RAW Review and Reactions

Hello everyone and welcome back to Talk Wrestling World. It's Tuesday and of course that can only mean it's time for my RAW Review and Reactions. I think anyone who follows me on twitter will know how much of an emotional roller-coaster last night was for me and it sure as hell didn't end on a high for me what so ever. Anyway more on that later, but last night presented the 2014 Slammy awards and was also the official go home show for the TLC pay per view witch takes place this Sunday. The show as an odd one, with the most random of matches and bookings thrown together and I have to be honest I didn't enjoy that show at all, there was a thew good moments, I'll admit that but it was not worth staying up for in my opinion. This week is also my official TLC prediction posts week, my NXT Takeover predictions and my official superstar, diva and matches of the week posts. You can let me know what YOU thought of last nights show by leaving a comment bellow or by tweeting me at @TezangiVictoria. 

So last night's show kicked off with Jerry giving us a good old reminder that it was Slammy award night (because we needed reminding) and introducing the host of the night, Seth Green; who by the way was a really good guest host, if I must say so myself. I will not go into the Slammy award winners until right at the end of this post were I will discus my reactions, opinions and much much more, obvious I can't reveal much because it will just spoil my posts to come in the week but I will give you a strong insight to what I thought of last nights winners.

The first match of the night saw Mr Money in the bank go one on one with Dolph Ziggler. This match was okay. I mentioned last night that I could honestly watch these two wrestle all day long, they compliment each other in the ring so well and they just manage to always put on an amazing, pure, solid wrestling match; however I just felt like their match was rushed. It hands down should of been much longer but it was a nice way to boost the momentum of  Seth Rollins before heading into TLC. Another problem I did have with the match was that we missed a good chunk of it right at the beginning due to a commercial ad break. This is a serious on going problem the WWE need to sort out because to b honest I'm sick and tired of bringing this up; having an ad break right at the beginning of the match, just as their starting completely takes away the feel of it and I straight away loose any interest. Also, I didn't get what the plan was with Ziggler last night. This Sunday he will attempt to capture the Intercontinental championship off of Luke Harper and the two didn't collide last night. There was no backstage brawl or a promo or anything. Neither of them scored a win last night and neither of them gained any momentum what so ever, both receiving a serious beat down, it made no sense what so ever.

Up next Kofi Kingston picked up a strange win over Stardust. Right, I'm gonna put it out there, I'm so bored of the Stardust gimmick now. It was funny and entertaining for the fist four week's or so but now I literally hate watching anything that involves him. I honestly think it's best they bring back Coy Rhodes; Because of how they got rid of Cody and brought Stardust into thee picture means it's going to be difficult bringing him back, but they could easily have him out of action for a while and then bring him back as Cody giving him a big push somewhere in the new year. I just flat out hate the Stardust stuff now and the sooner it ends the better. As for thee New Day stable, I like it. I've been
vocal about how much I like this idea since it came about but I do think the WWE have used them wrong already. They destroyed a lot of their momentum last week in the tag team turmoil, witch made no sense, they had them debut on Smackdown (witch was the first big mistake), and now they have them working this god awful feud with Gold and Stardust that no one in the entire world gives a crap about. I've said it fro day one but they should of made the New Day faction a heel faction. Working as a baby face just makes them cheesy and predictable, they could do a lot with them and the idea would be more successful if they were heels. Any, I didn't may much attention to the match but Kofi was the stand out by far. The ending was a joke but thankfully it was Kofi who came out on top.

It was then the moment of the night for me, as NXT Women's champion Charlotte went one on one with Natalya. I'm so glad they did this. With the fourth live NXT show airing this Thursday it made perfect sense to bring an NXT star to the main roster show last night to promote it and I was so glad Charlotte was able to be the one to take the big stage this time round. Now, if anyone has seen these two's NXT Takeover match back in May (I think it was) then you will know just what these girls can bring to the ring. They managed to have no just the best women's match in ten years but one of THE best matches of the entire year. There was not a single person on that main roster who Charlotte should of gone one on one with on her first main roster match than Natalya. Their match was nowhere near long enough but for the short time they had in the ring they really brought it and while I didn't like ending this was one of the best main roster diva matches of the year and Charlotte looked amazing in the ring and the crowd were pretty into the match. I still don't get why they had Charlotte loose her first main roster match and also for the fact she has a big title defence this Thursday but whatever, it's WWE, nothing shocks me with the divas division choices. The only way I can see this paying off is if they have Charlotte come up to the main roster really soon and have her feud with Natalya.

We then saw Dean Ambrose attack Bray Wyatt gaining some much needed momentum before the two step in the ring this Sunday at TLC. With Bray's promo and Deans surprise attack the finishing touches were added perfectly, however, I still do feel that Bray should of had a match on RAW, It's been a while since he had a strong match on RAW and he needed the momentum on he's side a little more.
Up next Luke Harper went one on on with Erick Rowan. This was clearly match or one of the best moments of the night. It didn't make sense, no, but it was great. I didn't get why these two were in a random match, I personally think they should of had them work a big feud before they stepped in the ring one on one. But the two stole the show and they deserved the moment, I say two when really it was al Rowan. I don't care what anyone thinks, Rowan stole the show for me in that one moment he had last night. He was just on fire last night! He gained bags and bags of momentum before he's match against the big show this Sunday. As for Harper, I have no idea what the WWE are doing with him right now. He's yet to pick up a solid, clean win and has no momentum what so ever. The attack was perfect last night but a beat down on Harper from Rowan made no sense.

In other news, Jack Swagger gained some much needed momentum after attacking Rusev, and it was also announced the two will go one on one this Sunday at TLC for the United States championship. The Usos and Ryback defeated the team of Kane and the tag team champions Miz and Mizdow. I have no opinions on this simply because this match was my idea of hell. AJ Lee scooped a win over Summer Rae. I mentioned last night I'm a huge fan of Summer and she had a good performance last night. Trust me don't write her off she has a lot to show and bring to the division. Main event time and it ended in DQ of course and after a big brawl it was Seth left standing once again delivering a triple power bomb to Cena through the announce table

Slammy Award...
Worst part of the whole night was the actual Slammy winners.  Reigns won superstar of the year witch made me the mos angry person in the entire world! I'm still angry by the way. AJ won diva of the year when it should of been Paige and Jericho won an award that should of gone to Rollins. Talking of Seth, it was him who walked away with the most awards with 4. Ambrose scooped up breakout star of the year, and the Survivor Series, team Cena VS Team Authority match won match of the year. All I will say is that these Slammys where a load of crap! Why Seth didn't win superstar of the year I don't know, the only conclusion is it was clearly staged!

But what did YOU think of last nights show? Leave a comment bellow letting me know or tweet me at @TezangiVictoria.

LATEST POST:
TLC Predictions part one
Top 5 divas of the year
TLC Predictions part 2

Comments

Popular Posts