TLC Predictions: Erick Rowan VS The Big Show

                                                   Erick Rowan VS The Big Show
                                                               Stairs Match 
Hello everyone and welcome back to Talk Wrestling World! So we are in the final month of the year and this Sunday the WWE will present the two thousand and fourteen final pay per view, TLC (Tables,Ladders and Chairs), live on the WWE network and cable TV. Throughout the week I will be giving you my predictions for each match on the card, analysing the action from the past month and letting you guy's know who I think will be walking out of TLC with a win and why. I actually cannot believe this is my last prediction series of the year! It's gone so quick and I want to say a huge thank you to everyone who reads all my posts, it's you guy's that keep me writing! I will make sure to leave the link's bellow to any recent posts so you can check them all out and keep up to date. You can also let me know what your TLC prediction are by leaving a comment bellow in the comments section or by tweeting me at @TezangiVictoria.

A couple of month's back the WWE revealed that they would be splitting up one of the biggest factions they had produced in recent years, The Wyatt family. Over the past several weeks the company has been building up and moulding the solo careers of Luke Harper, Erick Rowan and Bray Wyatt, having them all work fresh feuds with different superstars and having them all going down a different root on the roster. They would first show Rowan back adopting a childlike gimmick have some kind of attraction to backstage interviewer and commentator Renee Young. Luke Harper would begin to work as a major heel, possibly getting the biggest push of the three men also becoming the new Intercontinental champion. As for leader Bray, he is currently working a feud with the lunatic fringe Dean Ambrose and the two will square off for a second time this Sunday. Last month at the Survivor Series pay per view both Rowan and Harper would main event the show as Harper joined team Authority and Rowan would declare himself as the third fourth member of team Cena. The WWE did have us believe that Rowan and Harper would enter a heated feud with each other however after the Big Show turnt he's back on he's team, Rowan was put in a new feud, and so this Sunday Erick Rowan will have he's first solo pay per view match as he goes one on one with the Big show in a stairs match.

After the Big show turnt he's back on Team Cena last month at the Survivor Series pay per view, the WWE universe  questioned what was next for him. It's no secret that the big show is getting closer and closer to he's retirement day by day; storyline wise, the company have struggled over the past thew years to get the veteran in hot feuds and that make the fans want to watch the product. So if Show was planing on staying around a little longer, it was crucial  that the WWE gave him something solid to work with. The night after Survivor Series Show would address the WWE universe, attempting to explain he's actions from the previous night'; but it was nothing we hadn't already seen and it looked like we wasn't getting anything new. However, after he told the superstars in the back (from the ring) that if they have a problem with him to confront him to he's face. This would attract the attention of upcoming star Erick Rowan, who of course was also on team Cena the previous night. Rowan would claim he "doesn't like bullies" and would attack Show after Show had been pretty nasty to Erick to say the least. For the past couple of weeks we have seen the two collide a thew times seeing a lot of those moments have Rowan as the man looking the strongest. Last week on RAW after Show attacked Rowan with a steel step, later on in the night Rowan would get he's retribution and attack all the heels present, including Big show,  with a steel step. This would lead to the announcement that at the TLC pay per view, the Big show and Erick Rowan would square off in a stairs match.

I will admit that I was one of many to heavily criticise Rowan over the year. I mentioned several times on my blog and on twitter that I felt Rowan was the weakest member of the Wyatt family and I still stick to that statement. I do however, believe he was extremely overshadowed  by Harper and Bray who do have that little big more experience than he does. After seeing just the small amount of work we have seen from him the past couple of weeks and looking back at what he has done since debuting I think it's clear he has a lot lot more to show, and he does have a really wide move set that we are still yet to see. He has something very traditional about him and he does go pretty old school when he's in the ring and come on who doesn't like some old school. What I have also grown to really love about Rowan is how much personality he has. Unlike most the superstars on the roster he doesn't have to hit the mic and deliver a killer promo to sell he's matches and feuds; a simple one liner and he's natural aggressiveness and love to fight era is enough to grip the entire WWE universe and make us want more. I know that I personally have become a huge fan of Rowan's in just a thew weeks, so imagine the impact he will have on the fans in the next year. If the WWE use him properly than we could be looking at one of the top superstars the company has seen in a very very long time.

When it comes down to this feud in particular I think this is a great great great idea. Now, you all know how much I moan and rant about the decisions WWE make and you will always see me telling everyone how I think they should of done things; but this time round they have really got things right. If I'm being honest, the last time I was really interested in a big show feud was probably a couple of years ago when he was working with Sheamus, and to be honest I wasn't even that interested in that storyline. I have also expressed so much over the past month or so that I was really worried about what they would do with Erick Rowan when he goes solo. I simply felt that unlike Harper and Bray who are so easy to put in a hot feud, with Rowan's look, character,connection with the fans and move set it would be difficult to put him in a good, solid feud. I did a whole post on this witch I will leave the link to bellow. In that post I spoke what I thought the WWE would do with him. I'm so glad they didn't do what I thought they was going to because this was the perfect idea for him. I honestly think that feuding with the Big show is the best way to really kick start the solo career of Erick Rowan. This really allow him to grow and show a lot in the ring. It will also allow us to see a side of him we haven't yet. He will get to show that unique, interesting aggressive side  to him while at the same time pushing him as a big baby face. This feud, I'm convinced will bring out the very best in him and give him something really strong to start the year off with.

Right the actual match now and I think this is going to surprise us all and be really strong. These are two huge guy's going at it this Sunday. On one side we have the more experienced, veteran strongly in heel mode at the moment and on the other side we have the younger, upcoming superstar with th
e WWE universe one hundred per cent on he's side. I doubt they will give these two a lot of time in the ring this weekend, but I do hope they get about fifteen minuets minimum. I think this weekend is really really important for Rowan; it's he's first solo pay per view match and with Bray and Harper being right at the top at the moment he needs to be shown off the best as possible. That being said I really do think he will do just that. As I said, I believe this match could surprise and I think Rowan could be a stand out of the night. He clearly has momentum on he's side and the WWE universe for that matter. Rowan has got to pick up the win over Show this Sunday, it's vital. It would make no sense what so ever to have him lose to Show at all, but I suppose it also boils down to how long the WWE plan on having this feud go on for. For those of you ruling this match out already, DON'T! I have high hopes for this one and you should too, a certain ginger bearded man is about to really
impresses us, trust me.

WHO I WANT TO WIN- ERICK ROWAN
WHO I THINK WILL WIN - ERICK ROWAN 

Comments

Popular Posts