and forced to adjust to a new level of fame they had not experienced yet. One of the top women to have to deal with this was arguably the face of the reality show, Nikki Bella. With strong amount of her personal life between her family and 15 time champion John Cena, Nikki had no other option but to get used to the new found attention and work it the best she could. The introduction of Total Divas gave Nikki a brand new strong following and the WWE was set to give her one heck of a push, and so they did as the year went by.
When the WWE put Brie Bella in one of the biggest storyline's of the year, it wouldn't take long for Nikki to be put in the picture and who would have thought she would be the one to steal the spotlight. The storyline first focused around building Brie's popularity having her fight by her husband,Daniel Bryan's, side. This would then see Brie quit the WWE (as part of the storyline) and as a result Nikki was punished by the Authority being put in unfair matches, including handicap matches and other crazy stipulations. When Brie returned to face Stephanie McMahon at Summer Slam, it would set the scene for Nikki's heel turn. At one of the biggest pay per views of the year Nikki would finally turn on her sister, costing her the match and enter a new feud with Brie.

While Brie was out of action and Nikki was competing in the "unfair" matches the WWE used her absences to give Nikki the extra push she needed on the roster and the more attention to her actual wrestling. Throughout this time Nikki showed a limited wrestling ability, witch of course was not her fault because she simply didn't have enough time in the ring to showcase a lot; however she did have the odd strong moments and strong spots but of course the WWE was focusing a great deal of their attention on Brie. What I realised however was how much attention I was actually taking on Nikki. There was something clearly huge building up and I found myself watching her every move in the ring and in backstage segments.
When she finally turnt heel the execution of it was perfect. She new what she was doing and how to do it. The timing was right, the attitude was there, the passion and reality felt just that, real, and it had a strong effect on a good amount of the WWE universe. Already Nikki showed character improvement. The build up was done almost to perfection too but I did see how Nikki could of done more to add to it, just little of things that would of made the whole thing that bit stronger.

The feud between Nikki and Brie was a hit and miss one with the WWE universe and I have to admit I found myself muting the TV at times and cringing at what I was seeing and hearing. The mic work in particular was some of the worst stuff I heard in a while, and trust me that is saying something now days. There was nothing real or convincing about a word that came out of Nikki's mouth. She didn't
make us believe a single thing she said and the execution of what she way saying was beyond cringe worthy.  Every single week there would a crazy amount of hate towards both Nikki and Brie and with Nikki being the huge, centre stage heel it was her that everyone was throwing the hate at, including myself.
However it didn't take too long for Nikki to really begin to shine. It was evident that Nikki was a born heel. She began to really stand out and became one of the top heels in the divas division. Everything about her screamed perfect heel. The way she carried herself, her facial expressions, the way she acted towards not just the baby faces but all the divas and her connection with the crowd made her the perfect heel.

What really made Nikki stand out for me this year was her wrestling ability. Now I don't care if your a fan of Nikki or not, you can't deny the fact she was a talented wrestler and has improved massively over the past twelve months. She clearly has strength on her side and she uses that to her fullest, putting as much strength based moved in her move set as possible. She also has an impressive speed in the ring she's shown to have an extremely diverse move set and to be honest I think here is still a lot more left for her to show. In my opinion it was her performance at the Night of champions pay per view witch was saw her turning point. She was hands down the stand out of the match and being in the ring with the companies top divas she managed to out shine them both despite not picking up the win. What we have also seen is a serious improvement in the way she does the most basic of moves in the ring. She's much more comfortable, she stays in character throughout her matches, she dominates every match she is in, the speed is a lot quicker and you don't get the sense that she has planned out every single move and is thinking her way through everything. When she captured the divas championship back at the Survivor Series pay per view I was beyond happy. It was the start of a lot of amazing things to come for her. When it comes to storyline's there was no one in the division that was worthy of holding the title. She worked her way up to the top this year and earned the championship. Not to mention she possibly has the best divas finisher around at the moment.

This year has been a huge turn around for Nikki and I have to admit she has completely changed my opinion of her in the past twelve months. She's really come into herself, creating Nikki Bella instead of being known as "the other twin with the boob job". She has worked at everything, from her character to her ring work to her weakest spot, her mic work. She has developed a huge following and has silenced many haters around the world. Her mic work is much more fluent, passionate, natural and less false and put on all you have to do is listen to her full Smackdown Promo she delivered on AJ Lee to know that. Yes she still has a lot to improve on but she has more than earned the right to be the divas champion and I honestly think she has a great year ahead.


CATCH UP ON THE LATEST BLOG POSTS: 

Heel of the year

Debut Of The Year

Roman Reigns MUST Show improvements upon WWE Return

RAW Review and Reactions

Comments

  1. Nikki Bella is the only diva in WWE. I just love you and your fashion

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts