Superstar of the week: Erick Rowan

Hello everyone and welcome back to Talk Wrestling World. It's Sunday and time for my last Superstar of the week post of two thousand and fourteen. I can't actually believe this is the last one of the year, it's gone by so quickly and I want to thank everyone who reads these every single week. Last week I did not put up my superstar of the week post because I was rally unwell and I'm still pretty ill today but I wanted to get up my final one of the year. Next week I will begin to upload my superstar of the year posts and matches of the year so make sure to keep an eye out for that. You can let me know who you're superstar of the week is by leaving a comment bellow or by tweeting me at @TezangiVictoria. I will also leave the links bellow to any recent posts so you can keep all up to date on everything.


I mentioned in yesterdays top five that this week was really difficult coming up with only five stand outs of the week because so many drew my attention, especially NXT superstars and divas. Deciding who was going to be placed at number one was an even more difficult task however I knew deep down from last week who I wanted at number one so I stuck with it and as a result this week's superstar of the week is Erick Rowan. I'm pretty sure this will come to no surprise to any of you considering ho highly I have been speaking of him over the past month or so both here on my blog and on twitter. I even mentioned last week (when Rowan came in at number two, a link to that post will be bellow) that I'm sure I will be having him at number one in the upcoming weeks. It appearers that he made it at number sooner rather than later. The reason I had him in at number one is simply because he has drawn my attention. Out of everyone on the roster it has been Rowan that has excited me the most. Rowan who has left me wanting more.

When the WWE made it clear that they were splitting up the Wyatt family I was really disappointed. The timing didn't feel right and it still felt like as a faction there was still so much left for them to do. I also felt and still feel that Rowan and Harper should of held the tag team championships and Bray should of held a major championship before they split them up. I did however think that the split would seriously benefit Luke Harper, who I did think was getting overshadowed by Bray Wyatt. However, there was on person I was really worried about when it came to the split. Erick Rowan. I mentioned so many times in several posts that I felt he was the weaker member and I still stick to that. Bray and Harper had so much personality that Rowan was getting lost and he ended up just being there. Another thing is that Harper and Bray are so easy to put in feuds and storyline's and can work as heels perfectly; Rowan on the other hand didn't have as much personality. It felt like he was missing something and I feared that if they had him work as a heel also, he would struggle greatly. When they had him first make a TV appearance as a solo performer the WWE made us believe that they were going down this line of a childlike gimmick with a love for backstage interviewer Rene Young. I mentioned in a blog post that I felt this was a good way to go down but, I still felt he would struggle.

Things took a turn for the best when the WWE placed Rowan as the fourth member of team Cena for the Survivor Series pay per view. As soon as he came out to the ring to announce he was joining team Cena, he got a huge reaction from both the live crowd and everyone at home. In that moment I began to believe that there was something strong for Rowan. On the Smackdown of that week the WWE made it clear they wanted to showcase Rowan the best they could before the live show on Sunday, and they did a good job, or should I say Rowan did a good job. In the short amount of time he was in the ring he showed a lot of strength, and he felt very old school, but I like that. Working him as a baby face was the best move to make by far. I also love love love the fact he is using the torture Rack, nice to see it come back to the ring. I think what I began to realise was all that time he was apart of the Wyatt family I was too busy comparing him to Harper and Bray to notice he's true talents.
At the actual Survivor Series pay per view Rowan had a solid performance. He lasted a decent time and hit some great spots. The main thing to highlight is that he main evented a major pay per view in a major match.

The following night on RAW, they put him in a fresh feud with the big show and I have said it several times but I love this idea. I never ever thought I would of said that but I think this is just the perfect feud for Rowan to kick star he's solo career. He had another huge reaction from the crowd and everyone on twitter. I have felt that throughout he's solo run and and feud with the Big show he has been the stand out. He's been on the wining side multiple times and in such a short amount of time he has developed a strong following. He played a huge role on RAW this past week and really pushed he's feud. He's shown so much in the ring and has really developed over the past month. I still think there is so much more left to see of him and at TLC he will be showing us all that even more.

Top 5 superstars of the week
Feud of the year

Comments

Popular Posts