NXT Takeover R Evolution Review and Reactions

Hello everyone and welcome back to Talk Wrestling World! Last night the WWE presented the fourth live NXT show in Florida, witch of course aired on the WWE network. UK viewers will get the show on Saturday, so I will shove this blog post down your throats for a thew days to come. Today I of course will be giving you my Review and Reactions for the whole show. Also providing some predictions for the upcoming year judging on what we saw last night. With a debut, a retirement and a new NXT champion, last night was full of unmissable, crazy excitement as I call this one of the best live shows the WWE has produced in the past ten years.You can let me know what YOU thought of last nights show by leaving a comment bellow in the comments section or by tweeting me at @TezangiVictoria. I will also leave the link bellow to any recent post including my predictions for last night show and the TLC pay per view witch of course will be airing this Sunday.

So, I'm gonna start off talking about the pre show. Usually I don't waste my time talking about pre shows and kick off shows because there's nothing really important to talk about or anything that stood out enough that needed commenting on. However last night was a whole different story as the saviour of misbehaviour made he's return to NXT half way through the pre show. The former NXT tag team champion was set to make a huge announcement and even though I tried to keep positive I knew deep down what was coming. Graves would soon announce that due to on going injuries he would not be stepping back into the ring, putting he's health first and retiring from in ring action. However, the WWE wanted to keep him and as of last night he became the latest addition to the NXT announce team. I think I did shed a little tear at this news, what sucks the most in my opinion is that the people who only watch the main shows will never know how amazing he is in the ring. But I do think he will make an amazing commentator and after he's debut last night I have to say the future of the commentary team is strong and he did an outstanding job.

The first match of the night saw the debut of international superstar Kevin Owens, formally known as Kevin Steen. Now, if you weren't aware of this amazing specimen before takeover than I can assure that you are about to see something you have never seen before and last night was just a taster of the truly amazing things to come. Owens first opponent in the WWE would be CJ Parker, who I think has gotten used to being the one to give thee new guys on the block that extra push on their debut. The crowd reaction for Owens was absolutely mind blowing! There was not a single person sitting. The whole arena were on their feet showing their appreciation for one of the independent scenes biggest stars. The match itself was actually pretty good. What I liked was how the didn't make it a two minuet squash match. The match was long enough for Kevin to show just how diverse he's move set is while at the same time not making the match 100% Owens dominated. The crowd were behind Kevin the entire time and he managed to pick up he's first win in the WWE.


Up next was the first title defence as Sin Cara and Kalisto defended their NXT Tag Team Championships against Aiden English and Simon Gotch, the Vaudevillians. I have to admit I was a little disappointed with this match. I think it was just because it was a little to short and I expected that little more but it was a solid tag match. It was back and fourth and a nice entertaining starter to really get us ready for even more to come. Kalisto and Sin Cara retained the championships and after last night I doubt there will be an on going feud between the two teams. It's time for another team to steal the spotlight I think.
Up next was a little squash match as Baron Corbin took on Tye Dillinger. Every time we do see Baron on our screens we are seeing more, but last night was the most we have seen of him in the ring. Now, you all know just how much I love Corbin, I'm always talking about him on my blog and on twitter, I have seen he's work from little live shows NXT do around the country and while he is really strong in the ring he does have a lot of work to do and I think that just simply boils down to the fact he hasn't been wrestling as long as most of the guys we see. However I honestly think the feud between him and Bull Dempsey is really going to let him shine. Last night after scoring another big win in around 40 seconds the WWE showed more progression in the feud as Bull stood in the crowd watching the match and as the two had a stare off the NXT universe went pretty crazy as we await more from these two in the upcoming weeks.

We then had another huge tag team match as Hedio Itami and Finn Balor stepped into the ring with the longest reigning NXT Tag team champions in history, Konnor and Vicktor, the Ascension. This match was simply epic. I don't know what words to use to describe this match up. The crowd were another thing to comment on because they were truly amazing throughout this match and the whole entire night. One of the big things to come out of last night and this match was of course the entrance of Finn Balor. WOW. That's pretty much all I can say, wow and epic. The WWE let him use the body paint last night, witch if you haven't been a fan of he's before or seen any of he's work, he used to wear it pretty much all the time in the indies. They made a thew other little adjustments to the entrance but it was...well fucking epic. The crowd went insane for him and the match itself was strong. One thing I did notice was how much more the WWE are fans of Balor than Itami. I'm not liking the way they have portrayed Hideo since arriving on the scene. They have made him look way too weak and I'm hoping that does change, but it just feels they are far more for Balor than Hideo. Hideo did get on huge pop from the crowd when he went for the GTS, witch I'm so glad their letting him use. I know it was originally he's move but I didn't think they would let him use it for the obvious reasons.


We then had the only divas match of the night as Charlotte defended her NXT Women's championship against the boss, Sasha banks. Now, I'm gonna make a bold statement and say this was one of the best divas matches I have ever seen. Probably the best female wrestling match the WWE have produced in ten years. I have been pretty vocal over the past year or so about how much I love Sasha banks, and how I have been following her career for quite sometime. I continuously tweeted and commented on my blog that I think Sasha is one of the best female talents the WWE have right now and have signed in many years and that she was still yet to really show what she can do in the ring in the WWE. Last night Sasha proved why I have been talking so highly of her and exactly what I have meant all this time. She completely stole the show and proved to be one of the best divas in the WWE today. I think after last night everyone is a converted Sasha Banks fan. You might not like her character but you have to respect her as an in ring performer. The level of physicality and athleticism  in this match was simply outstanding! It was pure wresting that left you remember why you love this business. With around a solid 20 minuets in thee ring they both got to really shine and they had probably the best put together match of the night. What I also really loved about this match was thee character. These two retained the high level of character throughout the whole of the match. Sasha as particularly amazing, continuously mocking Charlotte and her father Ric Flair. This really did make this match that one bit more amazing. This match was just perfection, I could not have asked more of a divas match and they proved that women could do just as much as men can do in the ring. They also got a "this is awesome" and "this is wrestling chant" witch made me just want to cry. It's a big shame we don't get this on the main roster for the female talent. The crowd were amazingly throughout and split between the two girls.Back and fourth match, great crowd reactions and Charlotte retained.

Finally, it was main event time and Adrian Neville was set to defend he's NXT championship against Sami Zayn. This was hands down the match of the night. What and amazing performance did these two truly amazing superstars put on for us last night? The crowd were pretty much one hundred per cent Sami Zayn. Throughout the whole match the crowd were on fire and they had every reason to be because these two stole the show. The passion was like no other. I don't think I have seen that much passion in a WWE match up in years! These two just brought it and proved that the future is going to be a great place to be. After a long, heart felt match Zayn finally one the big one and became the NXT champion and the whole roster came down to celebrate. In the closing moments Kevin Ownes shocked the entire NXT universe turning on Sami and leaving him exiting the arena in a stretcher. I honestly think this was the best way to end the night and I will definitely be talking more about this in the upcoming weeks.

Last night was truly amazing and the superstars simply brought it. The main roster guys and girls have a lot to do to get even an inch close to how amazing the action was last night on NXT Takeover.

Comments

Popular Posts